• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2019 Current List of HGVC Authorized Resellers

Bmoe

Reaction score
Hi didn't see this stickied anywhere but I hear the only way HGVC recognizes points towards elite status is buy purchasing direct or through authorized resellers. Is this still accurate?

Sounds a bit off -topic to the thread title I know but it's actually driving what I'm about to ask ( in regards to thread title). Do we have a list of authorized hgvc resellers?

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I see this is your first post to TUG.
Whether trolling or legitimately curious, here's a stab at the question:

That was true at one time, but not anymore.
HGVC closed the door on "authorized" resellers and elite thru resale.
There are some HGVC resale offices at affiliates managed by HGVC.
But even that has don't work no more, 'cept for Scotland TS's (IIRC).

Bmoe

Reaction score
I see this is your first post to TUG.
Whether trolling or legitimately curious, here's a stab at the question:

That was true at one time, but not anymore.
HGVC closed the door on "authorized" resellers and elite thru resale.
Ok thanks. Will Hilton at least merge point balances if you have let's say one timeshare bought direct and one through a reseller? Just trying to get current information.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Ok thanks. Will Hilton at least merge point balances if you have let's say one timeshare bought direct and one through a reseller? Just trying to get current information.

Yes, points from multiple purchases will merge that you can use for club bookings.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

I believe others have reported that some resale offices still do. I remember reading a reference to the Florida affiliates.

@Bmoe, please be aware that you have to own a minimum of 14,000 Club Points to meet the lowest HGVC Elite level status. Most folks will tell you it’s not worth it.

Bmoe

Reaction score
I believe others have reported that some resale offices still do. I remember reading a reference to the Florida affiliates.

@Bmoe, please be aware that you have to own a minimum of 14,000 Club Points to meet the lowest HGVC Elite level status. Most folks will tell you it’s not worth it.
Thanks I assume because the MFs outweigh the perks?

pianodinosaur

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
Hi didn't see this stickied anywhere but I hear the only way HGVC recognizes points towards elite status is buy purchasing direct or through authorized resellers. Is this still accurate?

Sounds a bit off -topic to the thread title I know but it's actually driving what I'm about to ask ( in regards to thread title). Do we have a list of authorized hgvc resellers?

Welcome to TUG!

The official party line one the members manual is that only units purchased directly from HGVC count towards Elite Status. I can assure you as an Elite Plus ember that the benefits are not worth the extra cost. However, timeshare developers do not build new resorts without the intent of selling them retail. I learned about the resale market after joining TUG. If you check out EBAY under HGVC timeshares for sale you will discover several reputable and experienced dealers.

Most of us at TUG enjoy timesharing. The TUG reviews are an excellent source of information prior to any exchange. Most of us have had an excellent experience with HGVC as well. My biggest concern is that HGVC may be purchased by APOLLO. You will find plenty of speculation about that on TUG as well.

Good luck.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks I assume because the MFs outweigh the perks?

Nope, not the MFs. Those are the same whether resale or direct. It's about the buy-in cost. The differential there (direct vs. resale) is considered not to justify the benefits.

Nothing wrong with having 14K (or more) points :)

Cheers.

Last edited:

terces

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC LVB x3, Sandos Mexico for RCI points

I think "merge" is not really accurate. Your ownership of individual HGVC TS's stay under their individual title, but all of your points are together in one single Club account, (whether you bought resale or retail) and therefore you only pay one administration fee per year (which is in addition to your annual Maintenance Fees). With all points together it is then easy to make bookings using as many or as few of your available points as you need.

Bmoe

Reaction score
I think "merge" is not really accurate. Your ownership of individual HGVC TS's stay under their individual title, but all of your points are together in one single Club account, (whether you bought resale or retail) and therefore you only pay one administration fee per year (which is in addition to your annual Maintenance Fees). With all points together it is then easy to make bookings using as many or as few of your available points as you need.
But still have to pay MFs per TS correct?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Here is one for Scotland.

e8f749c36b7b1bdb8103fb9ba87f13ef.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
But still have to pay MFs per TS correct?
Yes, you will get a bill for each TS deed you own for the MFs. For example, I personally own four deeds. At the end of the year, I have four MF bills but only one of those bills includes the $170(?) HGVC membership fee. When I log into my online account, the points from all four deeds are "merged" together to show my available 2019, 2020, 2021 points, etc.

Kurt

Bmoe

Reaction score
Here is one for Scotland.

e8f749c36b7b1bdb8103fb9ba87f13ef.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I think I've seen that contact floating around here. Do they have high point value properties for cheap? Thought I saw some posts when searching about how they specialize in that

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score

If one owns "regular" HGVC points as well as By Hilton Club (bHC) points, then there are two pools. With multiple BHC ownerships at different places (we don't have that, so this is conjecture), it could get even more strange for use.

Cheers.

Bmoe

Reaction score
Yes, you will get a bill for each TS deed you own for the MFs. For example, I personally own four deeds. At the end of the year, I have four MF bills but only one of those bills includes the $170(?) HGVC membership fee. When I log into my online account, the points from all four deeds are "merged" together to show my available 2019, 2020, 2021 points, etc.

Kurt
Surely you could find one timeshare with equivalent or more points and lower maintenance fees? Just found it odd you have four of them.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
If one owns "regular" HGVC points as well as By Hilton Club (bHC) points, then there are two pools. With multiple BHC ownerships at different places (we don't have that, so this is conjecture), it could get even more strange for use.

Cheers.
Not anymore. I got my accounts merged earlier this year. Other posters on tug informed me that hgvc combined their accounts(bay club and regular hgvc) years ago.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Surely you could find one timeshare with equivalent or more points and lower maintenance fees? Just found it odd you have four of them.
I probably could, but you don't have to call me Shirley. ;)

Actually, we own 34,800 points. Very hard to amass that amount of points with a single deed. The only deeds close to that are the mega deeds in Hawaii, and the buy-in cost of something like that would be way more than what I have paid.

Second, we own 3 fixed week deeds that we use -- two on Marco Island and one ski week at Valdoro. Without owning those specific fixed weeks, we could never be guaranteed a vacation at those locations at those times, no matter how many points we own.

All of my deeds are Platinum weeks, and we are very happy with the MF/point we pay. Could it be lower? Yes, a little bit, but not without giving up our fixed weeks. We certainly pay less per point than many owners who get suckered into buying low-point deeds at high MF locations.

Kurt

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not anymore. I got my accounts merged earlier this year. Other posters on tug informed me that hgvc combined their accounts(bay club and regular hgvc) years ago.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Apologies as I was not clear. Same account, but separate point pools.

Cheers.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think I've seen that contact floating around here. Do they have high point value properties for cheap?
The highest point deeds at any of the Scotland properties is 9600 points (either a 3BR plus or a 2BR Premier unit). Not sure how easy they are to find on the resale market.

Kurt

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Apologies as I was not clear. Same account, but separate point pools.

Cheers.
I used to have two accounts and it was a pain to have to remember to call and move the points to the primary membership. Then some years have to call and fight the club fees that post to both accounts. The funny thing is some years I would only have a billing for club fee on one account and not the other. Some years, I would get billed for each account and have to call to get one removed.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

pianodinosaur

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge

Welcome to TUG!

The official party line one the members manual is that only units purchased directly from HGVC count towards Elite Status. I can assure you as an Elite Plus ember that the benefits are not worth the extra cost. However, timeshare developers do not build new resorts without the intent of selling them retail. I learned about the resale market after joining TUG. If you check out EBAY under HGVC timeshares for sale you will discover several reputable and experienced dealers.

Most of us at TUG enjoy timesharing. The TUG reviews are an excellent source of information prior to any exchange. Most of us have had an excellent experience with HGVC as well.

hdins

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
NYC
I recently was interested in upgrading one of my Scotland from an authorized re-seller contracts to ownership into a new HGVC resort. I was told that HGVC would not allow any of those contract back into any other resorts.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I recently was interested in upgrading one of my Scotland from an authorized re-seller contracts to ownership into a new HGVC resort. I was told that HGVC would not allow any of those contract back into any other resorts.

I believe that the issue is not how your TS was acquired, but rather, the resort where it is located. HGVC reportedly will not accept an upgrade/ trade in from affiliates or from 'fee for service' resorts which may be treated like HGVC but are only operated by HGVC. Thus, you must own at a "true" HGVC resort.