• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Buying a Float Week to trade

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I keep track of getaway prices by month for mvci resorts, which is generally what we stay at, to help me plan my years. The highest demand week, sure, you're right! Summer is actually still cheap, June being higher than July/August. August was actually $297. Feb is the highest month. Every month of the year has Orlando mvci getaways. We are not tied to school. Of course, everyone's desires and needs are different. No one size fits all. I certainly agree with HHI! But this was about Orlando specifically.

We use getaways a lot as an alternative to owning more weeks or points or whatever. We'll hit close to 100 nights this year.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
For me my interest was because I want to have access to II in general. Truthfully, I said Orlando because theyre the only Marriotts I've been to. I really like Bonnet Creek and Reunion as well, I just wanted to have access to Marriott. I live on the east coast and most of the WorldMarks are on the west coast, but my husband and I plan on living wherever it advances his career, so I don't want to make a decision solely on where I live. Maybe for me its also familiarity. Club Wyndham give me RCI and WorldMark gives me II and both are part of Wyndham Destinations.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
My take on Orlando. Use AC when it's on the grid for shoulder season weeks. Use getaways for off season. Use II to get high season, but only use studio or 1BR. For short stays in shoulder/off just pay cash. That's my method for Williamsburg also. I would never use destination club points for a full week stay at either Williamsburg or Orlando. Maybe a Sunday-Thursday.