• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hurricane Dorian Warnings OBX, North Carolina

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone headed to the OBX please called the resort or hotel before you travel to this area.
A lot of towns are flooded, trees & limbs are down in the road ways, the ocean is still surging. Plus there are flash flood warning for the area and it is still raining with heavy winds blowing and finally the is no electricity in many areas in this area of the Carolinas

Last edited:

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Anyone headed to the OBX please called the resort or hotel before you travel to this area.
A lot of towns are flooded, trees & limbs are down in the road ways, the ocean is still surging. Plus there are flash flood warning for the area and it is still raining with heavy winds blowing and finally the is no electricity in many areas in this area of the Carolinas
Stay safe!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
hard to imagine this time last week it would be impacting sc/nc/va like this....i hope everyone in those areas is effected as little as possible!

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sept 6, 2019 - Friday Morning

Hurricane Dorian's eye makes U.S. landfall at
Cape Hatteras on North Carolina's Outer Banks

Hurricane Dorian made landfall over Cape Hatteras, North Carolina, as a Category 1 storm with 90 mph winds and torrential rain. Authorities are concerned about hundreds of people who chose not to evacuate and may be trapped on Ocracoke Island.

As Hurricane Dorian moves north,
Carolinas to see more possible flooding.

Hopefully, the new Marc Basnight bridge on North Carolina Highway12
that crosses Oregon Inlet served as a critical hurricane evacuation route

https://www.hdrinc.com/portfolio/marc-basnight-bridge-bonner-bridge-replacement

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just think this was only a category 1 hurricane .

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you can look at the shape of the NC coast and the whole reason the OBX exists in the first place and predicted this. Why we keep rebuilding 12 year after year is beyond me. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
It certainly looks like NC, in the US, took the brunt of the storm and flooding even though it was a lower category when reached. I really feel for those who have suffered losses.

jfbookers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well I offered my OBX to those fleeing Fla, then pulled it as forecasts changed.
Went to OBX to use the week'
Got evacuated on Tues to Norfolk where we live.
The second highest storm surge ever was predicted for Friday.
We went to a Williamsburg timeshare to protect our cars.
Now Sat. morning and sun is shining again.
I have never felt pushed around by weather.
At least I had places to be pushed to.
I can't imagine the thousands who had nowhere to go.
They suffered and continue to suffer and I wish I could help.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard the conditions at Ocean Watch in Myrtle?
Go to their FB site. Their next update will be at 2pm EDT today.

@suenmike32 This post was from yesterday.

"Hurricane Dorian Update: Marriott’s OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes remains closed due to the impact from Hurricane Dorian. The resort’s management team has arrived at the property and is working with a remediation team to assess the damage and initiate restoration activity. We expect to provide additional updates on the resort’s status on Saturday, September 7 after 2 p.m. ET.

For Owners and guests who have reservations questions, please contact Marriott Vacation Club Customer Care at 800-860-9384, or via email at customer.care@vacationclub.com."

Last edited:

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Whenever American`s are in need,
The National Guard will be there.

Maryland Army National Guard
#MarylandGuard - #MD-HART

Governor, Larry Hogan sent the Maryland Helicopter Aquatic Rescue Team
to North Carolina Thursday to help with Hurricane Dorian rescues and relief.

The MD-HART consists of two UH-60 Blackhawk helicopters with four crew members from the Maryland Army National Guard and two divers from the Baltimore, Howard, and Montgomery County Fire Departments.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any updated information about Ocean Watch, Myrtle Beach ?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This was posted 6 hours ago on their FB page.
“Hurricane Dorian Update: Marriott’s OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes anticipates a partial opening on Sunday, September 8th. Overall, the resort campus is in good condition and resort landscaping has been largely restored to its original state. The pool, beach and pool bar are also expected to be open during your stay (weather permitting).

Remediation efforts are actively underway due to water intrusion that occurred as a result of Hurricane Dorian. Owners that are onsite should expect to see the resort’s disaster recovery contractors and supplies being staged around the property and Owners that are on-site may experience typical construction noise during normal working hours.

The management team looks forward to welcoming Owners with confirmed reservations to the resort for check-in starting on Sunday, September 8th at 4 p.m. We expect to provide additional updates on the resort’s status after 12 p.m. ET on Monday, September 9th.”