• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I met a guy and he said that he just bought 4,000,000 points

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am at GSL (which is admittedly NOT my favorite sales location.)

While waiting for the pool to open, a man asked if I was an owner and if it was worth it. Just then an older gentleman says that he and wife just bought that day. He had just retired and was from New York so he knew how to negotiate and kept telling them that he needed a better offer.

So, at first he said that they offered him 126k for $17,000 rolling his Discovery ($3k) into it. He declined. He kept telling them to make a better offer. So, he then tells me that he bought 4 million points for $3600 and his maintenance fees are only $60/month.

I can't tell you how many times I told him to read his contract. He said that he did and he was very excited for his purchase. The funny thing is that I was offered 1 million PR for $167k. I declined as well.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten

While waiting for the pool to open, a man asked if I was an owner and if it was worth it. Just then an older gentleman says that he and wife just bought that day. He had just retired and was from New York so he knew how to negotiate and kept telling them that he needed a better offer.

So, at first he said that they offered him 126k for $17,000 rolling his Discovery ($3k) into it. He declined. He kept telling them to make a better offer. So, he then tells me that he bought 4 million points for $3600 and his maintenance fees are only $60/month.

I can't tell you how many times I told him to read his contract. He said that he did and he was very excited for his purchase. The funny thing is that I was offered 1 million PR for $167k. I declined as well.
I’d love to see his contract. The 3600 was probably just closing costs lol.the scary part of your post is “older gentlemen” these slime balls take advantage of the elderly. I’d find him and ask to see his contract. Tell him you’re a lawyer and you want the same deal. Offer to go over his contract so you know what to negotiate yourself. UNLESS he’s just busting your chops and didn’t sign anything lol

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I think he's quite mistaken about something. I hope you got his name and number so you can stay in touch with him. Or maybe you won't need it, because when he gets his bill you'll be able to hear him screaming - all the way from New York! :eek:

Dave

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I think he's quite mistaken about something. I hope you got his name and number so you can stay in touch with him. Or maybe you won't need it, because when he gets his bill you'll be able to hear him screaming - all the way from New York! :eek:

Dave
The fact that he’s from NY tells me he was just busting chops and didn’t buy anything. Sounds like a jokester

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)

To build on what CPNY said, this sounds like the same hubris and fake math that the NY based banks and investment houses used that caused the Great Recession in the first place. It also sparks of Elder Abuse if it actually happened.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
CPNY might be right. A few months back I was in a hot tub with a number of people at HGVC Seaworld. Some guy was telling all those that would listen that he attended a HGVC sales presentation. He complained that the roughly $1400 HGVC maintenance fees were too high. He claimed to own 400 DVC points and that his maintenance fees with DVC were only $800. Fact is, 400 points with DVC is going to be at least $2500 in MF. He was either ignorant of what he owned or liked to brag about something he knew nothing about. I wanted to call him out on it but decided not to embarrass him in front of everyone else.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
CPNY might be right. A few months back I was in a hot tub with a number of people at HGVC Seaworld. Some guy was telling all those that would listen that he attended a HGVC sales presentation. He complained that the roughly $1400 HGVC maintenance fees were too high. He claimed to own 400 DVC points and that his maintenance fees with DVC were only $800. Fact is, 400 points with DVC is going to be at least $2500 in MF. He was either ignorant of what he owned or liked to brag about something he knew nothing about. I wanted to call him out on it but decided not to embarrass him in front of everyone else.
You would be surprised that some owners can BS and lie right up there with the sales weasels.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
No I don't think so. I'm quite sure that this man really does believe that he bought 4 million points for $3600.

I think though that they sold him 40000 points. The math with the discovery adds up and $60/month MF could be possible with a stinky MF and minimum program fees. I think that he was confusing points and dollars .00 and adding the 2 zeros to his point purchase.

Unless of course he really did buy 4 million points and his loan payment is $3600 PER MONTH and his MF is $60 per month PER 100k. I sure hope that Wyndham doesn't finance hundreds of thousands of dollar . Do they?

Last edited:

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba, Harborside Atlantis & Westin Lagunamar
I sure hope that Wyndham doesn't finance hundreds of thousands of dollar . Do they?
Im sure they would finance any amount as it counts as a sale

Jimag

TUG Member
Reaction score
No I don't think so. I'm quite sure that this man really does believe that he bought 4 million points for $3600.

I think though that they sold him 40000 points. The math with the discovery adds up and $60/month MF could be possible with a stinky MF and minimum program fees. I think that he was confusing points and dollars .00 and adding the 2 zeros to his point purchase.

Unless of course he really did buy 4 million points and his loan payment is $3600 PER MONTH and his MF is $60 per month PER THOUSAND. I sure hope that Wyndham doesn't finance hundreds of thousands of dollar . Do they?

:) My bet would be that the purchases is from Queens and a teller of tale tales like someone else we all know. I don't think even the most unscrupulous Wyndham salesperson would sell a relatively small contract for whatever amount and let the purchasers believe they were buying a 4,000,000 point contract with ridiculously low MF.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the highest record of points purchased recorded from Wyndham by an owner?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
52ADC6A3-56AB-4A4F-94CC-0EA70E29CC58.png

What is the highest record of points purchased recorded from Wyndham by an owner?
6,395,000 is the biggest single contract I’ve seen, don’t know if it was purchased all at one time or if they kept trading into a bigger contract

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I tried to do some math and drop some zeros and it became too much. Another possible misunderstanding could have been instead of 4 million, 1.4 million, since that's the new level they're proposing to add. But still, there are just far to many ways this guy could have misunderstood what he purchased and/or what he was being charged - or if he was trying to misrepresent the "deal" he got, just the fact that he doesn't understand the system enough to know what fake numbers would be beyond implausible to anyone with a shred of knowledge.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
@bendadin what kind of law do you practice? FWIW, I actually like Wyndham resale contracts. Wyndham is really strict about proper execution and notarization.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
I call BS. Owners lie. I learned that when I saw the estoppels of TS I was buying.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
View attachment 13626

6,395,000 is the biggest single contract I’ve seen, don’t know if it was purchased all at one time or if they kept trading into a bigger contract
I don’t trust SMTN Sales prices. They are completely inflated. Although, I bought a SVV for 700 that was listed for 25K lol

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Simple. There are timeshare seller liers, and there are timeshare "buyer" liers.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don’t trust SMTN Sales prices. They are completely inflated. Although, I bought a SVV for 700 that was listed for 25K lol
Yes, a lot of the asking prices are crazy high. But like you did you just have to offer what you’re willing pay.
I looked at the two Wyndham preferred resellers & you’ll see some craze high prices along with reasonable priced ones also.

Some owners refuse to believe what their TS is worth as a resale.
You also have owners that still owe close that crazy high asking price.
You’ll also see those crazy high asking prices on eBay or here on TUG every so often

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sumday has a asking price that can ussually be negotiated down to $50-100 all in. Purchase price includes closing and resort transfer fees. I have bought many Grand Desert deeds, a few Bonnet Creek and National harbor deeds from them. Never had a problem.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, a lot of the asking prices are crazy high. But like you did you just have to offer what you’re willing pay.
I looked at the two Wyndham preferred resellers & you’ll see some craze high prices along with reasonable priced ones also.

Some owners refuse to believe what their TS is worth as a resale.
You also have owners that still owe close that crazy high asking price.
You’ll also see those crazy high asking prices on eBay or here on TUG every so often
Resale values fluctuate depending on the time of year. Best time to buy is from Halloween to Christmas. Best time to sell spring break to mid summer.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resale values fluctuate depending on the time of year. Best time to buy is from Halloween to Christmas. Best time to sell spring break to mid summer.
I don’t have a clue what your post has to do with mine

Owners ask crazy high prices year round, those crazy high asking prices have nothing to do with the time of year

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with your timeline based on my observation and experience. I bought a 500,000 point Old Town Alexandria contract for $.05 per 1000 ($250) on Christmas Eve several years ago. There were 3 bidders including me. The other two must have been busy Christmas Eve so it was an easy snip. Seller paid closing; I paid deed transfer.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don’t have a clue what your post has to do with mine

Owners ask crazy high prices year round, those crazy high asking prices have nothing to do with the time of year

I agree with your timeline based on my observation and experience. I bought a 500,000 point Old Town Alexandria contract for $.05 per 1000 ($250) on Christmas Eve several years ago. There were 3 bidders including me. The other two must have been busy Christmas Eve so it was an easy snip. Seller paid closing; I paid deed transfer.
It was posted for others and not for your eyes only. Try not to be so narrow minded. Some found it relevant and others may not be so informed, others also may find it usefull.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
How can resale values fluctuate depending on the time of year if they’re free ?
I thought they’re given away everyday of the year so how does the fluctuation occur, I don’t count free year around a fluctuation ?

Why worry about resale values fluctuating when it’s cheaper to rent from a VIP ?