• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marbrisa Owner Update

Azdro716

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had an awesome week at Marbrisa. Hit up the San Diego zoo, legoland for 2 days, and Disneyland for a day(lines were dead). With all the park expenses we figured wed burn an hour in the early AM and sit through an update. It was a real waste of time, the salesperson was totally useless. She tried to tell me about all the availability that was blacked out due to me being resale. Also didn't understand how i was able to book Tuscany for next February before January 1st, 2020....what?!!? She didn't even know the booking rules, I had to walk her though it.

The WORST part was when she saw this wasn't going anywhere(it never got contentious) she tried to end it. The manager pretty said to her and my wife and I "They need to sit there for the full hour". We talked about our kids in awkward small talk for 35 minutes and got out of there with 2 free SD zoo tickets. I probably wont ever do one again, just isnt worth the hassle. On the end of stay review HGVC sent us, I did notify them of the manager's behavior and response. They responded with saying they will address it, and it is unacceptable.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Thanks for the review, I always like to hear about owner updates. Thats pretty much the same as my experience at Marbrisa a few years ago, haven’t been to one since.

The funniest thing they told me was that they all owned there and were Elites, yet none of them had ever been to Hawaii.

Then the closer that tries to sell you the 7000 point one time package told me I needed more points because my current year balance was 0. I said, Did you check my reservation list? Have you ever borrowed points?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
The funniest thing they told me was that they all owned there and were Elites, yet none of them had ever been to Hawaii.
I have Elite status and have never been to Hawaii. Not sure what being Elite and traveling to Hawaii have to do with each other. :ponder:

Kurt

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have Elite status and have never been to Hawaii. Not sure what being Elite and traveling to Hawaii have to do with each other. :ponder:

Kurt

And we're not Elite and have been to Hawai'i...

Cheers.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.

Kurt

OK, to connect the dots. They are locals from Carlsbad, they are Elite and have plenty of points (expensive points). Now I can understand people from the midwest and east coast never been to Hawaii, but California natives with upper incomes that can afford to be Elite?

Anyway, I didn’t believe any of them owned HGVC, its just their standard sales BS to make a sale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Anyway, I didn’t believe any of them owned HGVC, its just their standard sales BS to make a sale.
Since their lips were moving, I'm sure they were full of BS. Just disagree with the "every Californian of means must (or even want to) vacation in Hawaii" thing. Personally, I'd rather ski than go to Hawaii, but I would never assume all upper income Coloradans spend their vacations at a ski resort. Nothing to argue about, I just found it odd. Maybe it is a California thing? I'll admit I am ignorant to the California way of thinking.

Kurt

Last edited: