• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Comparison of Wyndham and Worldmark

BrentS

Reaction score
I am in the process of doing research to decide which timeshare system I want to buy into.
When I look at the comparison chart on the TUG website, there seems to be a difference between Wyndham and Worldmark.
https://tug2.net/timeshare_advice/timeshare-system-comparison-chart.html
Wyndham and Worldmark are both listed within the same driectory.
http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/wyndham/plus_membersdirectory1819/index.php#/0
This brings up several questions.
1. Why does the comparison chart listed above show that a 2 bedroom place cost 190,000 Wyndham points, and only 12,000 Worldmark points?
The annual maintenance fees are nearly identical.
2. If I were to buy Wyndham points, how do I use them to stay at a Worldmark property?
3. Is a Wyndham property more luxurious than a Worldmark property?
4. There does not seem to be a lot of choices outside the USA? Is there a better system, that has timeshares worldwide?
Thanks for your help.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham is typically a little nicer than Worldmark.

The currency is different. So the number of WM points and the number of Wyndham points are not comparable.

Worldmark has some Mexico resorts. Wyndham does not have anything international directly.

Worldmark has a lot of west coast presence. Wyndham has more east coast presence.

If you buy Wyndham resale you cannot book into a Worldmark only locations unless you exchange thru RCI.

Your decision on buying one or the other really boils down to which system has resorts in places that you want to vacation.

Bill4728

Reaction score
1. Why does the comparison chart listed above show that a 2 bedroom place cost 190,000 Wyndham points, and only 12,000 Worldmark points?

Different TS sytems have different point values (like foreign currency like a US dollar and a japanese yen)

2. If I were to buy Wyndham points, how do I use them to stay at a Worldmark property?

Generally most people here on TUG suggest you buy resale and save 80% or more Resale buyers can not buy worldmark and use points to stay at a wyndham resort

3. Is a Wyndham property more luxurious than a Worldmark property?
New worldmark resorts are similar to new wyndham resorts

4. There does not seem to be a lot of choices outside the USA? Is there a better system, that has timeshares worldwide?
Going to resorts in other countries is often done by trading with the two big trading companies RCI & II

I see you live in California, Worldmark has most of their resorts in the western US and Wyndham in the eastern US So I suggest worldmark BUT buying a TS is really easy and selling one if you buy the wrong TS is really hard. You spend some time and research where you'd like to travel . There are many other TS systems like Hilton, marriott, Westin, Hyatt and Diamond out there and some are really good to resale buyers and other not so much.

Good Luck

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Based on your location, You would want WordMark over Wyndham. If you want a few weeks a year, I would suggest looking into owning BOTH. The Wyndham system has better options (more 4 star resorts, more amenities). The rooms are about the same. A WorldMark ownership can trade into a Marriott, Westin, Sheraton, Hyatt, Vistana, whereas a Wyndham cannot. If you own a bit of both systems, you have access to pretty much every timeshare that exists, besides the REALLY high demand ones like DVC that you'd have to rent (Grand Californian for Reference). Wyndham comes with a free RCI membership, but the companies I mentioned don't trade through RCI. If you want access to every vacation club out there as a trade option, own 50/50.

You can't stay at WordMark being a Wyndham resale owner. You have to buy both systems resale to have full access.

Last edited:

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
There is another way to gain some International access with WMTC but it is expensive. That is to buy WMTC Developer Credits/Points. WMTC Developer Credits/Points have access to Wyndham (formerly Worldmark) South Pacific. This includes Resorts in New Zealand and Australia. I believe they have access in Bali. Wyndham South Pacific has recently added Resorts in Bavaria, Tuscany, and Normandy. They are also working on some Resorts in Japan. Next February we are spending 2 weeks in Tasmania and 1 week in Melbourne Australia. This will be our 4th trip Downunder in 10 years.

WMTC has Resorts in Mexico, Western Canada, and Fiji. These are available for all WMTC Members.