• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Vidanta Scam Twist?

qb_bc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just received a phone call from caller id "Stock Fund". They talked about an email sent out four months ago speaking of Vidanta ownership and getting 65 shares because we had not received return of investment that had been promised. They had contract ownership details including email and owners names.

Because I did not appear to be overly receptive the caller cut the call short and said they would email confirming I had turned down the shares.

Felt like a scam in the making. Be careful.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
......... speaking of Vidanta ownership and getting 65 shares because we had not received return of investment that had been promised...

They had contract ownership details including email and owners names

Felt like a scam in the making. Be careful.

1) There have been a couple of prior reports on TUG of the “ shares in Vidanta ownership”
terminology being used by scammers .

2j The owner details were obtained either by someone hacking Vidanta’s computer records OR
more likely a former employee selling information to scammers .

3) IT IS 100 % GUARANTEED A SCAM .

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
I had a reservation last Agust at Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta, a few days ago I recived a mail from someone who told me that he work for ICE and asked me if I want to make any change in my reservation contact to him, I didn’t answer because I already confirm my reservation with Vidanta.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I had a reservation last Agust at Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta, a few days ago I recived a mail from someone who told me that he work for ICE and asked me if I want to make any change in my reservation contact to him, I didn’t answer because I already confirm my reservation with Vidanta.

Hi Simon63 ,
ICE - International Cruise & Excursions - is a legitimate Vidanta “partner” , similar to the Vidanta - SFX
relationship.

I do not think the email to you was a scam .( assuming it was not a phishing email from someone pretending to be an ICE employee)

If you are a Vidanta owner - your contract may contain “ bonus week “programs .
ICE & SFX are often the “concierge / gatekeepers to using those weeks .

Last edited:

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
Hi, I eliminated the mail and could’t find it,I traveled trought an ice certificate, the mail did’t mention my name, it was from person name@ice.com, I never recived a mail like this in other ice reservations and until I know is not possible to make changes in this kind of certificates.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Be very careful with any cold contact from anyone about a stay down there. If you have any doubt, call the Vidanta reservation number and ask if they contacted you. If you reserved a week using an exchange service, including SFX or Vida Lifestyle (which is ICE), either contact them at a number you already know or still call the Vidanta reservation line, they'll be able to look up your reservation about 72 hours after you make it. There are way too many scammers out there....

davebmoore32

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Grupo Vidanta
As I posted previously, I was recently scammed and fell victim to the same "Stock Fund" phone call. I lost $18,600 as my "5% secure activation fee" to claim 205 shares valued at $1850/share with The Clearing House Inc. of NYC. Beware of this very well organized and convincing network of crooks.

DKST

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta, Diamond (bought by Hilton)
We received a call today from Sarah Falcone who said she worked for Trade Authority International. She asked if we had received a letter from Vidanta about the timeshare company going public. We were asked to call Vidanta financial office at a number she provided to get a Book #. The call was answered by Ana Ramirze who tried to get us to "take" a vacation instead of the shares. We declined and were given a Book #. At this point I got suspicious and Googled Vidanta scams and found this webpage. I called the Vidanta number on their webpage and was told this was a scam and they had no intention of going public. BEWARE!!!!

Slogun

Reaction score
My wife was contacted by Jakob Wells of Broker Union in NYC about Vidanta (Desarrollo Marina Vallarta S. A. de C. V.) going public very soon. Jakob was aggressive on the phone with her about Vidanta shares she needed to handle before the company goes public. I took over the conversation at that point.

Jakob gave me a phone number (888-997-7118) to Vidanta Corporate HQ and told me to speak to their Finance Department to get a Book Entry Number for our Vidanta shares. He suggested those shares that Vidanta wants to buy back from us before they go public are worth a lot of money. He said he couldn’t understand why we hadn’t taken action yet. He asked multiple times why we haven’t responded to Vidanta’s offers that were supposedly sent to us via certified mail and via email notifications, none of which we received. He asked if we could prove that we were never notified because he said he could make a case to Vidanta to cash out for us despite Vidanta’s nearly expired buy back deadline.

Jakob insisted we need to act quickly because of the nearly expired buy back timeline. I told him several times we weren’t aware of owning any shares in Vidanta. Nevertheless, I said I would call the number he provided to ask for the Book Entry Number. Jakob gave me his email address to send the number to (contact@union-broker.com) (he assured me it is his email address despite not having his name in the address) and his personal work phone number (914-223-7556). I called him back at that number shortly after we ended our conversation. It’s actually answered by a “receptionist” who routes the call to Jakob. During that second conversation, I asked Jakob what Broker Union gets out of helping us. He said, “well, of course, a commission,” and then he said until we know for sure that Vidanta will buy back our shares that any discussion of commission at this time is moot.

I called to number provided by Jakob. I was passed to the Vidanta Finance Department. They confirmed that Vidanta has an active buy back program and that they had tried to contact us at our old home address but hadn’t yet heard back from us. I asked how many shares we own and the current value of each share. I was told that they (that department) has no way of determining the number of shares we own but that this can be determined by our broker using the Book Entry Number associated with our shares. I was given this number and told that it represents the total of all shares across however many contracts we have with Vidanta. I was told the current value of each share is $635.25 per share. I was also told the buy back program ends on Aug 22. Additionally, I was told that Broker Union is a recognized company in NYC. Finally, I was told that certificates for our shares would be sent immediately via certified mail to our current home address, and that it typically takes 5-8 business days to arrive.

I did send the Book Entry Number to Jakob at the email address he provided. I haven’t yet heard back from him.

Frankly, this smells like the latest scam to come our way since we bought into Vidanta. Clearly, that company isn’t doing a particularly good job of protecting our information. Jakob knew a bit too much about our purchase, though in discussion it became clear his information was out of date. I would say there were many red flags popping up throughout my conversations with him. I called the number he provided out of curiosity, and sent the Book Entry Number to the email address he provided to see what happens next. Doing so strikes me as circular activity so far, giving them nothing they don’t already have.

Subsequent to this exchange with Jakob and the folks at the Vidanta number he provided, I researched online about Vidanta going public. As far as I can determine, it isn’t happening.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Replied to your other identical post. Total scam.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife was contacted by Jakob Wells of Broker Union in NYC about Vidanta (Desarrollo Marina Vallarta S. A. de C. V.) going public very soon. Jakob was aggressive on the phone with her about Vidanta shares she needed to handle before the company goes public. I took over the conversation at that point.

Jakob gave me a phone number (888-997-7118) to Vidanta Corporate HQ and told me to speak to their Finance Department to get a Book Entry Number for our Vidanta shares. He suggested those shares that Vidanta wants to buy back from us before they go public are worth a lot of money. He said he couldn’t understand why we hadn’t taken action yet. He asked multiple times why we haven’t responded to Vidanta’s offers that were supposedly sent to us via certified mail and via email notifications, none of which we received. He asked if we could prove that we were never notified because he said he could make a case to Vidanta to cash out for us despite Vidanta’s nearly expired buy back deadline.

Jakob insisted we need to act quickly because of the nearly expired buy back timeline. I told him several times we weren’t aware of owning any shares in Vidanta. Nevertheless, I said I would call the number he provided to ask for the Book Entry Number. Jakob gave me his email address to send the number to (contact@union-broker.com) (he assured me it is his email address despite not having his name in the address) and his personal work phone number (914-223-7556). I called him back at that number shortly after we ended our conversation. It’s actually answered by a “receptionist” who routes the call to Jakob. During that second conversation, I asked Jakob what Broker Union gets out of helping us. He said, “well, of course, a commission,” and then he said until we know for sure that Vidanta will buy back our shares that any discussion of commission at this time is moot.

I called to number provided by Jakob. I was passed to the Vidanta Finance Department. They confirmed that Vidanta has an active buy back program and that they had tried to contact us at our old home address but hadn’t yet heard back from us. I asked how many shares we own and the current value of each share. I was told that they (that department) has no way of determining the number of shares we own but that this can be determined by our broker using the Book Entry Number associated with our shares. I was given this number and told that it represents the total of all shares across however many contracts we have with Vidanta. I was told the current value of each share is $635.25 per share. I was also told the buy back program ends on Aug 22. Additionally, I was told that Broker Union is a recognized company in NYC. Finally, I was told that certificates for our shares would be sent immediately via certified mail to our current home address, and that it typically takes 5-8 business days to arrive.

I did send the Book Entry Number to Jakob at the email address he provided. I haven’t yet heard back from him.

Frankly, this smells like the latest scam to come our way since we bought into Vidanta. Clearly, that company isn’t doing a particularly good job of protecting our information. Jakob knew a bit too much about our purchase, though in discussion it became clear his information was out of date. I would say there were many red flags popping up throughout my conversations with him. I called the number he provided out of curiosity, and sent the Book Entry Number to the email address he provided to see what happens next. Doing so strikes me as circular activity so far, giving them nothing they don’t already have.

Subsequent to this exchange with Jakob and the folks at the Vidanta number he provided, I researched online about Vidanta going public. As far as I can determine, it isn’t happening.

This is nothing but an elaborate scam to at some point lighten your wallet.........

Tell them to send you $50,000 in cash and then you'll be happy to relinquish your week. Watch how fast they hang up on you.........

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
@Slogun
The "Vidanta Shares" cold call is a SCAM.
End contact with them

Last edited: