• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

So, where's everyone going next year?

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
[QUOTE="missyrcrews, post: 2234874, member: 77491"ous about Hershey...we could care less about Hershey Park, but that area of PA is worth exploring. You'll have to report back!

Haven't been there is many years, but have been there a few times. It is near Amish country and I LOVE the Amish Country- Intercourse, Bird in Hand, etc. All the crafts and the homemade foods! The beautiful landscape and farms. The people!

In Hershey there is a small zoo (ZooAmerica), the Gardens (with a butterfly atrium) and the AACA museum, and Founders Hall (Milton Hershey School). Tanger Outlets are there also- like they have in North Conway, NH. And , of course, the amusement park and Chocolate World. There is also a place called Adventure Sports that has things like mini golf, arcades, driving range, go carts, outdoor laser tag, ice cream parlor, picnic area, etc.

There are lots of things to do and see and plenty of restaurants.

Definitely a nice family spot for everyone.[/QUOTE]

Lancaster, PA, is the furtherest North that we have lived. And that was brief. Loved it! The markets, the auctions, the food and yes, watching the Amish and old order Mennonites! We loved exploring this area. Not as fond of Hershey but if I save my Bluegreen points for two years we can get a two bedroom (all that they have I think) at their Hershey Suites. I think I'd rather just stay in a rental than use two years worth of points!

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Jan...Feb - Phoenix
February - Caribbean Cruise
June - Yellowstone+Glacier NP
July - Outer Banks
August - Marco Island
October - Gatlinburg
2020 - Germany-Austria-Switzerland.

Last edited:

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Glynda and Marianne for the ideas on Hershey. I haven't look into it much...I need to deal with Disney and Bonita first! We went 9 years ago when I turned 40 - Bon Jovi was in concert and I got some LM 5th row seats so off we went for a few days. We didn't do much but the concert and a trolly tour of the area. I'm really looking forward to it.

DD also just informed me that the one and only American Girl doll outlet store is in Hershey......ugh, I like to vacation in a cost effective manner. Other than the word Outlet, that doesn't seem to fit my plan! Ha Ha Ha

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Thanks Glynda and Marianne for the ideas on Hershey. I haven't look into it much...I need to deal with Disney and Bonita first! We went 9 years ago when I turned 40 - Bon Jovi was in concert and I got some LM 5th row seats so off we went for a few days. We didn't do much but the concert and a trolly tour of the area. I'm really looking forward to it.

DD also just informed me that the one and only American Girl doll outlet store is in Hershey......ugh, I like to vacation in a cost effective manner. Other than the word Outlet, that doesn't seem to fit my plan! Ha Ha Ha

LOL! Oh- yes! I forgot about the American Girl Doll store! Ha! ha!

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
We're going to Galveston and Orlando.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
FYI, those of us on Tapatalk don’t see signatures...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
FYI, those of us on Tapatalk don’t see signatures...

Didn't know that. Actually don't even know what Tapatalk is! lol

Next up
2019:
Feb/Mar - Westin Mission Hills (5 nts)
Mar/Apr - Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas North & Westin Nanea Ocean Villas (19 nts)
July - Westin Riverfront Mountain Villas (7 nts)
Sep - Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas North (14 nts)

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort

That's why we see eye-to-eye so much of the time....we're the same age. Fine wine, I say. :)

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wasn't going to reply to this, as I wouldn't wish to bore anyone with our travel plans for 2019, but after discussing it with one of my personal assistants, he suggested it could be "jolly good fun". So I decided to put this together & share with my TUG friends.

To kick things off, we're going back to Grand Resort Lagonissi in Athens. It's a relaxed place, and just what we'll need to shed off a bit of jet lag. We plan to chill here for a few weeks before continuing on.

Yh6HnSD.jpg

Next on tap is a cruise around the Mediterranean and Aegean seas on our yacht. The nice thing about this is that our captain is very accommodating, and we can choose to cruise as long as we wish, so we really have no timeline on this cruise. She's a nice steady boat, and affords decent accommodations. The staff our captain hand selected is terrific.

qbWHhjM.jpg

Our thought is, we'll be ready for some fun on good 'ole terra firma, so next up will be a flight over to Sardinia to check in at Hotel Cala di Volpe. This is where our new private jet will come in handy, since passenger flights into Sardinia can be a bit troublesome. Oh, we upgraded our jet since we wanted something a bit newer and faster than our old Lear. Here's a shot of our new girl:

hGfZCbA.png

She cruises significantly faster than our Lear, so we should arrive rested to check in at Hotel Cala di Volpe. It'll be nice to return here as one our favorites to sample the local cuisine.

4OFBSAo.jpg

Ah, but time marches on, and before we know it, it will be time to move on again and back to Necker Island. Of course, we had to again reserve and rent the entire island, but this will give us some time to recover and have a bit of privacy before we fly in some close friends. I really like this place - not pretentious, and nice & quiet. The staff is just great!!

HBt3J8j.png

qISN4kz.jpg

Time to move on to Constance Moofushi in the Maldives. Simple, but we find it relaxing whenever we come here.

CKo0jkM.png

But, like everyone else, we get homesick after a few months away, so when we decide it's time, it's back to home sweet home!!

8cy4w6b.jpg

Btw, Sturgis was right! This was "jolly good fun" putting this together to share!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I wasn't going to reply to this, as I wouldn't wish to bore anyone with our travel plans for 2019, but after discussing it with one of my personal assistants, he suggested it could be "jolly good fun". So I decided to put this together & share with my TUG friends.

To kick things off, we're going back to Grand Resort Lagonissi in Athens. It's a relaxed place, and just what we'll need to shed off a bit of jet lag. We plan to chill here for a few weeks before continuing on.

Yh6HnSD.jpg

Next on tap is a cruise around the Mediterranean and Aegean seas on our yacht. The nice thing about this is that our captain is very accommodating, and we can choose to cruise as long as we wish, so we really have no timeline on this cruise. She's a nice steady boat, and affords decent accommodations. The staff our captain hand selected is terrific.

qbWHhjM.jpg

Our thought is, we'll be ready for some fun on good 'ole terra firma, so next up will be a flight over to Sardinia to check in at Hotel Cala di Volpe. This is where our new private jet will come in handy, since passenger flights into Sardinia can be a bit troublesome. Oh, we upgraded our jet since we wanted something a bit newer and faster than our old Lear. Here's a shot of our new girl:

hGfZCbA.png

She cruises significantly faster than our Lear, so we should arrive rested to check in at Hotel Cala di Volpe. It'll be nice to return here as one our favorites to sample the local cuisine.

4OFBSAo.jpg

Ah, but time marches on, and before we know it, it will be time to move on again and back to Necker Island. Of course, we had to again reserve and rent the entire island, but this will give us some time to recover and have a bit of privacy before we fly in some close friends. I really like this place - not pretentious, and nice & quiet. The staff is just great!!

HBt3J8j.png

qISN4kz.jpg

Time to move on to Constance Moofushi in the Maldives. Simple, but we find it relaxing whenever we come here.

CKo0jkM.png

But, like everyone else, we get homesick after a few months away, so when we decide it's time, it's back to home sweet home!!

8cy4w6b.jpg

Btw, Sturgis was right! This was "jolly good fun" putting this together to share!

Does Sturgis get to go on your adventures?

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does Sturgis get to go on your adventures?

I'm afraid not. His responsibilities of feeding and caring for our livestock keeps him quite busy. You know how those patagonian mara and Nilgiri tar can get!

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
@Phydeaux Love it! Are you going to AirBnB your "castle" while you are traveling? LoL

Ha! Funny you would ask! We did that a few years ago when we invited our staff to join us on Necker Island. The response from our ad was so overwhelming, we decided never to do that again! Live & learn!

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
FWIW, I’ve heard from a good friend that Necker is actually a wonderful place to visit.

Reaction score
I decide to go to Dubai for the second time. I love to travel in such an international city like Dubai.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are only doing a Southern Caribbean Cruise on a mass market cruise line.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
2019 or 2020?

It's wonderful so many are able to travel so many times to many places in one year :) - Enjoy making those wonderful memories!

Disney Wedding planning for daughter in May 2019

Disney wedding coming up in November 2019

Hershey/Dutch Wonderland for December 2019

Even though hubby and I are both retired (I just retired three months ago), we enjoy babysitting our 4 grandchildren but do take our quick getaways and vacations when we can.

So far,

We have Disney booked for end of March 2020

We have a land tour/Alaska cruise for June 2020

Will be booking Disney F & W for October

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Bonnet Creek
HI Big Island
San Francisco
LA
Williamsburg
South Bend

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
So far, just to Cape Cod for two weeks. May tag on another week to visit the upper Hudson Valley in NY and/or some time exploring more around Mystic, CT. Hope to go to Italy perhaps next summer but it's getting harder to travel with my mother or to find someone to stay with her, so we aren't planning anything big.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So far, just to Cape Cod for two weeks. May tag on another week to visit the upper Hudson Valley in NY and/or some time exploring more around Mystic, CT. Hope to go to Italy perhaps next summer but it's getting harder to travel with my mother or to find someone to stay with her, so we aren't planning anything big.
You are online. I have been thinking of you. I hope you and your family are safe.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
2019 is almost over.