• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC website: Sorry, an error has occurred.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I am going to do this next time I call in. Can reduce points but not add when changing res.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Can reduce points but not add when changing res.
Except for this issue (which is fairly significant), the change feature is working better than last year. Then I couldn't figure out why it did or didn't work.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Can reduce points but not add when changing res.
This explains why, when I was walking a reservation last week, I was successful some days, and had to call in other days. Being in the business of creating and supporting high-volume web applications, I find it amazing how many ways HGVC's IT can continue to screw up their application! I'm thinking they do little to no user acceptance testing. Just crazy.

Kurt

2disneydads

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have tried twice tonight on two different browers to make a reservation with a guest's name. Both times, I get something like pop-up messages telling me that I have been blocked. I will call tomorrow, but it made me a little nervous, because it looks something like a hack (though it probably isn't). The messages direct me to contact HGVC. Very strange. And on both MS Edge and Firefox.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
TI'm thinking they do little to no user acceptance testing. Just crazy.

Kurt

Sure they do. We're the users. We're doing the testing. We don't accept :)

What they appear not to do is much in the way of pre-release regression testing (really basic stuff). Then, realizing how munged this was, not sure why they didn't roll back to a stable check point and fix this offline. I asked them this yesterday. We'll see if they answer :)

Cheers.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
New owner here and I got the error message when trying to walk a reservation. I need to call HGVC in the morning. Per their site they open at 8am ET. Is that correct? Thank you.

Best regards.

Mike

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
New owner here and I got the error message when trying to walk a reservation. I need to call HGVC in the morning. Per their site they open at 8am ET. Is that correct? Thank you.

That is correct. Was the reservation change requiring more points?

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
That is correct. Was the reservation change requiring more points?

Thank you. Yes, need more points. The same issue as others have reported. I was hoping IT would have fixed it, but not yet.

Best regards.

Mike

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I think they must've hired stoners fresh out of high-school
to run their IT department, and they spend a good portion
of their time partying. "Hey, dudes. Wassup?"

Kind'a like the crew working on my kitchen remodel.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Well, on the bright news, I haven't had any transactions mess up on my points. Now that would be a disaster.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think they must've hired stoners fresh out of high-school
to run their IT department, and they spend a good portion
of their time partying. "Hey, dudes. Wassup?"

Kind'a like the crew working on my kitchen remodel.

You clearly know little of stoners and software development. Had they hired high school stoners, this would:

a. Not have happened
b. Been fixed even if it did

Here in Silicon Valley, some of the best code is written while on something. I no longer code, but did once :)

Cheers.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
You clearly know little of stoners and software development. Had they hired high school stoners, this would:

a. Not have happened
b. Been fixed even if it did

Here in Silicon Valley, some of the best code is written while on something. I no longer code, but did once :)

Cheers.

When my wife used to code, she would listen to either speed or industrial metal music. The fast, driving beat of the music helped her brain code better.

She’s not a metal head at all. She likes alternative music, but much less aggressive than her coding music. Since she stopped coding, she hasn’t listened to that type of music since.

terces

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC LVB x3, Sandos Mexico for RCI points
I for one would like to keep these threads filled with helpful information instead of irrelevant thoughts and complaining. Moderator, can some of these posts be deleted?

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I for one would like to keep these threads filled with helpful information instead of irrelevant thoughts and complaining. Moderator, can some of these posts be deleted?
I've seen nothing here that violates TUG's rules. Going off-topic is just the nature of forums. No thought police here (thankfully!).

Kurt

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard

One of the great things about TUG is the community aspect. The little side bar off topic conversations allow me to get to know my fellow tuggers better. Yes, many here are only online for the info, but if that’s all it was, than it would become a cold, sterile place where people might not stick around.

Maybe no one likes me here, and that would be fine, but I have grown to like many of the regulars. I wouldn’t have gotten to know their online personalities as well if their weren’t some off topic conversations.

Edited for correcting autocorrect

Last edited:

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok, sorry to throw real data in here, but I have to :)

Received email from HGVC:

HGVC said:
Hello,

Thank you for your email. Additional website updates were completed this afternoon, fixing many of the known errors.

Please try again and let us know if you are still experiencing any problems.

Tried Cancel, and it worked!

Cheers.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Ok, sorry to throw real data in here, but I have to :)

Received email from HGVC:

Cheers.

Progress is good. Just tried to modify a reservation in a way that added points. Still not working. I'm ready for them to bring in the fresh high school graduates and what ever performance enhancing substances they need.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Little victories are good! I have done several transactions in the last few weeks: changing and cancelling several winter reservations, and creating / walking a couple of consecutive reservations for a long early June trip we are putting together. Today I made a new reservation without issue; three weeks ago I was not able to do that. The website has gradually been getting better and faster since the time when the major issues began, so it has been encouraging that they are at least working on it.

I'll have to say I have been impressed that when I have needed to call in, the phone lines have not had long waits at all.

Kurt

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll have to say I have been impressed that when I have needed to call in, the phone lines have not had long waits at all.

Kurt

That part has particularly surprised me. Given website issues, and the need to call, I'd have expected longer waits....but not the case.

Cheers.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now if they'd fix the Guest Certificate issue where it doesn't actually send the email (I think this is going on like what, 4-5 years or longer now). Every time I have to call in and have them resend the email.

Oscar923

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just tried changing an existing reservation by adding a day; it is still not working.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I have been adding one day for the past couple of nights and it has been working for me fine. I am just adding and not taking off any nights.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been adding one day for the past couple of nights and it has been working for me fine. I am just adding and not taking off any nights.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Wow, you serious. That stinks, as adding a day doesn't work at all for me. I still have to call in every 2-3 days. I still find it true if I modify to use less points, it works, but can't modify to need more points.

Great3

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I added enough points to make a full week so there are no fluctuations in value as I walk the reservation. No issues so far. When I get to our desired dates, will drop the extra days. This may require a call but better than daily calls.

P.S. Another good point about HGVC is that customer service answers the phone promptly and the CSRs are knowledgable. Nothing worse than waiting on hold for 30+ minutes when you have a simple question that can't be addressed by the website.