• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Re-trade Question

jstoeber

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Surf Club, Ko Olina, Ocean Pointe
I have not done this in a few years, so maybe things have changed. If I have exchanged a Marriott week for another Marriott week in Interval, can't I re-exchange that week for free as long as it is for another Marriott week? My weeks are enrolled in the points program.

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points
I have not done this in a few years, so maybe things have changed. If I have exchanged a Marriott week for another Marriott week in Interval, can't I re-exchange that week for free as long as it is for another Marriott week? My weeks are enrolled in the points program.

Marriott to Marriott II exchange fees should be covered by your annual Destination Club dues as an enrolled owner.

jstoeber

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott to Marriott II exchange fees should be covered by your annual Destination Club dues as an enrolled owner.

I thought so too, but I recall previously when I would view my exchange history, there would be a "retrade" button; now I see a button to "purchase E plus"

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
If they're in the Destination Club you don't have to purchase EPlus for it to be free.
DC dues cover any and all trades.

Not sure, but you might have to contact Interval to initiate the trade, and it might involve an ongoing trade request
especially if it's not immediately available.

EPlus simply allows up to 3 re-trades which can be done online for the EPlus one-time fee,
and I use that method in my "other" non-DC Interval acct when I may want a different destination.
It works great, and is an awesome way to upgrade.

To clarify or ask any questions, or check on trades, call "Marriott Desk" at Interval 1-800-622-1861.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
You don't need to call. Just click retrade. I don't think you can do an ongoing search on a retrade, but I never tried. I retraded over 10x on a restricted week once, all for free.

You would have to pay any upsize charges, if necessary.

jstoeber

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think I see the problem - my original trade (which I just did online yesterday) is still marked as "confirmation pending". the "retrade" option is not available; in its place is a button to purchase E plus. I guess the retrade button will appear once the original trade is confirmed.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I see the problem - my original trade (which I just did online yesterday) is still marked as "confirmation pending". the "retrade" option is not available; in its place is a button to purchase E plus. I guess the retrade button will appear once the original trade is confirmed.

You can call ii and cancel.
Your exchange fee was zero, so you use nothing by cancelling.
The week goes back in your account and you start over.
You can place requests as before.
It’s a total redo when you are enrolled in the DC.

Why do you think it says pending?
I’ve never had that happen.

Norcal5

TUG Member
Reaction score
So if I had traded a Marriott week for Grand Chateau instead of my Hyatt week I would not have had to pay $209 exchange fee plus E Plus fee of $59? I am DC also. Thanks.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
So if I had traded a Marriott week for Grand Chateau instead of my Hyatt week I would not have had to pay $209 exchange fee plus E Plus fee of $59? I am DC also. Thanks.

If your Marriott week you traded was enrolled and in the corporate account, correct. Marriott to Marriott trades are "free" in the corporate account.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
You don't need to call. Just click retrade.
I don't think you can do an ongoing search on a retrade, but I never tried. I retraded over 10x on a restricted week once, all for free.
You would have to pay any upsize charges, if necessary.

I meant you have to call for a new request if you're actively in the process of DOING an ongoing search
for those weeks which probably won't show up online,
ie, the more high demand weeks.

With DC acct you can keep trading for free, but something you want will need
the ongoing search, perhaps. Harder to get weeks aren't typically going to show online.

With Eplus "re-trades", it's all done online and hopefully you're searching for the weeks that usually post.
Those are simply clickable when you see it.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
I meant you have to call for a new request if you're actively in the process of DOING an ongoing search
for those weeks which probably won't show up online,
ie, the more high demand weeks.

With DC acct you can keep trading for free, but something you want will need
the ongoing search, perhaps. Harder to get weeks aren't typically going to show online.

With Eplus "re-trades", it's all done online and hopefully you're searching for the weeks that usually post.
Those are simply clickable when you see it.
I had a week that I was inside the 60 day window. So I just kept retrading it to the part of the next year when I wanted to go and there was availability .

Reactions: jme

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

Is this true? Do you get your week back or a cancellation replacement week?

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score

Sorry, I guess I don’t really know.
I did cancel completely and then traded again later- that much I know.
I apologize if I miss remember- probably shouldn’t have commented.
Hopefully someone else has done this and can confirm.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

It isn't a complete redo. When you cancel an exchange you get a cancellation replacement week which is only good for one year from the date of cancellation. This may be earlier than the original expiration date of the deposit. The only time it would be a complete redo would be if it were within 24 hours of confirmation.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The Start Retrade button may not appear until after the expiration of time where you can add EPlus. i think you can add EPlus for the first five days after confirmation. You may also not see the retrade butt, because as you indicated, they haven't confirmed your deposit yet.

Adding EPlus may be a good idea if you have traded Marriott to Marriott using an enrolled week and then want to retrade in to a non Marriott. You will only pay the $59 EPlus fee, no additional retrade fee. It would be $209 to just trade Marriott for Non Marriott otherwise. So if the non Marriott week you are looking at is sitting online, you can probably pull off a discounted non Marriott exchange for only $59. You do still have to pay the upgrade fee if you are retrading in to a larger unit than you are currently confirmed to.