• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Depositing in RCI or another Exchange

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
We are going to Big Island and need to p/u 1bdrms. Would RCI be our best bet to exchange our SDO or should we use another exchange company?

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Where do you want to stay? SFX is another option to access HGVC properties - but buyer beware with them. I've had great luck, others haven't. In II you can easily get Kona Coast or maybe Paniolo Greens. (There are other options - I just see those two sitting in inventory frequently). I'm not trading in RCI any more so hopefully others will chime in with what the TPU costs are for those units to figure out what your exchange costs are for comparison.

Btw, if you use II, you can book a Vistana property somewhere else to use the discounted exchange fee, then add eplus to use your first retrade to pick up something that is just sitting there in inventory.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
How much is the vistana discounted exchange fee ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
You only get a discount if you request and trade for other Vistana resorts - none on the BI.

We exchanged into Kings Land and Kohala Suites (Waikoloa) through RCI in May - both very nice properties. We've also stayed at the Wyndham Kona Hawaiia Village and liked it. Did not like Mauna Loa Village in Kona.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Per TUG policy, I moved the Exchange Company Sightings that were posted above, to the Sightings Forum.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Per TUG policy, I moved the Exchange Company Sightings that were posted above, to the Sightings Forum.
Thanks Denise. I really wasn't thinking of this as a sighting, just as showing the TPUs needed.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
We will be at The Bay Club so I want to have other family members close by.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Your best bet for getting units in the Hilton group in Waikoloa are when they do their bulk (not sure of the term, deposits sounds wrong).

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Then it's RCI or SFX. When are you going? Is it within the next 12 months? You may have missed the bulk deposits in RCI so getting stray weeks will be more difficult. Check the sightings board and search to see if the HGVC bulk deposits for your dates have already happened.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
How much is the vistana discounted exchange fee ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think the Vistana to Vistana fee is 149 instead of 199. By the way, I initially booked Marriott Ko Olina and deposited a Westin but I later changed to Nanea using Eplus. Shouldn't Interval refund me the difference since the Vistana trade is now cheaper?

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think the Vistana to Vistana fee is 149 instead of 199. By the way, I initially booked Marriott Ko Olina and deposited a Westin but I later changed to Nanea using Eplus. Shouldn't Interval refund me the difference since the Vistana trade is now cheaper?
To get the discount, your first exchange has to be Vistana to Vistana, or Marriott to Marriott whichever applies.

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Resort Orlando (2BR, Deeded Wk10) , Silver Lake Resort Orlando (3BRLO)
That's weird. I show a discount exchange fee in RCI with Vistana no matter where I am exchanging into. Must be a different program. Picture below of exchange to Lake Placid Lodge (def. NOT Vistana or Marriott) shows discounted fee if Vistana selected.