• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Ownership

jess10

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana Resort
Hello, I'm a Sheraton owner and am trying to learn more about Wyndham ownership. I actually purchased after I did a tour presentation last year, then subsequently rescinded as I wasn't sure it was worth it. I'm interested in finding out owner's experiences.

Jess10

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm going out on a limb here and speculating that since Wyndham VIP isn't a reachable level using resale purchases, that darn few TUGgers are VIP. Just a guess though.

Jim

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Hello, I'm a Sheraton owner and am looking for a Wyndham VIP owner re: Old Town Alexandria or the National Harbor Resort.

Please contact me ASAP via private message at jpferdinand@hotmail.com

Thanks

Jess10

Jess10 - there is a concern that this is a Rental Wanted ad - which is only allowed in Last Minute Rentals section 45 days out or the Marketplace. If that is not your intent, please reword your post to clarify what you need a Wyndham VIP owner for.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
I assumed it was someone that wanted to work a trade.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rental wanted from a VIP, Interesting. There maybe some value in this thought?

Last edited:

jess10

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana Resort
Jess10 - there is a concern that this is a Rental Wanted ad - which is only allowed in Last Minute Rentals section 45 days out or the Marketplace. If that is not your intent, please reword your post to clarify what you need a Wyndham VIP owner for.

That isn't the intent. Just joined today. Thanks.

bestpal38

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Club Access
I'm going out on a limb here and speculating that since Wyndham VIP isn't a reachable level using resale purchases, that darn few TUGgers are VIP. Just a guess though.

Jim
I happen to be VIP but I got my ownership the old fashioned way (Mom died). Just picked up another 154,000 even year points, for basically nothing, and I'm stoked. Grand desert, so low MF's. Love the ownership, not sure I would buy my way to VIP because the benefits wouldn't justify the money spent!!

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade

Jim

I’m silver VIP. My first two purchases were from developer specifically to get VIP. To us, it was worth it and we’re glad we did it. Now, since we are VIP, we’re in the process of purchasing resale points so we can travel more. We use all our points ourselves, no renting. We just like to travel and we enjoy the VIP perks that we do get.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jess10

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana Resort
Thanks for your responses. Could you elaborate on resale points. I'm new to all this stuff. I have a 1-bed, 1 week and wish to upgrade to a 2-bed without spending a fortune. What are the best ways to do this?

bestpal38

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Club Access
Thanks for your responses. Could you elaborate on resale points. I'm new to all this stuff. I have a 1-bed, 1 week and wish to upgrade to a 2-bed without spending a fortune. What are the best ways to do this?
Resale points are found on Ebay, or here on the Tug marketplace, and other places as well. You can usually pick them up for next to nothing....I.E...I just picked up 154,000 even year points for a grand total of $250 closing cost. Maint fees run about $45 a month. Wyndham timeshares are points based, not weeks based. I use my timeshare more for shorter stays, 3-4 nights. I often use it for 1 night stays as well, but those can only be booked 2 weeks out. Unless you need ARP (Advance Reservation priority, booking 13 months out) Look for something deeded in a low Maint fee resort. Grand desert is one, I alos own Bali Hai in Hawaii which is very low. That helps keep the expenses down. Keep researching, and by all means keep asking questions. I love my timeshare, but there is no way I ever would have paid developer prices for it. I'm looking to add more points myself. Good luck, feel free to ask more questions.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you’re a Sheraton owner looking to upgrade, I’m not sure I understand why you’re asking your question on a Wyndham forum. Are you wanting to purchase an additional timeshare week? That would be adding a ts, not upgrading. However, if you are wanting to know more about purchasing a Wyndham ts on the resale market, you are in the right place. With Wyndham, you can either buy weeks at a specific location or points which give you access to any of Wyndham's resorts.

Timeshare owners who want to get out of their contracts because they can’t travel any more, can’t or don’t want to pay their maintenance fees will sell their timeshares here on TUG Marketplace, ebay, and other sites. Some even give them away. You have to be careful because there are scams but there are also great deals to be had.

So, you need to decide where you want to travel, when you want to travel and how much money you want to spend. Browse around here on TUG. There are forums for all the major ts companies and ask questions. I’m m in the process of purchasing my first resale contract. I spent a great deal of time here on TUG just reading the sticky’s and forums to learn about the process and what to look for.

Good luck!

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)

What specifically do you own? Which week(s) from which resort? I'm not aware of any way to "upgrade" a currently owned one bedroom week to a two bedroom week via Wyndham resale. You could try and find a two bedroom resale week at the same resort - but it's probably going to be hard to find the exact same week at the exact same resort section that you currently own on the resale market unless you have a lot of patience or quite a bit of luck. If you were able to find a two bedroom week at the same resort, you could then offload your existing week via resale. If you went the developer route - Wyndham might give you credit for your existing one bedroom week if they have a two bedroom week that matches and sell you the two bedroom in place of the one bedroom week - but I honestly don't know if Wyndham will still sell a weeks based timeshare retail. If you really want a week at the exact same resort, you are probably better off finding a points contract for said resort on the resale market, so you get ARP at that resort and can book the same week you have but via points in the ARP booking window (13-10 months booking window). A resale CWA contract may also work well for you dependent upon which resort you're targeting. Give us some specifics as to what you currently own and what you specifically want to consider purchasing and we should be able to point you in the right direction here. :)

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)

Jim

Plenty of VIP owners from Wyndham on this site. Some are newer VIP owners like me - because with our method of purchase coupled with our usage patterns - developer is cheaper over the long term than resale, for various reasons (other threads detail this out to the nth degree already). Others have owned for decades and are VIPs due to multiple purchases made over time combined with length of ownership combined with grandfathering into the current VIP program. Others by family inheritance or by merging separate accounts into one combined account that together have enough developer points to qualify for VIP levels (marriage, families, etc.).

jess10

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana Resort
If you’re a Sheraton owner looking to upgrade, I’m not sure I understand why you’re asking your question on a Wyndham forum. Are you wanting to purchase an additional timeshare week? That would be adding a ts, not upgrading. However, if you are wanting to know more about purchasing a Wyndham ts on the resale market, you are in the right place. With Wyndham, you can either buy weeks at a specific location or points which give you access to any of Wyndham's resorts.

Timeshare owners who want to get out of their contracts because they can’t travel any more, can’t or don’t want to pay their maintenance fees will sell their timeshares here on TUG Marketplace, ebay, and other sites. Some even give them away. You have to be careful because there are scams but there are also great deals to be had.

So, you need to decide where you want to travel, when you want to travel and how much money you want to spend. Browse around here on TUG. There are forums for all the major ts companies and ask questions. I’m m in the process of purchasing my first resale contract. I spent a great deal of time here on TUG just reading the sticky’s and forums to learn about the process and what to look for.

Good luck!

Thanks, your response is enlightening; and forgive me for my ignorance :).

I am muddling a few thoughts and I'll try to remember this is a Wyndham forum, I actually forgot.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks, your response is enlightening; and forgive me for my ignorance :).

I am muddling a few thoughts and I'll try to remember this is a Wyndham forum, I actually forgot.
No problem. I’ve done the same thing. I try to remember now to check which forum I’m on before hitting the Post Reply button. Kinda like making sure you don’t hit Reply All on email.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Some of us have a VIP P level her on TUG, but through backdoor deals that Wyndham no longer offers. Love my VIP P, Had it for over 10 years. Hate Wyndham Sales.

It a love hate kind of thing.

Last edited: