• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bali Hai closing company?

VAlegacy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Had a private seller accept an offer I made on a Bali Hai 154k annual, and read here on TUG that the recommended closer LT may not be able to process. That turned up being correct, as when I contacted Mary over there she informed me she could not process Hawaii contracts.
I contacted Old Republic (Tiffany) as recommended here and the closing fees appear to be ~$1000.
Does anyone have a recommendation for another Hawaii firm to use (cheaper)? I know it will be up to the seller, but maybe I can convince him to use a different firm, or am I wasting my time? I feel like they may end up going with the Wyndham recommended closer but maybe it's worth a shot.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unless LT Transfer has changed their policy, they will do a Hawaii deed & forward the transfer request with the deed to Wyndham.
They just can’t hold escrow.

Here’s what I would do if you can get the seller to agree:
You send LT Transfer a check for filing the deed & their fee along with Wyndhams $299 transfer fee.
At the same time you send a bank check for the balance of the purchase made out to the seller.
Ounce LT Transfer has the recorded deed back they can release the bank check to the seller.
Someone posted in the past that LT Transfer will hold a check, they just can’t deposit the check in an escrow account.

If the seller is paying all closing costs, I guess it doesn’t make much difference to you, but I would try to save the extra $400-$500 for escrow

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Their website says they do Hawaii

"* California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maine, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Orleans, Washington, Wisconsin are $195, while Pennsylvania, Maryland, Vermont and Rhode Island are $225 plus postage and recording fees"

Whatever you do, do NOT use Universal Resort Transfers, out of Florida. I and another Tugger both had similar bad experiences with Hawaii deeds with that company. I will refuse to do business with an eBay seller who uses them.

VAlegacy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Their website says they do Hawaii

"* California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maine, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Orleans, Washington, Wisconsin are $195, while Pennsylvania, Maryland, Vermont and Rhode Island are $225 plus postage and recording fees"

Whatever you do, do NOT use Universal Resort Transfers, out of Florida. I and another Tugger both had similar bad experiences with Hawaii deeds with that company. I will refuse to do business with an eBay seller who uses them.

Thanks Richelle,
After talking to them, they can do Hawaii, they just can't hold escrow funds. So no funds can be exchanged between parties through them. Basically a $0 sale price.
They also informed me they no longer hold a check from buyer to release to seller once transaction is complete. I was told they used to call this a 'soft escrow'.
It seems that wasn't in the spirit of the law.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Thanks Richelle,
After talking to them, they can do Hawaii, they just can't hold escrow funds. So no funds can be exchanged between parties through them. Basically a $0 sale price.
They also informed me they no longer hold a check from buyer to release to seller once transaction is complete. I was told they used to call this a 'soft escrow'.
It seems that wasn't in the spirit of the law.

I wonder if you could use a Hawaiian escrow company, or maybe the seller would agree to half upfront and the other half when the transfer completed. Maybe you can sweeten the pot by offering to cover 3 months of maintenance fees with the second half of the payment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think that there was a company listed in one of my posts maybe in Hawaiian timeshares? I just don't think that it is cost effective. That being said, once I had funds put in escrow. It was a Hawaii deed and they did not put the funds in Hawaii. I could find no way to "turn them in" so to speak. They did refund my money and I was glad to be done, but they actually caused so much more damage. Now I have to have an attorney clean up it.

Other than that, I had no escrow account. I have an escrow account on something that I gave away (to cover MF if the points transfer in time) but other than that, I don't see a need for escrow.

The Hawaii thing is definitely a problem though. I have a 231k odd Bali Hai that I will probably just end up giving away just so I can have LT do the work for me. Ridiculous!