• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best SVV for 1 bdrm SO trades

Which SVV units provides the best value and flexible trading for SOs?

• SVV EOY Even 2 bdrm Lockoff for 95.7k SO

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • SVV EOY Even 2 bdrm (no lockoff) 81k SO

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • SVV Annual Plat 1 bdrm 44k SO (88k across 2 years)

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • SVV Annual Gold 1 bdrm Premium 44k SO (88k across 2 years)

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • SVV Annual Plat 1 bdrm Premium 51k SO (108k across 2 years)

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
It's one of the best price in a while. The annual 81k usually goes at least $1500-2000 + closing without MF portion.
Best price in a while was the 700 including closing I just paid lol.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I researched both and ended up with EOY Bella 81k. The 95,700 lock off is about $300 more a year in Maintenance fee. 81k goes a long way for me because it's just the two of us and we can travel in 1br in Gold Season.
Which Bella at 81K did you pick up? Yeah the lockout is higher maint. What i like about that is being able to trade in interval the smaller unit and still use 51,700 SO to book another one bedroom somewhere else.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Which Bella at 81K did you pick up? Yeah the lockout is higher maint. What i like about that is being able to trade in interval the smaller unit and still use 51,700 SO to book another one bedroom somewhere else.

Not sure what you mean by which Bella. Odd year usage. I see what you mean by the lockout and I could have gotten one of those for next to nothing back then as well.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Did you get the eBay key west last night? It went for 921

Wasn't me. Still researching. We own 3 timeshares already so no rush. Besides we would want EOY because an annual would give us too much.

We are leaning toward a 97500 EOY unit because we already own WKORVN OF odd and if we wanted another OF week this has the points to secure that.

Still trying to figure out if we would be better off getting an even or odd to go with our odd unit. Your thoughts on this are appreciated

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Not sure what you mean by which Bella. Odd year usage. I see what you mean by the lockout and I could have gotten one of those for next to nothing back then as well.
Sorry lol I meant which Bella listing? Lol how long ago? I feel like there are only a handful out there

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Wasn't me. Still researching. We own 3 timeshares already so no rush. Besides we would want EOY because an annual would give us too much.

We are leaning toward a 97500 EOY unit because we already own WKORVN OF odd and if we wanted another OF week this has the points to secure that.

Still trying to figure out if we would be better off getting an even or odd to go with our odd unit. Your thoughts on this are appreciated
It doesn’t matter even or odd I don’t think. I have an odd so I’d pick up and even if I did it. Idk what I’ve going to do. I have the lockout and 2 bedroom annual and EOY I think I have enough as well

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella

If you own an odd week on Maui and occasionally want to extend it, I think you'll have to own an odd week 97500. You can't use an Even week in odd years unless you paid to push them all forward which I suppose you could do. But, you'd be adding extra fees on top of fees.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Sorry lol I meant which Bella listing? Lol how long ago? I feel like there are only a handful out there

I bought mine back in 2018. Apparently that was the bargain year. I got mine for $100. I could have bought a lock off for the same and someone offered me a WKV Platinum 2BR for ten grand and I turned them down because I was blowing a ton of dough remodeling my house. I should have bought it and waited a year and sold it for 14k.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Considering it was 2020 usage I would expect maint fee to be paid for 2019 since we are heading into August.
I suspect it was. The 2019 MF applies to the 2020 use year in an EOY Even week. So you can consider you are getting half of the 2020 use MF for free. So the $600 2019 MF would count as a credit to the overall price when counting all in.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I bought mine back in 2018. Apparently that was the bargain year. I got mine for $100. I could have bought a lock off for the same and someone offered me a WKV Platinum 2BR for ten grand and I turned them down because I was blowing a ton of dough remodeling my house. I should have bought it and waited a year and sold it for 14k.
It seems that 2019 is when the prices started to really increase. I picked up 81K 2BR SVV weeks for $500 and $25 just a couple years ago.

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR

I will buy WKV for 10 grand if there is one right now. I've been looking for a while, WKV can rent very well or use it as starpoints if I decide to use for myself. Or I can use the 81k for 1 bed and still deposit the small 1br to trade. WKV definitely worth the dollars.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I will buy WKV for 10 grand if there is one right now. I've been looking for a while, WKV can rent very well or use it as starpoints if I decide to use for myself. Or I can use the 81k for 1 bed and still deposit the small 1br to trade. WKV definitely worth the dollars.
The problem is that there are others out there that will buy them right now for $12,000, others that will pay $14,000.

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The problem is that there are others out there that will buy them right now for $12,000, others that will pay $14,000.

That's why no one entertains my 10k offer yet. I'm still hoping by year end, someone might decides to unload quickly before MF dues.

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

jdent1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV Bella
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I also think that there are Platinum 2 bedroom SVV Bella units worth 95.7K staroptions (not a lock off). That gives you lower maintenance fee per Staroption. Same maintenance fee as the 81K two bedroom Bella. Somewhat hard to find.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I also think that there are Platinum 2 bedroom SVV Bella units worth 95.7K staroptions (not a lock off). That gives you lower maintenance fee per Staroption. Same maintenance fee as the 81K two bedroom Bella. Somewhat hard to find.
I am not aware of which this would be. The only 95.7K SO 2BR week I am aware of is the 2BR LO. There may be a 3BR High (Gold) season that is worth that as well.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
How many points is this unit? MF is $725/year?

carpie99

TUG Member
Reaction score
That one was a steal. They were even giving a $200 incentive. No need for that. This could have sold for several hundred dollars.

I absolutely love these SVV 1 bedroom platinums ... cheap enough maintenance fees to use as traders with ability to use staroptions if you want.

I have 2 in 2020:

1 traded into II for a 1 bedroom at WKROVN
1 traded with staroption into a gold season 1 bedroom in Lagunamar.

2 weeks in paradise for $576/week ... can't beat that!

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
There’s another 1BR SVV key west listed on eBay. I love this ownership for its low maintenance fee per staroption and trade power.

Last edited by a moderator:

carpie99

TUG Member
Reaction score
While I personally like these 44,000 units ... for 1 bedroom SO trades I would buy a SVV 81,000 point ownership (SVV 2 bedroom, platinum).