• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The easiest ways to legally follow the NFL this season without cable

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like we will keep with our plan in Florida, go to Beef O’Bradys to watch Bears or packers

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Typical misleading (FN) Headline:

Article summarized:

There is no easy way to follow the NFL without traditional cable (or satellite), and it won't be much cheaper unless that's all you watch.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I can watch the Packers on Thursday with Amazon Prime. I just have to get used to the times now that I’m in Hawaii. 3:20pm for the today. For some games I’ll have to be ready to watch at 7am. :)

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I used to watch a lot of NFL games. Now I am down to one (two at the most) a week. Too many commercials, too many video reviews and too many times officials getting together to talk things over. I'm probably in the minority here but except for playoff games I'd rather see missed calls than all the delays...

George

Brett

Reaction score
Typical misleading (FN) Headline:

Article summarized:

There is no easy way to follow the NFL without traditional cable (or satellite), and it won't be much cheaper unless that's all you watch.

true, with some cable providers you can watch other sports, e.g. basketball on the NCAA websites
and then there is always wiziwig http://wiziwig.to/

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
I can watch the Packers on Thursday with Amazon Prime. I just have to get used to the times now that I’m in Hawaii. 3:20pm for the today. For some games I’ll have to be ready to watch at 7am. :)
Aren't you 3 hours behind the West Coast? Better tune in at 2:20 or you'll miss 1/3 of the game.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Aren't you 3 hours behind the West Coast? Better tune in at 2:20 or you'll miss 1/3 of the game.

Yep, you’re right. I looked at an ad that said 8pm but it was eastern and I thought central. :D

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
We cut the cable nearly 5 years ago. We do not watch NFL football, but do have a digital antenna that we could watch a NFL game on if we wanted to. We have SlingTV that we could probably pay $5 per month to see these games - it seems that is the cost to add a selection. The only time that I pay extra for sports is to watch ESPN+ for pre-season Kansas basketball and that is for 2 months - then I cancel. :)

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
.....but do have a digital antenna that we could watch a NFL game on if we wanted to. .....

The only time that I pay extra for sports is to watch ESPN+ for pre-season Kansas basketball and that is for 2 months - then I cancel. :)

If the Arizona Cardinals were an English Football (Soccer) team - they would have been permanently relegated to the 2nd division for lousy records (in all 3 of their “homes”)
{Chicago-St Louis- Arizona} a team with over 100 years of mediocrity .

Now - KU Basketball - that is different story / worth paying extra .

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Now - KU Basketball - that is different story / worth paying extra .

Absolutely! :) When we moved from Kansas to Arizona, I was glad that most of the KU games were on ESPN. Just the early/pre-season games are not, so I pay extra to see the first few games with the local Division 1 & 2 teams. :)

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
On second thoughts I’ll skip the Bears, what a lousy game

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just subscribe to the NFL's You Tube channel and watch the fast-track highlights (goes through each game in about 11 minutes).