• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Insurance Driving Monitoring

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
Maybe not the most credible witness (Bazinga), but this guy is 100% accurate. I have found myself doing exactly what he says, driving unsafely to try to please the device. The only thing the device considers to be safe driving is constant speed, so I have been not braking on curves and needlessly braking going down steep hills. The device does not like starts and stops . . . stop signs and traffic signals.

I believe we are on the cusp of pulling the devices and returning to safe driving, just like this guy says.

I have been wanting to try the program since last October, and just now got all ours and Safecos ducks in a row, because our premium is $2417.20 a year. As I've heard people say for 70 years, we are retired on a fixed income. Insurance is our biggest expense.

I have also learned that the discounts do not apply to all the coverages (something not stated until now), and I'm still waiting to see what they amount to.

The discount is only based on some of the coverages, rather than the total annual premium which includes all policy coverages and policy fees. The percentage of the discount is only on the premium for Bodily Injury, Property Damage, Personal Injury Protection, Uninsured Motorist, Comprehensive, and Collision. The discount doesn’t apply to the premium for Loss of Use, Roadside Assistance, or the policy fees.

:cool:

Yup, we're done. I'm pulling them and sending them back in. Other than us, no one cares to find out why they are not accurate. I'm thinking that would open a wormy can.

;)

Last edited:

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
Did anyone hear that?

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for warning the rest of us, won’t be trying that

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for warning the rest of us, won’t be trying that

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
After all we went through, I'm even more disappointed that it was not all it was represented to be, by omission and commission.

A whole lot of misrepresenting going on.

If I had any idea how little we saved, I'd post it, but they've lost me with their gobblygook. We started at $1960 for 3 vehicles.

Last edited:

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
You can tell from my OP that I was looking forward to this, that I had a healthy, show-me skepticism, but sincerely felt DW and I are exactly the type of drivers/people who would benefit from it:

I'm posting now because I can't imagine anyone who would be more discountable than us. We are not too old, or too young, to be dangerous drivers. Frankly, I am the one that the people behind me wish would go a little faster because I always drive the speed limit, and DW would be the person behind me wishing I would go a little faster.

Neither of us have had a driving violation in memory and the only accident claim I can ever recall is a deer hit a few years back. The deer was at fault, but was uninsured.

We also have an 800+ FICO score, and I know credit worthiness is factored into insurance premiums. We also have had a lot of insurance . . . right now three cars, a UTV, 2 boats, a boat dock, and 2 houses.

So, we'll see.

Last edited:

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
Best as I can figure, we went from $2519/year to $2231, a reduction of $288, or 11.4%.

DW says . . . not worth the aggravation I went through.

I say $288 is $288, and saving money with any company takes aggravation. That's why I'm VP of BS.

Last edited:

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
Our last 12 months premium was $2519.10, and participating in the abbreviated monitoring, we have been given a discount of $247.65.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Best as I can figure, we went from $2519/year to $2231, a reduction of $288, or 11.4%.

DW says . . . not worth the aggravation I went through.

I say $288 is $288, and saving money with any company takes aggravation. That's why I'm VP of BS.

I'm with your wife. And over time, actuarially the discounts will matter less and less. Your premiums will go up no matter what. Best to just shop for cheaper insurance every 5 years.

Last edited: