• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Waiting for the tow truck

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
That is what happens when you have a Jeep. I am waiting for a tow. By the time the tow truck calls me it will be very dark where my Jeep is located. It will be a long day. It wasn't the Jeeps fault. It was mine for driving it into the abyss. On purpose of course. The Jeep did climb out of the abyss but the front u joint broke in the process and the Jeep has death wooble again. Its going to be a long night.

Bill

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
That is what happens when you have a Jeep. I am waiting for a tow. By the time the tow truck calls me it will be very dark where my Jeep is located. It will be a long day. It wasn't the Jeeps fault. It was mine for driving it into the abyss. On purpose of course. The Jeep did climb out of the abyss but the front u joint broke in the process and the Jeep has death wooble again. Its going to be a long night.

Bill
Sorry, at least you are ok. Hopefully they came sooner the later.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score

Bill
Stay Safe. Stay away from the abyss

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I know. "It's a Jeep thing. You wouldn't understand." A bumper sticker I saw on a
Jeep on a flatbed tow truck.I

Sorry, Bill. I hope tomorrow is better.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
A local dealership built a Jeep track in their back woods for purchasers to test drive. They showed a video online, and it looked liked it should be an IMAX movie. The commercials for Jeep are downright scary. So I get it. Hope you got to bed at a decent hour.

DRIless

Reaction score
I'm not very daring. I just know that I've never not been able to pull anything out of a problem with my sissy Jeep Liberty CRD and a tow strap.
The FedEx truck when they decided that it was OK to turn around in my front yard instead of making multiple turns in the wide, wide driveway.
My contractor and his work trailer when the trailer was bogged down to the axle in my 'back yard.'
Both my riding lawn mowers when I was learning what they were capable of and they ended up at the bottom of ravines.

It's amazing!

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I gave up last night and today managed to get the tow. The driver knows me from his days working as a plumber. Everything went well except the tow insurance company. I must of had the D team yesterday. Today was the A team. The D team left a message that there would be an overage charge of $742.00 for the tow. I called this morning to find out what was happening. I guess nothing so the A team arranged for the tow 100% covered.

Anyway, I need to get some parts and plan to be back on the trail soon.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh, my. DH convinced me that he NEEDED a Jeep. Is this what I have to look forward to?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh, my. DH convinced me that he NEEDED a Jeep. Is this what I have to look forward to?
Maybe. Last Spring we went to Moab, UT and there were hundreds (thousands?) of Jeeps, some fancy luxury SUV types, some 'daily drivers', some highly modified 'trailer queens'. There were dozens of courses set up out through the red rocks, dry coulies, shale slopes- every type of off-road terrain you can imagine, and they were nose-to-tail-end, idling at slower than walking speed up, down, around these courses. Frankly it seemed a little silly to me, but obviously, "It's a Jeep thing." and I just don't understand.

Jim

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Its so much fun and the Jeep fellowship is really something great. Most people do not go where we go but plenty do. We do hard trails connected by forest roads mostly. I usually just watch the rock climbers. My brother in laws Jeep will climb about anything so he can do the funny rocks with out problems.

I like working on the Jeep. Its one of funnest my toys.

Bill

DRIless

Reaction score
I think it was a Toyota SUV that I had the most fun in. A weekend off during the Gulf War, was in Doha Qatar and the ship's liaison officer took me out in the desert straight up the side of giant sand dunes. Just before we lost forward momentum he'd turn it back down the dune, it was like a barnstorming airplane going into a stall at the top of a climb. Wow, he offered me a chance to pilot but my white knuckles were around my seat belt strap.