• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUG and TSs are saving my marriage

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Before TUG, DW and I were traveling four full weeks a year, typically at $3k/year on studio hotels. With TSs and TUG LMR, we now travel six times a year: two full weeks and four five-day Wyndham vacations. Our MF cost is just $3.3k/yr total on 1BR1BA DRI South Bend, Williamsburg 4LBR4BA, and 381k Wyndham EY. If I rented out the Williamsburg 2BR2BA for $500, our annual MF could be as low as $2.8k/yr.

The extra six days of vacation has brought us great memories and relieved work related stress. We also learned more about ourselves, each other, and our marriage with each vacation.

Also, my wife joked, “You’re never cheating on me. What woman puts up with a guy talking about timeshares and reading TUG all the time?”

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, my wife joked, “You’re never cheating on me. What woman puts up with a husband talking about timeshares and reading TUG all the time.”
What makes you think it was a joke? :)

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Good to hear. I get much the same at my house. I will often start a conversation with "Somebody on TUG said..." and I am met with polite tolerance, much like a parent does with a small child. It's nearly comical.

But the payback is when a situation comes up related to traveling, and I am asked, "What would your friends on TUG have to say?" So the knowledge base is a good one. In the ~15 years I've been hanging around TUG, my life, both at home and when traveling, has greatly improved.

As Alan Cole likes to say, "Is this a great country, or what?" :)

Dave

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Oddly, for me its Ebay, Amazon, Craigslist and facebook that get surfed the most. Tug is right up there in the top 10 places I surf. :thumbup:

Bill

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I get it. :)

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
I admit that much of the info about travel and other topics that I share with others originates with TUG. I'd appear much less savvy about life without all you experts sharing what you know or links to informative articles!

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Before TUG, DW and I were traveling four full weeks a year, typically at $3k/year on studio hotels. With TSs and TUG LMR, we now travel six times a year: two full weeks and four five-day Wyndham vacations. Our MF cost is just $3.3k/yr total on 1BR1BA DRI South Bend, Williamsburg 4BR4BA, and 381k Wyndham. The extra six days of vacation has brought us great memories and relieve work related stress. We also learned more about ourselves, each other, and our marriage with each vacation.

Also, my wife joked, “You’re never cheating on me. What woman puts up with a husband talking about timeshares and reading TUG all the time.”

Good for you guys!
I agree with you that timesharing does add a lot of enjoyment to life in that it allows being together as a family,
and it's surprising how many wonderful activities revolve around those timeshare stays.

TUG makes timesharing more proficient----Thank You, TUG!
And timesharing then provides the impetus and OPPORTUNITY for a family to learn about each other as individuals,
and to grow in love and respect for one another.
It fosters bonding which cannot easily be experienced elsewhere, so yes it can save a marriage, a family,
or even just one member.
And I don't necessarily espouse the old adage that "all you need is QUALITY time"---it's important obviously,
but I firmly believe you also need QUANTITY time.
As a family we say, "Welcome timeshares, welcome TUG".

Even though our 21 years of timesharing as a family unit has waned because our children are grown and on their own
(now having their own schedules which are seemingly
diametrically opposed to ours), we still use ownership in valuable ways.
We have get-togethers when we can, or we use some weeks as a couple and give the other weeks
to the children....whatever.....
but I'm happy to say ownership is still fluid and flexible enough and works very well.
And you can bet our children are excited when they get to make trips as their own family unit.
Timesharing can be molded into whatever you want it to be.

In addition to TUG being the invisible classroom teacher which elevates the timeshare experience,
TUG can be even more contributory if one meets and interacts with other TUG members along the journey.
We've literally met dozens, and deep friendships emerged and have endured.

We readily acknowledge that our lives have been enriched from meeting and communicating with many
TUG members, and we continue to visit with several regularly.
We know their families and get to watch their children and grandchildren grow up. It's wonderful.

We've spent time with many TUG members in previous years, more last year, and again this year-------
and we plan on meeting more for visits in Nov and Dec and again in Jan and Feb.
These have evolved into genuine friendships, where we care about each other a lot.

Not sure what I'd do without the valuable resource that TUG provides, and I feel equally about the benefits
of the personal side it allows via the BBS and PM conversations. Long live TUG.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thru TUG learned knowledge, I have taken my nieces and nephews on solo trips with me (no parents or siblings). They have become independant young adults .. reflected in college and career choices. Their parents were happy they had a responsible adult with them ... even my parents and siblings who had little respect for my independant ways as a yuong person (scout camping, college 1000+ miles from home, and corporate America careers in NEW fields).

Only once did a nephew upset his Maryland Mom - it was his proclaimation at the airport on return, he was going to college in Florida. I was off 'the hook', when he went to Georiga Tech (I graduated from the oldest college in Florida, founded 1883).

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Good to hear. I get much the same at my house. I will often start a conversation with "Somebody on TUG said..."

Dave
Many conversations start like that at our house. I think my dh and dd are amazed at the number of topics we cover here.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Good to hear. I get much the same at my house. I will often start a conversation with "Somebody on TUG said..." and I am met with polite tolerance, much like a parent does with a small child. It's nearly comical.

But the payback is when a situation comes up related to traveling, and I am asked, "What would your friends on TUG have to say?" So the knowledge base is a good one. In the ~15 years I've been hanging around TUG, my life, both at home and when traveling, has greatly improved.

As Alan Cole likes to say, "Is this a great country, or what?" :)

Dave
Almost identical to our household.

aandmrun

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have to say that I do believe timesharing helps to keep the joy in our marriage. We have been married for 53 years and have been timesharing for 25 years. We have loved the opportunity to share so many places together in all parts of the world. We have also included our granddaughters in many of our trips from the time they were 3 and 5 years old. We used to take them on trips during spring break and/or other holidays. Now they are 19 and 21. It has been such a joy to hear them give us a lot of credit for "teaching" them how to travel. One granddaughter is currently off to college and the other one is working on Disney Cruise ships as an entertainer and gets the chance to travel a lot. She recently told me "Thanks, Grandma, for all the travel tips you have given me over the years."

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
Agree

I’m a biker. Indians and Harley’s pretty much dictate my moves in life
But we vacation normally 5-8 weeks plus a few short stops along the way

My wife. A biker but not one to sit on a forum thinks it’s wasted time
Right up to the point I learn something valuable. Whether a place to visit or things to do

Been a good run so far and not yet 54

We or I have always taken vacations like a mad man
Friends thought I was crazy but in the end. On our dying bed would you rather talk about things you did as a family or how many digits were in your paycheck?

I’ve always made good money but that’s never been my focus

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
Many conversations start like that at our house. I think my dh and dd are amazed at the number of topics we cover here.

Totally agree

I’ve never had a “job” pretty much been self employed since paper routes in the 4th grade

When you work at an office. You’re only as smart as the person sitting next to you
Conversation is more about the weekend etc
I always asked clients questions. How did you do this that ? Etc. knowledge stuff
So asking and learning is something we need to do more of

As mentioned. I’m a biker guy. A good friend of mine talks with me on average about 4 hours a day
My wife thinks all we talk about is boobs and bourbon
She’s usually shocked when she learns we actually talk about chili recipes and how to do laundry!!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I’m a biker. Indians and Harley’s pretty much dictate my moves in life

A little sidebar: I saw this Indian motorcycle last week in West Yellowstone, Montana, right outside the National Park. Pretty cool. :)

Dave

IMG_1211.JPG

IMG_1210.JPG

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Oh yes! Around here I'm often telling my family something I've learned on TUG....my TUGers said, "....". I've even heard my husband repeat some to others. Timesharing has forced us to take trips and go places we would not have without them. We've enjoy the time together someplace new or in an old favorite.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
A little sidebar: I saw this Indian motorcycle last week in West Yellowstone, Montana, right outside the National Park. Pretty cool. :)
Boy! That's what I'd call a 'FULL Dresser! Goes to show that not ALL the scenic attractions of Yellowstone are natural.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
It's funny- a lot of time when I am speaking with my husband I will say, "well- Perl said...." OR "Dave said..." and my husband is like "Who is Perl?" or "Who is Dave?".

I am like- "You know- from the TUG group!". LOL!

And not always related to timeshare topics either.

He is the opposite of me. Hs is not into time sharing or traveling (or socializing in person or on forums). He essentially just tags along with me.

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
You have figured out what TUG Brian actually runs -

a support group for folks with some OCD and an interest in vacation timeshares .
That's CDO. Y'know- alphabetic- like it's SUPPOSED to be!