• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Who said drinking beer could be hazardous to your health?

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Wisconsin brewery recalls bottled beer over explosion risk

A Milwaukee brewery issued a voluntary recall last week over concerns that one of its bottled beers might explode.

Lakefront Brewery said one of its newest libations, My Turn Junk, a cherry kettle sour, was perfectly safe to drink, but might blow up before customers get a chance to guzzle it down.

The reason is because wild yeast in the beer, from the cherries it was brewed with, continues to ferment after bottling, which causes carbon dioxide to build up pressure.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Wisconsin brewery recalls bottled beer over explosion risk

A Milwaukee brewery issued a voluntary recall last week over concerns that one of its bottled beers might explode.

Lakefront Brewery said one of its newest libations, My Turn Junk, a cherry kettle sour, was perfectly safe to drink, but might blow up before customers get a chance to guzzle it down.

The reason is because wild yeast in the beer, from the cherries it was brewed with, continues to ferment after bottling, which causes carbon dioxide to build up pressure.
Have a party instead of a recall!

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
A little wild fermentation on top a kettle sour sounds delicious. The only problem is having to clean the ceiling after opening. Ask me how I know?

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see a challenge coming on. :clap:

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fruit does not belong in beer, I will not drink it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I agree except for a kettle sour. I do like a sour fruit put in a sour. Cherries on the other hand almost make it taste like cough syrup.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Apparently wild yeasts can be both a boon and a bane for beer producers. If wild yeast unintentionally gets into a beer and it is not stored at refrigerated conditions, the yeast becomes active and takes whatever sugar there is and converts it to alcohol. That leaves a somewhat sour unpleasant beer. The wild yeast is often much more vigorous than the brewer's yeast.

I bought a local IPA (Hanger 24, Betty IPA) and had that problem. They were very nice about correcting their problem and dropped off replacement beer (that was very good). j

My Dad dabbled in home brewing. He used baker's yeast. It is kind of like dynamite - - super vigorous action. If he prematurely capped the beer, it would blow up. Sometimes one bottom would trigger a chain reaction and a half-dozen bottles would be flowing across the floor of our basement - - much to my mother's chagrin. But, I would think that with a modern beer and brewing methods, that the residual yeast would be filtered or centrifuged out. So it is a bit surprising that a modern beer would "blow up".

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
I can relate. When I made root beer as a kid, I used to put a little extra yeast and a little extra sugar into the blend, just to pep things up...that is, until the mason jars I was using started to explode in the basement. Mother was not thrilled.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Cherry kettle sour my be safe to drink but it sounds perfectly awful!