• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MVC membership giving suite night awards?

BarbmC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Club
Marriott BeachPlace
Marriott Vacation Club points owner
We were told during a presentation that MVC would give us 10 Suite Night Awards starting next year. Not sure if that's because we are Chairmans, but has anyone else heard that?

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points
We were told during a presentation that MVC would give us 10 Suite Night Awards starting next year. Not sure if that's because we are Chairmans, but has anyone else heard that?

I have not heard that, but think it would be a nice perk if it turned out to be true. We'll have to see what 2020 brings.

Sunbum

TUG Member
Reaction score
IMHO the suite nights are not worth much anyway. I made reservations at two different Delta properties this week and neither one accept the "perk".

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
IMHO the suite nights are not worth much anyway. I made reservations at two different Delta properties this week and neither one accept the "perk".

Correct; the Suite Night Awards are not that good. Suite Nights are only awarded if they remain unsold/unbooked at the time check in. If it's available you'll get it; if not you are plum out of luck.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I am 0 for 3 this year with SNA. With stays as short as 1 night and no upgrade with SNA. If it makes any difference have not gotten any Titanium upgrades also.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Correct; the Suite Night Awards are not that good. Suite Nights are only awarded if they remain unsold/unbooked at the time check in. If it's available you'll get it; if not you are plum out of luck.
They actually award them starting 5 days prior if they are available. I am 2 for 2 using them so far. Both were granted exactly 5 days prior to check in.

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Has anyone had success in extending SNAs for a current year to a following year, if not used?

OR

Has anyone had success in selecting a new award instead of SNAs, if in case the SNAs cannot be used in the calendar year?

I've got 5 SNAs left in 2019, which I've been unable to use and may not be able to use by year end. Trying to figure out if there are alternate options.

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score

They are actually confirmed up to 5 days out. Got Penthouse Suite confirmed 5 days out. Was doing a five night stay so used them all. I checked to see if upgrade room was available before I booked. And kept and eye as 0+5 approached.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are actually confirmed up to 5 days out. Got Penthouse Suite confirmed 5 days out. Was doing a five night stay so used them all. I checked to see if upgrade room was available before I booked. And kept and eye as 0+5 approached.

This is nice. You have been luckier than I have......

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score

Is that recent or further back? They initially looked pretty good. I could see most of the upgrade options. At some point all that changed. The viewable upgrade options are much more limited now. Can only go up one or two minor levels.

jpa2825

TUG Member
Reaction score

Has anyone tried to book a specific suite for $ using a different name / MR account and then canceling that reservation 6 days out in the hopes it won't get booked again in the day when the property starts checking SNA availability? Pretty sneaky (and I'd imagine running that scheme several times might get you in trouble), but maybe effective.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just confirmed three nights with upgrades for next week. Of course, the location is Cranbury NJ so YMMV!

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is that recent or further back? They initially looked pretty good. I could see most of the upgrade options. At some point all that changed. The viewable upgrade options are much more limited now. Can only go up one or two minor levels.

2 weeks ago