• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

A 27-year-old Costco fanatic loves the store so much he got a Kirkland Signature tattoo and had a bi

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
DaveNW, they're playing your song. . . . :)

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I will say, in my defense, I have never considered getting a Costco tattoo. But I do have an unwritten, unpublished PhD dissertation entitled: "The Power of a $1.50 Kosher Hot Dog: What the Costco food court can teach us about America, democracy, and community-building in the modern age." :D

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I will say, in my defense, I have never considered getting a Costco tattoo. But I do have an unwritten, unpublished PhD dissertation entitled: "The Power of a $1.50 Kosher Hot Dog: What the Costco food court can teach us about America, democracy, and community-building in the modern age." :D
I had to read this a second time to catch that it is unwritten.

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a personal relationship with Costco. I mean that. I view Costco a lot like a religious experience. I go there to worship what they offer, I always donate money to Costco, and its a safe haven for me. I get knowledge and wisdom from Costco, Costco is loyal to me no matter my faults, and even when Costco does something wrong I forgive Costco.

This guy with the tattoo sounds like he has his head on straight to me. ;)

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I have a personal relationship with Costco. I mean that. I view Costco a lot like a religious experience. I go there to worship what they offer, I always donate money to Costco, and its a safe haven for me. I get knowledge and wisdom from Costco, Costco is loyal to me no matter my faults, and even when Costco does something wrong I forgive Costco.

This guy with the tattoo sounds like he has his head on straight to me. ;)

You, sir, are the kind of man Costco wants to own. Er, know. ;)

Dave

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Plus, you find a diverse community that comes together for a communal experience driven by shared values. I would posit that is a big reason why lots of people go to church in the first place.

My unwritten dissertation is driven by the reality that Costco is perhaps the one place in my mid-sized, Southern city (and I would suspect, many other cities) where you can find multiple immigrant families (speaking multiple non-English languages,) the widow of a tobacco company CEO, working and middle class white, black, and brown families, and an upper-class society matron (different from the CEO's widow) all performing the same activity at the same time at the same place--together. And interacting--together. I actually saw all of these folks at one time in three different check-out lines right before a winter storm about a year ago, but the food court on a Saturday afternoon also has a similar dynamic and demographic make up to it.

As a sociologist, I find it fascinating, especially as America goes through the Big Sort and people, in general, are becoming more polarized and isolated within their own demographic categories as anytime since the Civil War and, perhaps, 1969. And if I *were* planning on writing a PhD dissertation anytime soon, this is seriously what it would be about. :)

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
My sister usually vacations with us. One time on the Big Island we had too much luggage all of us (3 adults & 2 kids) to go to the timeshare. I dropped her off at the Costco. Went back to the airport got everyone else plus luggage. Went to the timeshare. Checked in and dropped off luggage. Went back to Costco to get my sister.

She had been at Costco about 1 1/2 hours. When I found her in the store she still wasn’t done looking around. My sister goes to Costco once a week back home. But we’re still fascinated at the similarities and differences in the Hawaii Costco.

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
You, sir, are the kind of man Costco wants to own. Er, know. ;)

Dave
See, the irony here is that I actually own a lot of Costco stock, so I actually own them. That said, my post was somewhat tongue in cheek, but I am an absolute fanatic and go there at least twice a week to get gas, and then I simply have to go in the store too.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
See, the irony here is that I actually own a lot of Costco stock, so I actually own them. That said, my post was somewhat tongue in cheek, but I am an absolute fanatic and go there at least twice a week to get gas, and then I simply have to go in the store too.

My reply was also lighthearted. Costco loves members like you. And I’m the same. Everywhere we go, we stop in the local Costco, just to see what’s different. :)

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Our youngest grandson complains that his grandpa praises Costco more than he brags about his grandsons!

Aah, yes. But does the Grandson make muffins? Hmm? ;)

Dave

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There is no Costco near me :(.....

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I *love* to check out Costcos in other states, too, and I usually post about the differences on FB with a #notinmyCostco hashtag. You would think that Costco would really jump on this marketing effort. ;)

I don't like shopping at the Costco in the city where I work, however. It's not really different *enough*, and is somewhat of a mirror-image of "my" Costco in the city where I live. I call it "Bizarro-World Costco," and it kinda freaks me out, TBH, LOL!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
We do liked Costco shopping. But no tattoos for us.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is interesting how each warehouse takes on a certain 'identity' of the community it's in. Usually varies by some of the local or regional products or buying preferences of it's own clients. We have a big dairy industry, so Chobani yogurt, Darigold butter, an excellent local bacon and locally produced hash browns are staples here. At the GIANT Costco in Salt Lake City, they have whole sides of beef. Then, of course the places that have booze, which we don't.

No surprise that at Hawaii Costco's, Aloha shirts, beach chairs & swim masks & fins are always stocked.

A walk through a Costco when traveling gives a glimpse of local availability, some great buys and a chance to meet 'regular' people from that area, doing the same thing you are.

Jim

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Passepartout, in Virginia, Costco does not and can not sell booze. That why I visit MOW, at least every two (2) years to stock up on my booze and egg nod.LOL.:wave:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Passepartout, in Virginia, Costco does not and can not sell booze. That why I visit MOW, at least every two (2) years to stock up on my booze and egg nod.LOL.:wave:
Yep. All we have is beer & wine. And Utah has no alcohol at all. We would have to go much further to stock the booze cellar. Such is life. The liquor industry would be in deep trouble if it relied on me as a customer. :)

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
A walk through a Costco when traveling gives a glimpse of local availability, some great guys and a chance to meet 'regular' people from that area, doing the same thing you are.

Jim

I totally agree with this. I went through the Missoula Costco the other day for this exact reason, and found a certain flannel shirt I like a lot, but that isn't currently offered at my Costco back home. Score! :)

I think the reason a lot of the bigger Utah Costco's sell larger sizes of meat products is due to larger family sizes. You can also buy an entire pig, suitable for doing your own luau. My freezer isn't big enough for that. :)

Dave

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
We always go to the Costco stores in Mexico if they are nearby. I like the Costco in Puerto Vallarta , Cabo and Cancun with the hotdogs and jalapeno peppers. The peppers make it feel more like a Mexican hotdog.

Bill

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
When you visit Kauai the local Rum is cheaper at Costco than at the Distillery less than a mile away. Plus you can get POG in gallon jugs.