• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta Upgrading Through Reservations

musictom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it's possible to upgrade their timeshare (for a single week, not as in selling, etc.) through the reservations line? I know more than once reservations have upgraded me from MP to GM, but I believe those were special promotions.

I've also been able to purchase extra weeks for the cost of a maintenance fee, but wondering if I called they'd offer me a price to upgrade my MP reservation to a GM reservation.

Thanks.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I understand that they will occasionally upgrade you outside of the high season. Not sure I’ve heard of official promotions for that, though I’ve been told they would do it as a trial for a sales presentation if you agree to do an update.

When is it you’re planning on going down? I have an extra residence week (i.e., Vacation Fair in the old terms) or two I could make you a reservation with if you want and it’s available. PM me if you’re interested.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I understand that they will occasionally upgrade you outside of the high season. Not sure I’ve heard of official promotions for that, though I’ve been told they would do it as a trial for a sales presentation if you agree to do an update.

When is it you’re planning on going down? I have an extra residence week (i.e., Vacation Fair in the old terms) or two I could make you a reservation with if you want and it’s available. PM me if you’re interested.

Several years ago, they would occasionally have a promo to upgrade to the next level higher unit for the price of your MF. It was to let you see what you were missing. ;) I have not seen those in a while. This year was the big push for the 45th anniversary and either $450 or $800 depending on when you go. These end November 16th for the 850 and October 31 for the $800. I have received numerous emails about that.

musictom

TUG Member
Reaction score

Eric, that's a generous offer! I've already made my reservations, but thanks again! My wife, SIS and BIL are going to NV MP the middle of October.

musictom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Several years ago, they would occasionally have a promo to upgrade to the next level higher unit for the price of your MF. It was to let you see what you were missing. ;) I have not seen those in a while. This year was the big push for the 45th anniversary and either $450 or $800 depending on when you go. These end November 16th for the 850 and October 31 for the $800. I have received numerous emails about that.

I did take advantage of the $450 credit. Just missed the $800 credit by a couple of weeks. Oh well. :)

StructureGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta
When I asked if it was possible to upgrade from a Grand Luxxe 2-bdrm Spa to a Grand Luxxe 3-bdrm Spa just one time in July, Vidanta didn't consider it for even a moment. "Well. Let's see what your contract says. No. You are not allowed to rent that unit." (However, thanks, Eric)

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
You’re quite welcome! Always happy to help out my TUG friends.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I did take advantage of the $450 credit. Just missed the $800 credit by a couple of weeks. Oh well. :)

Interesting that you received emails for the $800 promo .
( I had assumed it was only sent to owners above the Mayan Palace brand level with higher MF)

I only received the $450 promo emails - but our 2019 MF for a MP one bedroom suite is about $35 shy of $800 . I guess Vidanta didn’t want to pay me to book a week .

Last edited:

Jan S

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...........we never received an email about the $450 or $800 promotions. Maybe I should give Vidanta a call to find out if we are on the "bad or difficult" list because we have refused to upgrade the last 3 times.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hmmm...........we never received an email about the $450 or $800 promotions. Maybe I should give Vidanta a call to find out if we are on the "bad or difficult" list because we have refused to upgrade the last 3 times.

Do you get monthly emails of the Vidanta Traveller etc?
If not - perhaps your not in the member outreach email system and need to get added .

We have never upgraded / and have received the many $450 promo emails .