• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Does DSVII have dedicated 2BD units?

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grand Chateau, Sheraton Desert Oasis,
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
I want to confirm that a unit I’m interested in is definitely a lockoff. Did DSVII even build dedicated 2BD units? Is there somewhere I can look up the unit number to confirm? Thanks.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
At any floating season MVC resort that has lockoffs and non lockoffs, booking floating season lock offs are not ownership dependent, they are available first come first serve at time of booking. So you could own a floating non lockoff, and still book a lockoff, just as you could own a floating lock off, and if you are late booking, may end up with a non-lockoff if that is all that is available. So as long as DSVII has lockoffs, it really doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are no dedicated 2BR units at DSV2. As fasttr mentions, even if you had a non lockoff (which you can't), you can still lock off, first come first serve. But you have been asking a lot of good questions!

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
I just wanted to make sure I was actually buying a lockoff, because my paperwork did not specifically mention it. I like to fact-check my contracts since I think they get written in about 2 minutes flat!

Does first come first serve also mean that a person owning a dedicated 2BD unit can potentially book a lockoff and deposit both sides into II if they own at a resort that has both unit types?

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to make sure I was actually buying a lockoff, because my paperwork did not specifically mention it. I like to fact-check my contracts since I think they get written in about 2 minutes flat!

Does first come first serve also mean that a person owning a dedicated 2BD unit can potentially book a lockoff and deposit both sides into II if they own at a resort that has both unit types?

Sure. But note Fasttr also said "floating".

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx

First - - all are lock-offs.
Second - - it is impossible to own a dedicated 2 BR unit. Since I have been a DSV 1/2 owner I have split and deposit one or both sides.

If you doubt this, just call DSV 1 or 2 and ask if they have any DEDICATED 2 BR units that CANNOT be split into two pieces. If you are talking to a knowledgeable associate, they will tell you the truth. I've owned for nearly 10 years and know that there are not any dedicated 2 BR (non-split-able) units.

For your next question - - are there any dedicated deeded units that are only 1 br or only efficiency units? I think that the answer in "no".

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

For others reading applicable to resorts that have both. It does not matter if you own a 2 BR lockoff as long as the resort has lockoff's you can still reserve accordingly and vice versa. Obviously a 3 BR is a different animal.