• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Beaches at Ka'anapali ( feb 2019)

KevSki

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anybody be there recently? We heard the beaches were washed out due to the last hurricane.

KevSki

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Denise, didn't know they had a webcam.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Our son and daughter-in-law are at Westin Ka'anapali now, and the beach has sand. :)

Dawnwrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN, WSJ-CV
We were there during the storm. The beach in front of WKORVN was badly damaged and the stairs and platform where they stored the loungers were washed away. There is still sand there, but if you sit on it you are not protected from getting wet. Before the storm the beach was probably 3 feet higher than it is now. The damage is not as bad as you travel south. A lot of coral was broken off and washed ashore, although as of last week lots of it was still tumbling in the water, hitting swimmers and cutting up legs at times.

Negma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk WKV WMH WKORVN SVR Harborside 5* and spoiled
There are pictures from last week on the “we won the beach” thread. A lot of beach in front is gone

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
We were at WKORV last week, and there was sand, but a lot less than usual and so it was very crowded on the rare day when the sun came out (winter, lots of rain!). And lots of broken coral pieces, hitting us and cutting our legs. And you really needed booties to walk near the water since there were large rocks and things to step on that made it uncomfortable. Hopefully, it is settling down a bit this week. The resort folks told us that the missing sand and broken coral had just happened the week before (week of February 10). We were there February 16-23. First time since the resort opened that we haven't been able to go into the ocean and snorkel there. We took the shuttle to Black Rock. Super crowded there, but it was clear.

Negma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk WKV WMH WKORVN SVR Harborside 5* and spoiled
This is great advice!

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, thanks Denise for that Marriott Bonvoy webcam link.

Now, I'll just try not to look at it as I sit at my desk and try to only think about work!

KevSki

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all of you for the info, we're heading out there next week. I will report on the beach conditions when we get there.

farsighted99

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea (Maui)
WoW! There is a webcam specifically for Nanea! It's live! Now I can see what's going on at my timeshare.https://www.marriotthawaii.com/webcams/the-westin-nanea-ocean-villas-kaanapali/ Thanks Denise.

So when it's miserable and cold here, I can see the beach! And the palm trees blowing in the wind, and people in the water. Full screen too. I can pretend I'm on the balcony of my timeshare!!! :banana: Now I just need a poke bowl, a Mai Tai and some Hawaiian music. Aloha!

Last edited:

Kildahl

TUG Member
Reaction score
My best friend and his wife are have been WKORV for two weeks and have been emailing me about their stay. He hikes the beach very early each day and below is an excerpt for his walk on 02/28:
"...This is one of the best beaches on Maui but it damaged when you were in Kauai. Lot of it got washed out to sea in places. Lots of downed trees as I head north...."

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
We are at MOC right now. The beach at MOC is much wider than normal -- and is practically empty.

otoh, the beach in front of the Ka'anapali Beach Hotel (the first property south of the Sheraton Black Rock) is very narrow -- so narrow that the boardwalk is being undercut by waves. It will need "nourishing" very soon or the walkway will fail.

Last edited:

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
We were at Nanea and WKORVN in late March/early April and were shocked at the damage the February storm had done to the beaches.

We are here now and thrilled to see how deep the beaches are and their excellent condition. Mother Nature has been working!

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Very deep. As mentioned in that thread - the beaches change throughout the year.

Photo of 9/11 memorial in front of WKORVN

93f85e613ca208a0c3711bb2f51885a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
It looked bad when we were there in February but probably better now

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very deep. As mentioned in that thread - the beaches change throughout the year.

Photo of 9/11 memorial in front of WKORVN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is everyone looking at?

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Maui - May 2019 127.JPG

The beach didn't look anywhere near that wide back in May.