• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New "Founders Level" program for 1/1/20: what do you think

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Its a marketing strategy to sell more points. Nothing has been finalized its a great way to hoodwink more into buying more points that they can possibly use.
So true, so very true!

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Maybe someone should be nominated to attend the Wyndham Annual Meeting in Austin TX on November 7 and ask these pointed questions. I believe that one can sign up for the Podcast, (or at least it was possible in previous years) so we can all hear the answers.

They ask for your questions ahead of time when you registered. They will likely discuss the new program. However, we might not learn anymore then we already know. You can bet they weeded out the questions that they cannot, or do not want to answer.

They didn't live stream it last year. It was a pretty small meeting. About 100 people.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Spoke to a Wyndham corporate employee last week about a different issue I was having. I asked her about the new program. She said yes there was a program in the works that would add an extra level Founders as others have said. She also said program won't be rolled out till late 2020. All point owners in the VIP levels will be grandfathered although names of levels will change, For owners who are trying to reach the VIP levels the points will go up to get there.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Spoke to a Wyndham corporate employee last week about a different issue I was having. I asked her about the new program. She said yes there was a program in the works that would add an extra level Founders as others have said. She also said program won't be rolled out till late 2020. All point owners in the VIP levels will be grandfathered although names of levels will change, For owners who are trying to reach the VIP levels the points will go up to get there.
Great strategy on Wyndham`s part to sell more points. Getting in on the old VIP benefits before you know all the facts is the sales scare tactic to hoodwink you into buying more before its to late.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
before you know all the facts is the sales scare tactic to hoodwink you into buying more before its to late.
Do you know all of the facts of the new VIP benefits??
If not your comments are as premature as sales reps.
It’s all going to be hindsight if your better off to buy now or a year from now

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you know all of the facts of the new VIP benefits??
If not your comments are as premature as sales reps.
It’s all going to be hindsight if your better off to buy now or a year from now
Yes you are correct its better to buy before all values are changed. It is just a great strategy for Wyndham to sell more points. I see no benefit to existing owners as they will be grandfathered in, unless they buy up to next level and they can use the added benefits.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Maybe someone should be nominated to attend the Wyndham Annual Meeting in Austin TX on November 7 and ask these pointed questions. I believe that one can sign up for the Podcast, (or at least it was possible in previous years) so we can all hear the answers.

Richelle and I are both currently planning to attend the owner's meeting in Austin in early November. We will be bringing a number of the ideas and feedback regarding the Privileges program from these threads to the owner's meeting.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Yes you are correct its better to buy before all values are changed. It is just a great strategy for Wyndham to sell more points. I see no benefit to existing owners as they will be grandfathered in, unless they buy up to next level and they can use the added benefits.

For the current VIP owners who will be grandfathered, and who may be considering upgrading to the next higher tier, they will definitely be worse off if they wait. For example, I currently own 718k developer VIP program eligible points. I'm currently temp VIPP through Sept 2020, permanent VIPG. If I were to decide to upgrade to VIPP permanent, today I would have to acquire 283k additional developer points at a minimum. If I were to wait until the Privileges program is released, I would have to purchase 383k points minimum. Assuming an average cost of $145/1000 - that's an additional $14,500 points, simply because I chose to wait. That's a significant sum of money to me.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
For the current VIP owners who will be grandfathered, and who may be considering upgrading to the next higher tier, they will definitely be worse off if they wait. For example, I currently own 718k developer VIP program eligible points. I'm currently temp VIPP through Sept 2020, permanent VIPG. If I were to decide to upgrade to VIPP permanent, today I would have to acquire 283k additional developer points at a minimum. If I were to wait until the Privileges program is released, I would have to purchase 383k points minimum. Assuming an average cost of $145/1000 - that's an additional $14,500 points, simply because I chose to wait. That's a significant sum of money to me.
I agree if you're that close and you could justify the additional sunk cost and you utilize it to the fullest you can make it work for your situation.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great strategy on Wyndham`s part to sell more points. Getting in on the old VIP benefits before you know all the facts is the sales scare tactic to hoodwink you into buying more before its to late.
unless they buy up to next level and they can use the added benefits.
I agree if you're that close and you could justify the additional sunk cost and you utilize it to the fullest you can make it work for your situation.
The wind must of changed direction as the flip flopper is back

MSMS

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I was given the corporate pitch a day ago. I'm a lowly Silver at 420,000 so this is what they emphasized for me: Silver currently 400,000 will become Champion at 500,000 / Gold 700,000 will be Ambassador at 800,000 / Platinum 1M will be Legend (sorry didn't write down the amount). I'll be grandfathered in as Silver but the sales pitch was to get me to Gold before January when the new tier takes effect. I was promised my very own agent to deal with for everything...my sales person, of course. Not sure I believe this but who knows. I guess I'll have to be satisfied with Silver as I really don't have time for this right now as it's basically a lifestyle that doesn't currently suit mine. I was offered 280,000 at .14 cents per point plus some bonus points. Attractive...just to get the feel of Gold!

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
800k bonus points every year!:thumbup:
Ooooh! As a Founder's level owner with 1.425M points, bring it to me, baby!:wave::whooopie::clap::cheer::banana:

But I bet that was a lie!:mad::mad::mad:

t's just an imputed savings of 60% of 1.4 Million!:(

Last edited:

bestpal38

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Club Access
Please educate us with a few examples of FREE Wyndham points contracts on eBay
Or are you off topic as this thread is on Wyndham points??
I got 126,000 odd year points at Royal sea gardens. Out the door price.....Free Timesharenation.com

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I got 126,000 odd year points at Royal sea gardens. Out the door price.....Free Timesharenation.com

That’s not eBay. They asked for examples on eBay.