• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

When Costco Sampling goes too far

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I don't think this is from Costco, but it could be anywhere that does product sampling in the aisles. No explanation needed. :p

Dave

IMG_1161.JPG

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
So funny. :)

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I really hate it when Costco puts the dessert samples before the main course. Y'know, it should be the appetisers- chips n' dip, then the salad course with the cole slaw and dressing, maybe some bread and peanut butter or sausage or pizza or taqitos for a main course, Chocolate milk or Go-Gurt, then cheese and some nuts to finish it all off.
They should be able to give out samples of wine or beer, but our state borders Utah, so that won't happen. Well, I can wish. . . .

Jim

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well there is a trashcan right there. I say go for it. :ponder:

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
$89.95 for a roll of TP????

Cheers

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
$89.95 for a roll of TP????

Cheers

I wonder if it's some special kind? Trying to read the (bad) signage, it looks like one of the words is "Allergies." So maybe it's some set of medical TP? Either way, it's a great image. The intense look on the face of the woman is priceless. And then there are the gloves and the shower cap thing she's wearing... :)

Dave

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
--Deleted--

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I don’t know. If you look at the labels in the background, it looks like it might be outside the USA. 89.95 Mexican pesos is about $4.50 US. So it may not be faked.

But the point is that it’s funny. :)

Dave

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder if it's some special kind? Trying to read the (bad) signage, it looks like one of the words is "Allergies." So maybe it's some set of medical TP? Either way, it's a great image. The intense look on the face of the woman is priceless. And then there are the gloves and the shower cap thing she's wearing... :)

Dave
I thought I could sort of read an item number on the sign 274169 but that didn't pull any hits at Costco.com. It is a fun, tongue-in-cheek glimpse into Costco 'culture'. :)

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I thought I could sort of read an item number on the sign 274169 but that didn't pull any hits at Costco.com. It is a fun, tongue-in-cheek glimpse into Costco 'culture'. :)

Agreed. The name tags are the wrong color and pattern for Costco. Blue and white is more of a WalMart thing. Anybody know the color of badges Sam’s Club uses?

Dave

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Beer samples at a Costco cousin results in filling a 10th of a plastic shot glass. Very poor pour.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I feel this photo is not at a Costco store. Look at the brand of the tp and look closely at the person name tag. This photo was not taken at a Costco store.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
I don’t know. If you look at the labels in the background, it looks like it might be outside the USA. 89.95 Mexican pesos is about $4.50 US. So it may not be faked.

But the point is that it’s funny. :)

Dave
thank you. was lol-ing that even most USA folk on tug, who travel I hope outside USA, were focused on USA currency and store.

Sent from my SM-J327W using Tapatalk

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
I really hate it when Costco puts the dessert samples before the main course. Y'know, it should be the appetisers- chips n' dip, then the salad course with the cole slaw and dressing, maybe some bread and peanut butter or sausage or pizza or taqitos for a main course, Chocolate milk or Go-Gurt, then cheese and some nuts to finish it all off.
They should be able to give out samples of wine or beer, but our state borders Utah, so that won't happen. Well, I can wish. . . .

Jim
We border Utah and we get Alcohol samples :) Very common here - even at Walmart! And, coupons for alcohol - definitely not legal everywhere!