• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Premier Vacation Ownership

jnkmorris

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- Animal Kingdom Villa and Villas Grand Californian
We just came back from a Vegas vacation. While there we attended a Wyndham Vacation Ownership presentation. They discussed the Premier program, which is credits for us to use at locations through Wyndham and Wordmark and RCI. The catch was the only way we could get it was at the presentation. We said no, mainly due to them not allowing us to go home and think about it. We liked the program but not the pushy sales.

We have been owners of DVC for 12 years now and have two contracts. We love DVC. It works well for our family and we are interested in adding another timeshare program to our vacation portfolio.

Is it possible to purchase Wyndham Premier through resale? Any thoughts on this program vs owning at a specific resort?

Crafty71

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Smugglers Notch Resort (Wyndham); DVC Old Key West
Hello,

I also own Wyndham and DVC...

We have owned DVC since 1993 and we owned fixed, deeded weeks at Smugglers Notch Resort since the early 80s.

Because we were familiar with the flexibility of DVC points, and considering that we still love Smuggs, but the weeks we owned were not as convenient, we took the plunge and converted to Wyndham points several years ago. I do not regret the decision to convert...but if I was starting fresh, how would I do it...?

I would certainly NOT buy developer points...only resale. Unlike DVC points which manage to maintain their value (partly because of the product, supply/demand and the fact that Disney uses the ROFR regularly), Wyndham points do not. You either purchase for a very, very low price or depending on what you are looking for, someone may offer to give you their contract (that has happened to me a few times...).

The reason you do not want to buy developer points is that the "benefits" that Wyndham says comes with developer points are not contractually guaranteed (like DVC) and so they can modify/remove them at any time (like Wyndham and DVC have both done in recent years). In the Wyndham system, points are points are points at the ten (10) month window (like DVC points at seven (7) months). Also like DVC, you do have a certain "home resort advantage" (called ARP - Advanced Reservation Priority) from thirteen (13) months to ten (10) months). Depending on where you want to go (and when), that could be an important consideration (and might cost you a few extra bucks, but we are talking hundreds, not thousands like developer points).

However, be careful, because just about every Wyndham resort still has people that own fixed, deeded weeks as opposed to points (and they are also trying to give them away). You don't really want to be picking up a cheap contract only to discover it is a fixed, deeded week as opposed to points.

I would suggest going over to the "Wyndham" specific section of TUG and see what the regulars think of the sales reps (weasels), the website for booking/upgrading (has been awful since the new version was rolled out 2+ years ago), etc.

I would also suggest looking closely at a Wyndham map. If you purchase resale, you do not have access to WorldMark and there are certain resorts that are "affiliate" which essentially means they NEVER have availability...so it is not as rosy as you may have been led to believe (but there are still a good many resorts available). If you travel mostly West Coast, WorldMark may be better option, if you travel mostly eastern US, Wyndham might fit the bill...

I will let others chime in with their advice, but PM me if you have other specific questions.

Cheers!

Last edited:

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
We just came back from a Vegas vacation. While there we attended a Wyndham Vacation Ownership presentation. They discussed the Premier program, which is credits for us to use at locations through Wyndham and Wordmark and RCI. The catch was the only way we could get it was at the presentation. We said no, mainly due to them not allowing us to go home and think about it. We liked the program but not the pushy sales.

We have been owners of DVC for 12 years now and have two contracts. We love DVC. It works well for our family and we are interested in adding another timeshare program to our vacation portfolio.

Is it possible to purchase Wyndham Premier through resale? Any thoughts on this program vs owning at a specific resort?

Did you purchase Wyndham or Worldmark? Your use of the terms Premier and credits makes me think it is Worldmark. They are 2 completely different systems with their own pluses and minuses. Rescind in either case and buy resale. But first do plenty of research to make sure you understand exactly what you are buying.

If WM is what you want, ask questions at wmowners.com/forum. If Wyndham, then the Wyndham forum here is your best bet.

Sue