• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best way to book Lagoon tower next year

strgrace1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,
We are owner of Lagoon Tower so I book one week 6/6/20-6/13/20 with no problem. Want to book one more week before this week 5/30-6/6/20 by using points that we saved from last year. What is the best way to book that week? I have been monitor last couple days and it’s impossible to get in, all rooms disappeared within 10 minutes, system was slow and when I got the room I want, entered CC then it eventually came back error. Any advice? Thank you

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
The system was horrendously slow yesterday. Took me all day and most of the evening to even be able to login.
Normally the units will show up around midnight eastern time, although last time I did that, it seemed to be 10 minutes after midnight.
You could try that.

If you see something during the day, maybe try to call whilst you try to book online or something?
I would think that you'll have a very good chance to get what you want. It's possible that others are "walking" their reservations and thus temporarily booking the dates you want and as the week moves on, you may see what you need/want.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Change your home week booking to 5/30/20-6/6. I think that you can still do that today. If not then call CS. Then in 7 or 8 days (whenever you first can do it) call CS and have them change your home week (5/30-6/6) to a club booking (they will cancel and rebook that reservation). Now, you have “your foot already in the door” and can add one day each day onto your reservation until you have your two weeks.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Change your home week booking to 5/30/20-6/6. I think that you can still do that today. If not then call CS. Then in 7 or 8 days (whenever you first can do it) call CS and have them change your home week (5/30-6/6) to a club booking (they will cancel and rebook that reservation). Now, you have “your foot already in the door” and can add one day each day onto your reservation until you have your two weeks.

Looks like her home week is Platinum and the week prior is Gold so the home week can’t be changed to the earlier week.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Btw, when CS reboots your reservation to a club, it will then put your saved points first.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Looks like her home week is Platinum and the week prior is Gold so the home week can’t be changed to the earlier week.

Wow, I didn’t check that. Thanks. Sorry, forget my advice then. LT tower bookings go very quickly (like exactly at midnight EST). I haven’t been able to book a reservation before here because someone was able to push the button faster.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Wow, I didn’t check that. Thanks. Sorry, forget my advice then. LT tower bookings go very quickly (like exactly at midnight EST). I haven’t been able to book a reservation before here because someone was able to push the button faster.

And Gold season is very competitive because the point requirements are lower.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
And Gold season is very competitive because the point requirements are lower.

Wow, I am sure that is true. I will always start “walking my reservation” early at this resort because it is so hard to break in.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Wow, I am sure that is true. I will always start “walking my reservation” early at this resort because it is so hard to break in.
With how the website has been working lately, it is impossible to "break in" right now. Waiting to call in the morning when the phone lines open up is too late.

Kurt

strgrace1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much for all replies, I have tried walking my reservation for days but can’t get in. I called in at 5am Pacific time this morning but they asked me multiple questions to verify such as my favorite color, ...which somehow I couldn’t remember ‍♀️, remember when I set it up, it was almost 10 years ago and it was 5am. By the the time they checked inventory, all are unavailable. Will try again tonight and call tomorrow 5am. It looks like it’s getting harder to get in Lagoon tower, I am thinking to buy second week, what do you think of $7000+ for 7000 points? Is this good deal?

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
At least they have a thing on their website now that says they're having difficulties.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
At least they have a thing on their website now that says they're having difficulties.
Understatement of the year! :mad: Can't even get to the login page this morning -- just sits and spins. HGVC really screwed the pooch with this lately.

Kurt

strgrace1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wanted to give you update, I am able to get in Grand Waikikian 1 bedroom plus 3 nights 3150 points, I really want to get in Lagoon Tower 1 bedroom plus 3 nights 2,100 points. What is your suggestion now? Should I call at 5am (Pacific time) to have them change to Lagoon? Or cont. with walking my reservation? Is there a chance to change building or I stuck with Grand Waikikian?

hockeybrain

TUG Member
Reaction score
Late but I hope you took Grand Waikikian since connected to Lagoon. Grand Waikikian rooms have the benefit of washer / dryer in room not just at end of hall shared use like Lagoon.