• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lakeshore Reserve, anyone ever see two-bedroom inventory at Interval International?

WBP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Curious if anyone has ever seen two-bedroom inventory at Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve, in Interval International's coffers? If so, what time of year?

I talked to someone who answers the Marriott phone line at Interval International, who told me that it is rare for Interval International to receive Lakeshore Reserve inventory, and that it is typical for guests to move in and out of Lakeshore Reserve with Destination Club points. I don't doubt the Destination Club points claim, I am left to wonder, though, if Interval International sees any two-bedroom inventory, and what time of year?

Thank you.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you do a search for "Lakeshore" on the Sightings Board, you'll see there have been 2 & 3 bedrooms sightings throughout the year.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes. The only difference between Lakeshore and all the other Orlando Marriott's is the number of units. There are less than 100. After you take away the ones that get locked off you only have a handful that even exist. That being said some of those remaining 2BR and 3BR units definitely make it to II. Marriott themselves makes deposits into Interval all the time. But because of the limited number that exist they go in and get taken fairly quick. You won't see them heavily stacked and looking like the same units are available for months like you do at the other properties.

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points
Curious if anyone has ever seen two-bedroom inventory at Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve, in Interval International's coffers? If so, what time of year?

I talked to someone who answers the Marriott phone line at Interval International, who told me that it is rare for Interval International to receive Lakeshore Reserve inventory, and that it is typical for guests to move in and out of Lakeshore Reserve with Destination Club points. I don't doubt the Destination Club points claim, I am left to wonder, though, if Interval International sees any two-bedroom inventory, and what time of year?

Thank you.

They happen. We've obtained an II exchange into a 2BR Deluxe Lakeshore Reserve unit. There is no rhyme or reason. I've never contacted II to establish an On-Going Search (OGS) for one (but you could). I've always just come across them randomly checking their site every few days (because it seems I had nothing better to do)...:D

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
I got a 2BR at Lakeshore in February a couple years back but it was within 60 days out. I did a "Request First" trade and kept my home resort reservation at Grande Vista, requested the exact week and check-in day (since we had already had airfare booked) and then I got the exchange at 60 days out. If I got the exchange, great, and if not, no biggie. We were going to Orlando regardless. I just wanted to try this resort to see how it compared with GV.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I have definitely seen them but they go fast. Put in an ogs to increase your odds. Be aware if the unit you are trading does not have enough trading value you will not match or see it in open inventory.

elked12

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Aruba Surf Club
I got a 2BR at Lakeshore in February a couple years back but it was within 60 days out. I did a "Request First" trade and kept my home resort reservation at Grande Vista, requested the exact week and check-in day (since we had already had airfare booked) and then I got the exchange at 60 days out. If I got the exchange, great, and if not, no biggie. We were going to Orlando regardless. I just wanted to try this resort to see how it compared with GV.
And how did it compare?

Safti

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got 2 two bedroom units a couple of years ago for the second week of Dec. I traded 2 one bedroom units for the trade.

PaulaC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I traded another Marriott studio in Florida for a 2 bedroom at Lakeshore (plus the II upgrade fee) for mid September. I had previously made a reservation with DC points for a smaller unit, but spotted this on Interval and quickly made the trade.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I picked up a 3BR in April for next March 15 check in with a Grande Vista 1BR. There were more than that out there for March and April. Putting in an ongoing search should get a match

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stay at Lakeshore a lot, usually in a 2 or 3 bedroom, always via II. We use getaways for it normally, but do occasionally trade a week if it's a more difficult time to get (2 bedroom July 4th week for example).

We are headed to Lakeshore in a 2 bedroom for the hurricane. We got it on Getaways.

teddyo333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana:
Westin Kierland (x2)
WKORV - OV (x2)
Desert Oasis (x6)
Vistana Villages - Bella
Vistana Villages - Key West
Sheraton Broadway Plantation (2BR Lockout)
Marriott:
Marriott Grande Ocean
We were able to exchange into a Lakeshore Reserve 2 bedroom using a 2 bedroom Sheraton Broadway Plantation. We performed the exchange the last week of Dec 2019 for the First week in Aug. 2019 @ Lakeshore

sparty

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did a quick search using my VSE 2 bed lockout. Didn't make a difference whether I used the entire 2 bed or the single small studio, I could instantly trade for everything from a Lakeshore small studio to a Lakeshore 3 bedroom at many times during the next 12 months. So I would say - Lakeshore is an easy trade.

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
And how did it compare?

The LR unit was more upscale than MGV but seemed smaller. The lazy river zero-entry pool was our favorite. I was surprised at the lousy views some of the units (townhouses?) had - overlooking a vacant parking lot. We were overlooking the pool, which was nice. We didn't go to the hotel next door very much, so that wasn't a 'plus' for us, but it was a nice walk back and forth.

Overall, my DH and kids preferred MGV.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
The LR unit was more upscale than MGV but seemed smaller. The lazy river zero-entry pool was our favorite. I was surprised at the lousy views some of the units (townhouses?) had - overlooking a vacant parking lot. We were overlooking the pool, which was nice. We didn't go to the hotel next door very much, so that wasn't a 'plus' for us, but it was a nice walk back and forth.

Overall, my DH and kids preferred MGV.

We had the sorta parking lot view - up against the bamboo "wall" between the LR property and some parking lot between the JW and LR which had some tour buses and random landscaping stuff stored there. The other end of the property is also an empty parking lot where they didn't finish the resort. The lake view there also isn't really great...much better views next door at JW and RC. The resort itself, however, is great - very high quality and my daughter and I had fun swimming "laps" against the lazy river current.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had the sorta parking lot view - up against the bamboo "wall" between the LR property and some parking lot between the JW and LR which had some tour buses and random landscaping stuff stored there. The other end of the property is also an empty parking lot where they didn't finish the resort. The lake view there also isn't really great...much better views next door at JW and RC. The resort itself, however, is great - very high quality and my daughter and I had fun swimming "laps" against the lazy river current.

That lot on the other side of the bamboo used to be a very uneventful zip line course run by a 3rd party company that went out of business. They eventually took the equipment out and made it a gravel overflow lot.

Eli Mairs

TUG Member
Reaction score
We received an exchange to Lakeshore Reserve in January for this Nov. 8-15, using a Deerhurst Resort week. It wasn’t an exchange request. Showed up on the website. Don’t know which type of two bedroom unit we will get. This is our third exchange there. Previously, we received a three bedroom and two bedroom townhouse. So lovely!

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
We received an exchange to Lakeshore Reserve in January for this Nov. 8-15, using a Deerhurst Resort week. It wasn’t an exchange request. Showed up on the website. Don’t know which type of two bedroom unit we will get. This is our third exchange there. Previously, we received a three bedroom and two bedroom townhouse. So lovely!

You can see what type you will get by going to 'My History" and looking at the unit code on your listed exchange. Lakeshore has more 2BR types than any Marriott timeshare property. There are five.

TOVI - 2BR Dedicated, or flat (Lakeside end, nice views)
THMV - 2BR portion of 3BR Lock-off
TBOF - 2BR Townhome
ZZAB - 2BR Deluxe Lock-off (parking lot ends, segregated layout)
ZZAA - 2BR Standard Lock-off

Only the 2BR Deluxe can be differentiated by looking at just the search results because it privately sleeps 8 (2/8/8). The 2BR standard lock-off can be differentiated after attempting the exchange by seeing two refrigerators. The 2BR dedicated cannot be differentiated from the townhouse until after the exchange is completed because the details are identical. I believe this is also true of the 2BR portion of the 3BR but I am not certain.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You can see what type you will get by going to 'My History" and looking at the unit code on your listed exchange. Lakeshore has more 2BR types than any Marriott timeshare property. There are five.

TBOF - 2BR Townhome

Only the 2BR Deluxe can be differentiated by looking at just the search results because it privately sleeps 8 (2/8/8). The 2BR standard lock-off can be differentiated after attempting the exchange by seeing two refrigerators. The 2BR dedicated cannot be differentiated from the townhouse until after the exchange is completed because the details are identical. I believe this is also true of the 2BR portion of the 3BR but I am not certain.
Not to quibble and certainly Lakeshore has the most diversity of 2 BR, but doesn't Ko Olina also have 5 types not accounting for view and 9 when you separate them by view. Dedicated 2 BR, L/O 2 BR, 2 BR of 3 BR, Dedicated 2 BR Penthouse & L/O 2 BR PH.

Eli Mairs

TUG Member
Reaction score

TBOF - 2BR Townhome

The code when checking my history is HZZAA, so I assume it is a standard lock-off.
Doesn’t the resort have the discretion to assign whatever unit it wishes?

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The code when checking my history is HZZAA, so I assume it is a standard lock-off.
Technically they do but more and more resorts are getting hard line in this area to the point where most won't even consider changing the EXACT option (view, etc) unless they don't have that type available for some reason.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score

Only per the terms of II but Lakeshore never changes the unit type. They have so few units of each type and they have nothing to gain by changing it except more work and heartache.

Ann in CA

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Mountainside, Marriott's Waiohai, Marriott's Canyon Villas, Marriott's Marbella, Shell Vacation Club

Thank you.
We just received a two bedroom at Lakeshore Reserve through II exchange (deposit first request) using 1 bedroom Marbella Beach Club. It was for Nov. 3 or 4th, and we could not keep it as we had just accepted a late October Newport Coast Villas. Will try again sometime as we would like to check it out.

Thinking

Reaction score
Just used my deposited Harbor Pointe 2BR July 4th week for a 2BR Townhome July 4th week thru II.

Looking forward to trying out the resort for the first time.