• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Kauai Beach Club Studio questions?

Ryes

Reaction score
Hi there, when trying to reserve I see Kauai beach club studio (garden) and Kauai beach club studio (guest of 1 bedroom) OF.

How bad is the garden view studio. Is there a microwave, cutlery and plates etc? Are the rooms looking dated? I will be spending some time in the room.

I've stayed at the Marriott Desert Springs Villas 1 and 2 studios, and the Ko'olina studio, as well as a 1 bedroom at the converted hotel rooms at the Marriott Oceans club in Kaanapali (not the nice towers), so I have seen some rooms and don't know how these compare.

Are there certain studio rooms better than others that can be obtained (and if so how, like perhaps requesting an end unit etc?) Really hoping to not get a parking lot view. Is it better to ask for a room higher up or on the ground floor. I can't use stairs but elevators are fine (are there elevators?). Ideally I would have a nice sunny area to sit outdoors in the room (like grass area or balcony not facing a parking lot) since I have to spend a fair amount of time there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited:

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
If I'm not travelling until 2020 I have to buy points that don't expire in 2019 right?
Correct, you would need points that are good for your reservation time. Easiest to rent calendar Use Year 2020 points for a ressie in 2020 vs worrying about non calendar Use Year points which some folks may have available for renting.

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Hi there, when trying to reserve I see Kauai beach club studio (garden) and Kauai beach club studio (guest of 1 bedroom) OF.

How bad is the garden view studio. Is there a microwave, cutlery and plates etc? Are the rooms looking dated? I will be spending some time in the room.

I've stayed at the Marriott Desert Springs Villas 1 and 2 studios, and the Ko'olina studio, as well as a 1 bedroom at the converted hotel rooms at the Marriott Oceans club in Kaanapali (not the nice towers), so I have seen some rooms and don't know how these compare.

Are there certain studio rooms better than others that can be obtained (and if so how, like perhaps requesting an end unit etc?) Really hoping to not get a parking lot view. Is it better to ask for a room higher up or on the ground floor. I can't use stairs but elevators are fine (are there elevators?). Ideally I would have a nice sunny area to sit outdoors in the room (like grass area or balcony not facing a parking lot) since I have to spend a fair amount of time there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I stayed in a studio at KBC for a week. I believe we had OV, which overlooked the pool, which was excellent because beyond the pool is the ocean. High floor is usually better, IMO. I requested a high floor and got the 9th floor.

I can't comment on garden view or studio vs. lockoff but...

In the studio there was a small fridge, coffee maker, and microwave. We called down to the main desk to request a toaster be sent up to the room, and they asked if we would like dishes and silverware as well, so we said yes. They brought up 2 of all the dishes/cutlery.

Chrispee

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I stayed in a Parlour Room for an extra night after spending the week in a 1br, and I definitely would take the Guest Room over the Parlour Room given how uncomfortable the murphy bed is in the Parlour Room. Unfortunately, most of the kitchen stuff is in the Parlour Room, but you would still have dishes/glasses/cutlery for two and I'm sure you could request more from housekeeping. To the best of my recollection there is a microwave, coffee maker, and bar fridge but it's not really conducive to preparing meals. The rooms have fairly fresh and modern decor.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
I've stayed at KBC at least a half dozen times -- always in the (OF) Kilohana Tower with one exception. If you are taking only half of the 1bd unit, I would opt for the parlor. It has the lanai (at least for the Kilohana Tower units), excellent views, and the (very limited) kitchen. otoh, DW prefers the studio unit.

I once bought an extra night or two in a garden view unit. Never again. The room I was given was dark, smelled musty, and felt depressing -- which is hard on Kauai.

imho, if you are going all the way to Hawaii, you want a water view. I recommend an OF parlor in the Kilohana Tower for about the same price as an OV or GV studio.

Ryes

Reaction score
Thanks that’s very useful to know