• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WKOVRN remodel

maui-or-bust

Reaction score
Here at the resort, any they have started a hard remodel starting with building 5. Everthing is being replaced, gut job. Complete new kitchen with rewireing, along with new cabinets, granite, new oven. Emailed GM Ryan for time schedule and an opportunity to take some photos. Security said that building 5 won't be done until March.

LJT

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do we know anything about the new plan? Never liked the configuration of WKORN compared to south.

Moparman42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas x2
I'll be there in November and January, I hope this doesn't affect my plans to do as little as possible for a few days.. but I noticed that there is NOTHING available in January, and that could explain it, as less rooms to rent. Which means it shouldn't be quote as busy, so there's a bonus! Always look on the bright side of life. *whistling*

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Does the current configuration include ovens? If it doesn't, I would be surprised to see them able to add it now. Usually has more to do with ventilation and fire prevention vs simple 220v wiring.

maui-or-bust

Reaction score
Does the current configuration include ovens? If it doesn't, I would be surprised to see them able to add it now. Usually has more to do with ventilation and fire prevention vs simple 220v wiring.
The current configuration does not included a oven. Im very friendly with security person here, as most have been here for 13 years. They had a briefing a few days ago about the room remodeling and aprox time I would take. Mike said they were going to start the south in 2021. Mike also said the walls in the kitchen are coming out for the oven. Im here for another 2 weeks, so I'm hoping to see a almost completed room and gets some photos to post .

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

I believe it was reported in another thread not too many months ago that they were going to add them to WKORV-N.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I believe it was reported in another thread not too many months ago that they were going to add them to WKORV-N.

I suspect it will be a more expensive remodel than normal. Not just the added cost of the ovens, but the additional ventilation and fire suppression. Though I would think a cook top is a bigger fire hazard than an oven. I never understood why a purpose built timeshare property wouldn't include ovens in the units. I can understand it for a hotel conversion, but for units that were built for timeshare, not including an oven doesn't make sense.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I suspect it will be a more expensive remodel than normal. Not just the added cost of the ovens, but the additional ventilation and fire suppression. Though I would think a cook top is a bigger fire hazard than an oven. I never understood why a purpose built timeshare property wouldn't include ovens in the units. I can understand it for a hotel conversion, but for units that were built for timeshare, not including an oven doesn't make sense.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the buildings were actually built with this in mind.

jnsywg

Reaction score
I was told in January that ovens were going in. I believe they are putting in ranges like in the south and that they will sit directly below the current microwave location.

If you chat with Ryan he can give you the almost 10 year plan for WKORV, WKORV-N and Nanea. Essentially they will always be renovating one of each resort for the next many years to come.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I will be there beginning Wednesday for two weeks. I will try to get as much detail as possible to post.

Reactions: LJT

maui-or-bust

Reaction score
Spoke with Ryan after 9/11 ceremony.
Bulding 5 to be completed by end of year and 6 and 7 to be finished by end of 2020.
South side starts 2021 and finished by end of year. They are remodeling 30 units at a time.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
iirc, the last remodel of North was done one floor at a time (i.e. six phases to do each building; one for each floor) in order to minimize the disruption.

"30 units at a time" implies counting the one bedroom and studio units separately; that would get to about 30 units/floor.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
It looked to me that they were doing the 3 top floors of Buidling 5 when I was there last week. They had appliance boxes and such out on the lanais.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Thanks for the update: Are they installing ovens? If so, are they ranges? Dedicated? or Convection/Microwave combos?

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't see what they were doing to the units. I could just tell which floors had cardboard out on the lanais.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I checked in this afternoon. I was told they were currently remodeling all of Building 5 with the exception of the 1st floor. Ovens (ranges) will be placed in the 1-bedroom Premium Villas. All new furniture and appliances. Ovens will not be placed in the Studio Premium Villas.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
It looked to me that they were doing the 3 top floors of Buidling 5 when I was there last week. They had appliance boxes and such out on the lanais.

Looking this morning, it appears they are putting the final touches on Floor 6 and are actively working on Floors 3, 4 and 5.

maui-or-bust

Reaction score
Looks like kitcken cabinets and Granite counters are the same. The bathrooms are still intact.

Attachments

• 20190912_110216.jpg
    20190912_110216.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 113
  • 20190912_110230.jpg
    20190912_110230.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 122

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Isn't the fridge new? I thought they had black before.

I also see a real oven that's not one of those combo micro/convection thingys! :)

Glad to see our WKORVN maint fees going toward real renovations that we can benefit from and not corporate overhead.

Last edited:

maui-or-bust

Reaction score
Isn't the fridge new? I thought they had black before.

I also see a real oven that's not one of those combo micro/convection thingys! :)

Glad to see our WKORVN maint fees going toward real renovations that we can benefit from and not corporate overhead.
Looks like a brushed metallic finish.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
They used to have some drawers where they stored the pots and pans where the oven is now. It will be interesting to see where they put all the stuff that was in those drawers.