• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Point deposit feature

VAlegacy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see by looking at the Wyndham brochure that using this feature requires a fee of $39.99 and that it can only be used to for standard and express bookings.
On the Wyndham 10 part series I also see that Any member who has not purchased ½ million or more points from the developer, cannot place points into the Points Credit Pool after the start date of their Use Year.

1. Buying resale, does that mean I can deposit next years points before the start of my use year, or as a resale buyer can I not use this feature at all?

2. IF I can use it, is there a maximum point amount I can deposit, or a maximum amount of years I can deposit?

shorts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Points
Morritts Tortuga Club (9 wks) Grand Cayman
That information is old. There is no longer the credit pool feature. You can still deposit points to a future year but you can not use them in the current year after you deposit them like you could with the credit pool (except in the case of borrowing during the express window). Nor can you deposit future use year points for use in the current year as you could with the old credit pool.

If you are not VIP, you have the first 3 months of your use year (January to end of March for most) when you can deposit points (up to your annual amount) to one or both of the next two years. But as stated above, you will not be able to pull them back to use unless they fall under the rules allowing you to borrow points during the Express booking window. There is still the fee per year to deposit points forward.

VAlegacy

TUG Member
Reaction score
So even as a resale owner, I can still deposit during the first 3 months of my usage year...up to a total of 2 years combined?
Could I then as well, deposit 2 years and on the 3rd use all 3 years, or is it deposit 1 year then have to use both years during the next usage year.

Thank you!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
You can use up to 3 years during one year if you want. You would have to, for example, deposit 2020 use points into 2022. Then in 2021 deposit use into 2020 then up to 10 months before reservation you want to make in 2022, you would have 2020, 2021, and 2022 points to use. You have to decide everything in advance you would not be able to deposit 2020 into 2021 and then in 2021 decide to deposit both the (moved forward) 2020 points AND 2021 points into 2022.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
I've spent 50+ HOURS as my hobby recently seeing if there ever is situation that really truly makes a developer purchase worth it. As resale, you don't get Club Pass(which is shit compared to WorldMark resale) and VIP (which ONLY applies to Club Wyndham managed units). These VIP benefits are useless holiday weeks, so if you travel mostly during the holidays, it's pointless. You could get VIP for a decent price, about 14k (Silver), or 27k (Gold) using PIC Plus, but it isn't worth it because if the underlying week you enrolled into PIC plus stops trading with RCI and trades with II instead, you lose VIP and all the money you spent on your status. If you straight up bought the required points the old fashioned way, you're looking at about 50kfor Silver, 85-100k for gold. NOT WORTH IT. If you want access to all the Wyndham resorts, just do 50/50 ownership between Club Wyndham and Worldmark.

I bought a year ago and have my final purchase plan that's about equal to owning 1,000,000 CWS points. I was about to do Hilton, but changed my mind when I understood WorldMark better. I did 497k Wyndham and am going to buy 35,000 Worldmark this winter when prices are bottomed out (which is about 500,000 CWS points). My total cost of purchase would be about $7,000 in total and there are TWO things that I get that even a VIP Platinum owner will never have that means A LOT to me as a consumer.

1. I get 13 month ARP for ALL the WorldMark locations (I travel holidays)
2. I can trade with II (Marriott, Westin, Hyatt and Sheraton)

Edit: I know 1,000,000 sounds like a lot, but I get 2 free CWS guest certs and 4 free WM guest certs a year and plan on using them to rent out what I don't use, or let my family/friends use it and reimburse me the maintenance costs.

Last edited:

shorts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Points
Morritts Tortuga Club (9 wks) Grand Cayman
So even as a resale owner, I can still deposit during the first 3 months of my usage year...up to a total of 2 years combined?
Could I then as well, deposit 2 years and on the 3rd use all 3 years, or is it deposit 1 year then have to use both years during the next usage year.

Thank you!

You can only move one year (the current use year points) at a time and it can only be moved once. So if you move 2020 points to 2021 they must be used in 2021. But you can choose to move them to 2022 instead if you don’t think you want to use them in 2021 (or you can split them between use years with the payment of additional deposit fee). Then in the first 3 months of 2021 you can choose to move some or all of your 2021 points to 2022 or 2023. If you had chosen to move your 2020 points to 2022 and your 2021 points you would then have 3 years worth of points in 2022 to use.

Two years of those would have to be used because they can not be moved a second time but you would have the choice to move the 2022 points during the first 3 months.

Hope this better explains the points deposit feature.

VAlegacy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you
I don't see myself every doing it, but is it the same for EOY, where I could store 2 cycles and use all 3 at once (6 years)

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Thank you
I don't see myself every doing it, but is it the same for EOY, where I could store 2 cycles and use all 3 at once (6 years)
I believe if you have every other year the best you could do would be 2 use years. So in 2020, you could deposit in 2021 or 2022. In 2021, you don't get points so you can't move anything forward. In 2022 you could use your points along with the 2020 points that you deposited into 2022.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
I've spent 50+ HOURS as my hobby recently seeing if there ever is situation that really truly makes a developer purchase worth it. As resale, you don't get Club Pass(which is shit compared to WorldMark resale) and VIP (which ONLY applies to Club Wyndham managed units). These VIP benefits are useless holiday weeks, so if you travel mostly during the holidays, it's pointless. You could get VIP for a decent price, about 14k (Silver), or 27k (Gold) using PIC Plus, but it isn't worth it because if the underlying week you enrolled into PIC plus stops trading with RCI and trades with II instead, you lose VIP and all the money you spent on your status. If you straight up bought the required points the old fashioned way, you're looking at about 50kfor Silver, 85-100k for gold. NOT WORTH IT. If you want access to all the Wyndham resorts, just do 50/50 ownership between Club Wyndham and Worldmark.

I bought a year ago and have my final purchase plan that's about equal to owning 1,000,000 CWS points. I was about to do Hilton, but changed my mind when I understood WorldMark better. I did 497k Wyndham and am going to buy 35,000 Worldmark this winter when prices are bottomed out (which is about 500,000 CWS points). My total cost of purchase would be about $7,000 in total and there are TWO things that I get that even a VIP Platinum owner will never have that means A LOT to me as a consumer.

Edit: I know 1,000,000 sounds like a lot, but I get 2 free CWS guest certs and 4 free WM guest certs a year and plan on using them to rent out what I don't use, or let my family/friends use it and reimburse me the maintenance costs.
If money is the only consideration, you may be correct. My time is worth just as much to me and I can think of about 1,000,000 things that I’d rather spend 50 hours doing than trying to prove my opinion about what other people spend their money on is the only right one.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
I don't think it's a waste of time if you are doing it to see if you want to make a purchase. I personally sometimes spend more time in a week playing video games. I was strongly considering VIP Gold. I found another way that was $20,000 cheaper to get a similar effect. So yes, not making a $20,000 mistake is worth 50 hours of my time.

If you travel off season and use mostly Wyndham managed units with your membership, book within the upgrade/discount window the majority of the time, PIC plus makes financial sense over 15-20 years.

This forum is meant to educate. This thread was made from someone who clearly was new with the system. That only describes people who are rich/retired/work remote/don't have kids, which is the minority of people.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
You can use up to 3 years during one year if you want. You would have to, for example, deposit 2020 use points into 2022. Then in 2021 deposit use into 2020 then up to 10 months before reservation you want to make in 2022, you would have 2020, 2021, and 2022 points to use. You have to decide everything in advance you would not be able to deposit 2020 into 2021 and then in 2021 decide to deposit both the (moved forward) 2020 points AND 2021 points into 2022.
Great detail, but just in case someone is following - shouldn't the 3rd sentence say 'Then in 2021 deposit use into 2022' (not 2020).

The points you are allowed to deposit (forward) is the amount of points you own. Thus if you own 500K, you are allowed to deposit 500K a year (into the next year or 2nd future year). There isn't a bucket of deposited points, you are simply allowed to deposit forward your allotted number of points each year. Thus in the example above, if I owned 500K points and in 2020 and 2021, I deposit them into 2022, for 2022, I would have 1.5M points. I can use all of them for 2022 reservations, if I don't I am allowed to deposit a total of up to 500K of them into 2023 and/2024.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't think it's a waste of time if you are doing it to see if you want to make a purchase. I personally sometimes spend more time in a week playing video games. I was strongly considering VIP Gold. I found another way that was $20,000 cheaper to get a similar effect. So yes, not making a $20,000 mistake is worth 50 hours of my time.

If you travel off season and use mostly Wyndham managed units with your membership, book within the upgrade/discount window the majority of the time, PIC plus makes financial sense over 15-20 years.

This forum is meant to educate. This thread was made from someone who clearly was new with the system. That only describes people who are rich/retired/work remote/don't have kids, which is the minority of people.

I guess what bothered me in your post was the statement “NOT WORTH IT”. I took that as saying anyone who paid developer prices to get to VIP made a bad decision. That is an opinion I read a lot on this forum. Everyone is free to express their opinion. I have a different opinion based on my financial situation and travel experiences. Getting to VIP was worth it for me and my family. Others have shown how the VIP discounts and upgrades can be worth the initial cost. Obviously, it isn’t “worth it” to everyone, but it is to some of us.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
If we're parsing that closely, the "NOT WORTH IT" was stated specifically in regard to purchasing to silver or gold directly from Wyndham at their prices without using PIC. Although there are surely many here who purchased up in that way (often in the past when point prices were much lower, and typically before finding this forum), I don't think there's anyone here right now that would recommend to a new buyer purchasing up to silver or gold directly from Wyndham at Wyndham's prices without using PIC, at least purely from an breaking-even-in-your-lifetime standpoint. No one's judging your past choices.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score

Many PIC weeks trade in RCI & II so you can accomplish both with one purchase & without owning WorldMark also.
From what I’ve read on WorldMark is that their MFs are generally going up faster than ours on Wyndham side.
If you think you’re going to get cheaper stays at shared resorts with WorldMark that’s probably coming to an end.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
PIC plus to gold is the only sensible purchase at the moment if you travel off season and want to stay at the same resorts. You might even be able to PIC to advantage (300,000) by only having to buy 49,000 developer points. I might still consider that because it says they get "friends and family" instead of extra guest certificates and still get 15% off and are the last to receive an upgrade. The way it currently stands, if you want access to all timeshare systems (II and RCI) and both Wyndham systems (Club and WorldMark), you are better off buying resale for both systems.

My savings with resale Worldmark are when I visit my family during Christmas if I end up not moving back to Tampa because I can rent a 3 BR Deluxe at Reunion for $1200 instead of $1500. They don't have seasons on their chart. Christmas is just as expensive as September. That's a 20% 'discount'. Also, there are a few Marriotts and Hyatts that I have always wanted to go to but can't unless I have an II account. My savings will be when it only costs me $900 to stay in a 2 bedroom at Lakeshore Reserve in Orlando when it costs the owner $1900 in MF. If you like strictly Wyndham units and are the type of person who likes to go to the same resorts all the time (some people are like that), VIP makes sense. You just have to really think about these things before making your purchase. If you make over $200,000 a year and can drop that kind of money without thought, then by all means do it, but I'm pretty sure most of us on this forum are in the middle class.

Note: Worldmark MF are increasing because the room quality has been increasing

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Again, if your only consideration is financial, you are probably right in most cases. However, I never made anywhere close to $200,000 a year in my life. But, I have made financial decisions that allowed me to pay off my mortgage early and retire at age 58. Both of my cars are paid for. I have no debt. And, I paid developer prices to get VIP. I, actually my wife and I, made the decision that it was the right thing to do for our family. You should be able to tell from the brief bio above that we do not make frivolous financial decisions. We made a different decision than you. It doesn’t mean we were wrong or not “sensible”. As in most things in life, one size doesn’t fit all when purchasing a timeshare. I’m just trying to get you to realize that and stop making absolute statements that don’t consider the different life situations and priorities that people have. Your decision is right for you. That should be enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
I was never even attacking you in the first place? I made a conditional statement, not an absolute one. You overpaid and that's not that big of a deal. I wasn't saying you were stupid. I bought a 2012 Ford Focus that is literally worthless now because it had a faulty transmission design. It has only 90,000 miles on it and it's more than likely going to be completely dead by 100,000 miles because I trusted the Ford brand. From that experience, I'm literally never buying a new car again because you never know when a car has a design flaw and you can't know until the model is at least 2 years old.

I'm 30. My generation grew up with having access to any knowledge that we want. Wyndham preys on older people more than they do younger people. When I went to an owner update with my husband once, we told them that he is a Network Engineer and I'm a Chemistry teacher and we were STILL out the door in under 30 minutes because they knew they couldn't sell to us. I've never taken longer than 45 minutes. You are arguing with a different generation of thinking. My husband makes more than twice as much as I do and his job is mostly knowing how to use Google to fix networking/server issues. Every update I go to they target the older people more because they aren't as tech savvy.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’m arguing with someone that isn’t listening because she is so sure she knows more than everyone else because she is young and knows how to use Google. Guess what. I can too. I retired after a 38 year career in the IT industry.

Oh, and I didn’t buy after being pressured in a presentation. We initiated our purchase on our own. See, you keep making all these assumptions about others that have no basis in fact.

JudiZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see by looking at the Wyndham brochure that using this feature requires a fee of $39.99 and that it can only be used to for standard and express bookings.
On the Wyndham 10 part series I also see that Any member who has not purchased ½ million or more points from the developer, cannot place points into the Points Credit Pool after the start date of their Use Year.

1. Buying resale, does that mean I can deposit next years points before the start of my use year, or as a resale buyer can I not use this feature at all?

2. IF I can use it, is there a maximum point amount I can deposit, or a maximum amount of years I can deposit?

Hi VAlegacy,

Even though the sticky on Wyndham is outdated, I found it to be a treasure trove of information. I, too, asked questions about things that we no longer available, but it also allowed me to ask the right questions. Since this thread got a bit off topic, I wanted to encourage you to keep asking the questions. Sometimes, threads take a turn but don't be discouraged about asking questions. There are many, many knowledgeable people here who will help you both through threads and PMs (private messages).

Because of the help I received here, I bought Wyndham resale and have been very happy with that purchase and what I have been able to do with my points. If you do decide to pursue Wyndham, this is the place to ask for advice and/or support. If you decide to buy a different system or resort, TUG boards are absolutely the best source of information I have found.

Good luck!

Best,
Judi

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi VAlegacy,

Even though the sticky on Wyndham is outdated, I found it to be a treasure trove of information. I, too, asked questions about things that we no longer available, but it also allowed me to ask the right questions. Since this thread got a bit off topic, I wanted to encourage you to keep asking the questions. Sometimes, threads take a turn but don't be discouraged about asking questions. There are many, many knowledgeable people here who will help you both through threads and PMs (private messages).

Because of the help I received here, I bought Wyndham resale and have been very happy with that purchase and what I have been able to do with my points. If you do decide to pursue Wyndham, this is the place to ask for advice and/or support. If you decide to buy a different system or resort, TUG boards are absolutely the best source of information I have found.

Good luck!

Best,
Judi

I apologize for the part I played in getting off topic. I’ll stop on that particular thread now. And, Judi is correct in everything else she says. There are very knowledgeable people here who love to help others understand timesharing. Good luck.