• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Flying just gets worse and worse

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
You look puzzled about why so many folks reacted to your comment, so let me help you out. You first said feeding her kid is fine, then you said feeding her kid was your issue. What obviously really bothered you was the mother's "boob" which you put in the same category as vomit, body odor, poop, diarrhea, stinky food and other horrible things on airplanes which co-passengers are forced to endure.

Why would it be her responsibility to shield you from seeing something no one is forcing you to look at? Why isn't it your responsibility to shield yourself?

That doesn't even begin to address the question as to why you feel so repulsed by a woman's body in this natural situation (and one which doesn't demean the woman), when most men and possibly you have a very different reaction when seeing her body in many other contexts (many of which do demean the woman).

No, boobs don't bother me and I am not sure why you would read between the lines to say this. What bothers me is having no choice but to sit next to a person that is breast feeding. How do you think that a breast feeding baby next to you would not be noticeable ? Because I am Saint Bill I did put up with it. Others may have complained. If you feel demeaned that is your own problem.

My favorite part of Bill's comments were "Breast feeding is fine". LOL. Of course it is. In fact it's so fine and obvious that it shouldn't even be stated.

I should of said I'm fine with breast feeding unless the person that is breast feeding is sitting next to me. What is wrong with that ?

Bottom line for me is I don't like having a baby anywhere near me on an airplane.

Bill

Last edited:

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's OK Bill, just back away from the boobs slowly, lay back on the couch and relax.

Now, what would say causes you such feelings about this? Why are you so uncomfortable being in such close proximity? :ponder:

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
That doesn't even begin to address the question as to why you feel so repulsed by a woman's body in this natural situation (and one which doesn't demean the woman), when most men and possibly you have a very different reaction when seeing her body in many other contexts (many of which do demean the woman).

Who is to say what context demeans a woman? If she is okay with it then who are you to judge? Even if it is demeaning maybe she is okay with it.

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Who is to say what context demeans a woman? If she is okay with it then who are you to judge? Even if it is demeaning maybe she is okay with it.
I'm a woman, so I'm entitled to judge and to call out situations that are demeaning. Through the centuries, some women have been "okay" with all sorts of demeaning situations: no right to vote, no rights to own property, no rights to not be raped and/or beaten. There are zillions of instances of half-naked and naked women's bodies shown as sexual objects and in poses of submission in advertising to sell all sorts of products. Only when enough women called these out and organized against it did any of this change, and to this day, there's still plenty of it.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm a woman, so I'm entitled to judge and to call out situations that are demeaning. Through the centuries, some women have been "okay" with all sorts of demeaning situations: no right to vote, no rights to own property, no rights to not be raped and/or beaten. There are zillions of instances of half-naked and naked women's bodies shown as sexual objects and in poses of submission in advertising to sell all sorts of products. Only when enough women called these out and organized against it did any of this change, and to this day, there's still plenty of it.

This was in regards to a women's body the other stuff is off topic. You have a right to decide what you consider is demeaning but not to try to implement that on others. As long as the women are willing to do what they want I am for it and support their rights and freedom. You seem to be trying to limit that based on what you feel acceptable.

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
In before the thread lock:D

Cheers

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score

Just a thought, and I not defending anyone for demeaning women.

You must understand that there are women who place themselves into those situations by their own free will and desire. Financial gain for doing so is just one reason. Over the course of my career I've arrested prostitutes who felt no shame whatsoever for their choice. I've offered help and resources to free them from that situation and the one answer that will forever remain is, it's my body and I can choose what I want to do with it. Not when it's illegal of course, but you get the idea. ;)

All one needs to do is look at any publication that offers nudity as a selling point. There are women who made that choice for profit, not because they were forced into it. The payment was just to much to refuse. What's demeaning to one women is not to another.
Your morals are your morals and no, you can't save everyone. There are those that simply don't wish to be saved. What you believe to be ethical, some may not. Yes, women have been seen as nothing but objects and suffered for it and no it's not right.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I am going to go out on a limb and support Bill on this. He is simply stating he did not like being next to the woman and her breastfeeding baby and he is entitled to his feelings on it. I am a woman and it obviously would not bother me in the same way, but - geez- on these planes people are right on top of each other.

I get it, Bill. I don't think it was a demeaning comment at all.

Meanwhile- although I am excited to go on our upcoming trip to Utah, I do dread flying. I get stressed just thinking about it.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am going to go out on a limb and support Bill on this. He is simply stating he did not like being next to the woman and her breastfeeding baby and he is entitled to his feelings on it. I am a woman and it obviously would not bother me in the same way, but - geez- on these planes people are right on top of each other.

I get it, Bill. I don't think it was a demeaning comment at all.

He was critizing her for not covering up. That is more then just his feelings on it. Maybe Bill should have brought eye shades so he could cover himself up.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*

Anyway, there is nothing more I can add to this convo except I thought my actions were more than exemplary considering the situation. I would say Saintly. Indeed, Saint Billiam.

I hope things get better for you.

Bill

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
He was critizing her for not covering up. That is more then just his feelings on it. Maybe Bill should have brought eye shades so he could cover himself up.

I myself personally feel women should cover up a bit in public when breast feeding. Nothing wrong with being discreet.

Reactions: Tia