• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bonvoy lifetime/ credit cards

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
All titled the same in both our names, yes. I just checked our two different owners.marriottvacationclub.com accounts, the original in his name and the one that was established in my name back when our Weeks were enrolled in the DC. Both accounts have his Bonvoy membership number in them. I know I have one, got it when we bought the timeshares, but can't get my hands on it this minute. In the meantime, other than if we switch to a new Chase Marriott VISA with me as primary to accumulate Elite Nights and work toward a probably-not-achievable Lifetime in my name, is there a need for us to do that? Or if he should go before me, will my plan to keep Titanium from the timeshares and inherit his accumulated Bonvoy Points work?
I'm Lifetime Titanium so we changed our MVC account to Kim's # so she's get Titanium as well. She doesn't travel often without me but sometimes does with my daughter. My longer term plan is to split our MVC membership into 2 in preparation for legacy options and if so, I'll change one to my daughter's # so she gets Titanium (or whatever it ? is at the time) also.
As I recall, the once per year opportunity to change the Marriott Bonvoy account linked with your MVC ownership is early in the New Year.
I didn’t wait for an email though, I just asked Owner Services to help make the change

IF THERE ARE MULTIPLE OWNERS OR MEMBERS ON AN ACCOUNT, WHO WILL RECEIVE THE MARRIOTT REWARDS STATUS UPGRADE?

The primary Owner or Member listed on the account will receive the account upgrade. This can be reassigned during the annual account review process.
https://www.marriottvacationclub.com/owners/ilg-acquisition/
They usually quote Feb for the change but last year they changed it mid January when we changed over to Kim's #.

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points
I've been a Lifetime Platinum Marriotts Reward member for years because of my extensive history of travel. Recently I received the Lifetime Titanium card. The most interesting thing is that it is seriously hefty in weight. It feels like heavy metal!

Agreed. No idea what it is made of, but it makes a lovely 'Tink' sound when you set it down on a check-in counter. I recently handed it to a front desk clerk while checking-in on a points stay. When I asked if our upgrade had come through, she said 'No'. We went back to our car to bring in our things and as we walked past the front desk, the night manager stopped us to give us a new set of room keys and told us we had been upgraded to a 1BR. Couldn't tell you the last time that happened.

Attachments

• Web 20190902_160315.jpg
    Web 20190902_160315.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 16

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points
I think people are confusing the two cards. I don't even understand why Marriot sends out cards anymore, does anyone even cary them? They want to save money? Stop sending cards and let me keep the little bottles of shampoo.

Since there are no longer little bottles in the minifridge to keep ...?

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is what my membership card looks like. It doesn't weigh anything.

upload_2019-9-3_13-53-44.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-3_13-53-10.png
    upload_2019-9-3_13-53-10.png
    114.8 KB · Views: 14

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is interesting that they would take the time, trouble, and expense of creating cards for a lifetime tier level that is no longer achievable.

Old Hickory

TUG Member
Reaction score
This entire thread is one of the most confusing threads on TUG. Half of the responses pertain to the Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite membership card while the other half are discussing various Chase or Amex Bonvoy credit cards.

Since your post, there are two additional/different discussions on this thread.