• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Vacation Club

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
Westin Vacation Club is simply the branding for all of the Westin Resorts and associated flex programs in Vistana. The other main "club" in Vistana would be the Sheraton Vacation Club.

There is no real significance to it other than branding in my opinion.

farsighted99

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea (Maui)
I guess I was thinking they have the Marriott Vacation Club. And are they going to have all these other Clubs: Sheraton, Westin, etc? And how does this have anything to do with Vistana VSN stuff?

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Vistana consists of Westin Vacation Club and Sheraton Vacation Club - and existed before take over by Marriott.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

farsighted99

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea (Maui)
Really? Did Westin have their own timeshare club a long time ago? Had no idea. We bought in 2016...

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Really? Did Westin have their own timeshare club a long time ago? Had no idea. We bought in 2016...
The Westin Vacation Club and Sheraton Vacation Club were owned by Starwood prior to Starwood Vacation Ownership being spun off, sold to ILG and renamed Vistana. The Starwood hotels were sold to Marriott International. Westin never had a stand alone vacation club. It has always been part of Starwood/Vistana.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
They now have 3 phone numbers for reservations on the Vistana website - Westin Vacation Club, Sheraton Vacation Club and Harborside Resort at Atlantis. I think that is fairly new. I don’t remember them having different numbers a couple years ago.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
They now have 3 phone numbers for reservations on the Vistana website - Westin Vacation Club, Sheraton Vacation Club and Harborside Resort at Atlantis. I think that is fairly new. I don’t remember them having different numbers a couple years ago.
We have been owners for a few years and I remember seeing those separate numbers since we owned. So they have been there for a while. I suspect they all still route in to the same call center and same people.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
The third club was Atlantis as a standalone. They have been around for a while - before Vistana. There was s thread about this many years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sparty

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Westin Vacation Club and Sheraton Vacation Club were owned by Starwood prior to Starwood Vacation Ownership being spun off, sold to ILG and renamed Vistana. The Starwood hotels were sold to Marriott International. Westin never had a stand alone vacation club. It has always been part of Starwood/Vistana.

Technically you may be correct that Westin never had a stand alone vacation club, but for all practical purposes I always considered they did. Mainly because of Ocean Palms in Hilton Head. Barony Beach was formed when Westin didn't pursue hotel or "vacation club" plans on empty land between the Westin Villas and the Westin Hotel. Not sure if at other Westin locations there was similar "Westin Villas?"

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
Do we have any data on the % or number of Westin weeks owners that have given up their deed for Flex?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Do we have any data on the % or number of Westin weeks owners that have given up their deed for Flex?
I suspect not and I wouldn't expect Vistana to disclose that as it is likely considered proprietary information. I know that is the big push on Sheraton Flex and based on the decrease on resale inventory, I suspect many people are doing it.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
I suspect not and I wouldn't expect Vistana to disclose that as it is likely considered proprietary information. I know that is the big push on Sheraton Flex and based on the decrease on resale inventory, I suspect many people are doing it.

How is that going to change float inventory for those of us that choose not to change?? Fewer deeds in our pool means less inventory. Good for Flex owners. Bad for us. I own some premium high season weeks that I’d never have a chance at getting 12 mos out in Flex so I’m never going to trade them in.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
How is that going to change float inventory for those of us that choose not to change?? Fewer deeds in our pool means less inventory. Good for Flex owners. Bad for us. I own some premium high season weeks that I’d never have a chance at getting 12 mos out in Flex so I’m never going to trade them in.

I wouldn't be too worried about inventory. If you are booking within your season at least 12 months out or have a fixed week there it should be largely status quo.

For those who want to exchange using SO's there should be no difference since all Flex becomes SO's if not booked prior to 8 months.