• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

KL 2BR vs 2BP

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
My apologies if this has been answered in another thread. I did a search and didn't find anything explaining the differences.

I'm planning to book a 2 bedroom at Kings' Land next summer and the 9 month window opens soon for the time we want to go.

My question is what is the difference between a 2 bedroom (2BR) vs a 2 bedroom plus (2BP) if they are both on the first floor? What makes the plus unit worth the extra points, if both units are on the first floor?

Thank you very much for any insight. The HGVC website is painfully useless in their unit descriptions.

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
Check the sticky on detailed resort info. It shows the phases and floor plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
My question is what is the difference between a 2 bedroom (2BR) vs a 2 bedroom plus (2BP) if they are both on the first floor? What makes the plus unit worth the extra points, if both units are on the first floor?

I booked a 2BP last year requesting a 2nd floor and I am an Elite member. I did NOT get a 2nd Floor unit.

Plus are either 2nd floors or closer to amenities. I was closer to the quiet pool, without having a view of it. They disregarded my request even as an elite.

I had a better room and view at this resort when I stayed as an RCI inbound. (That was before the resort fees on RCI exchanges, I ended up with what I know now is a 2 BR Premium Room on the 3rd floor with a view of the quiet pool, the golf course and an ocean glimpse in the distance.

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
Hi,
Yes, I reviewed the 'sticky' and I still don't see a difference. I may be looking in the wrong place. As far as I can tell, room codes 2BR and 2BP are both in Phase 1 and have the same square footage. So, why the different points if they are the same size and on the same 1st floor?

I don't mean to be dense but I'm having difficulty finding a description/explanation about the differences between these two units.

Thanks

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Let ME REPEAT.....

Plus are either 2nd floors or closer to amenities

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
I guess I should've called the resort first.

Here is what I was told:

The 2 bedroom plus (2BP) 1st floor units are only in Bldg 1-4 because the 2 bedroom units in those buildings were all sold as "Plus" and "Premier" units, no standard 2 bedroom units.

First floor 2 bedroom units in Bldg 5-11 are all standard 2 bedrooms with room code (2BR)

Hope this helps others who are wondering the difference between 1st floor 2BR vs 2BP.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The 2 bedroom plus (2BP) 1st floor units are only in Bldg 1-4 because the 2 bedroom units in those buildings were all sold as "Plus" and "Premier" units, no standard 2 bedroom units.

First floor 2 bedroom units in Bldg 5-11 are all standard 2 bedrooms with room code (2BR)

@GT75 can we update the KL posting to include this.....

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Of course. I will do it now. Thanks.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Check the update to ensure that it is clear to everyone. Thanks to everyone for figuring this out.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
It’s too bad that Hilton doesn’t provide this kind of information on the HGVC website for each resort. It should not be that difficult to figure out what the room is that you’re looking at booking.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It’s too bad that Hilton doesn’t provide this kind of information on the HGVC website for each resort. It should not be that difficult to figure out what the room is that you’re looking at booking.

That is why I thank @GT75 for his efforts at gathering up all our collective knowledge about the resorts, and getting it into one Sticky.

We do have plenty of resorts where we do not have info on. So as I go to one of those resorts or as I see that someone has posted info about a resort I try to ensure we have captured it, as I am sure @GT75 does to.

If you have knowledge about a resort that the sticky has little or NO documentation on, feel free to contribute a post about rooms or codes or the resort in general that is NOT available on the HGVC website.

mentalbreak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let ME REPEAT.....

Plus are either 2nd floors or closer to amenities

Hello all,

I am looking forward to my first visit to Hawaii with an RCI exchange into HCVC Kings’ Land. I have reviewed the sticky information, maps, and tried to search threads but still have some questions.

Since I have an RCI exchange (I believe from a bulk deposit since when we booked 16 months ago a bunch of units appeared together), I am expecting that I do not have a Plus unit.

RCI has two types of 2BRs listed. One with 6/4 (max/privacy) occupancy, 1269 sf, and 1+3/4 bath. This is what we have. The other option is 6/6 2BR with 2 full baths and no sf.

My questions are:
1. Am I correct that we are likely in the Phase I/III-type 2BR layout?
2. Is there any recommendation on how to effectively request a unit with proximity to amenities as #1 priority?
3. Understand that as RCI exchangers, we get what we get and we don’t throw a fit. Hey, we’re in Hawaii! So if we do end up in far away buildings, how long is the hike to the main amenities? Is it a safe walk? Are you allowed to drive up to the main area and is there parking available? Is a shuttle within the Kings’ Land resort a possibility?

Thanks all! Have already learned so much from this site and really looking forward to this vacation.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Hello all,

I am looking forward to my first visit to Hawaii with an RCI exchange into HCVC Kings’ Land. I have reviewed the sticky information, maps, and tried to search threads but still have some questions.

Since I have an RCI exchange (I believe from a bulk deposit since when we booked 16 months ago a bunch of units appeared together), I am expecting that I do not have a Plus unit.

RCI has two types of 2BRs listed. One with 6/4 (max/privacy) occupancy, 1269 sf, and 1+3/4 bath. This is what we have. The other option is 6/6 2BR with 2 full baths and no sf.

My questions are:
1. Am I correct that we are likely in the Phase I/III-type 2BR layout?
2. Is there any recommendation on how to effectively request a unit with proximity to amenities as #1 priority?
3. Understand that as RCI exchangers, we get what we get and we don’t throw a fit. Hey, we’re in Hawaii! So if we do end up in far away buildings, how long is the hike to the main amenities? Is it a safe walk? Are you allowed to drive up to the main area and is there parking available? Is a shuttle within the Kings’ Land resort a possibility?

Thanks all! Have already learned so much from this site and really looking forward to this vacation.

#1 you are correct, the phase 2 units are 950sq ft for 2br.

#2 units are assigned about 2 weeks before arrival, you could try calling the resort and put in a request but its been my experience RCI exchanges are put in the outer buildings.

#3. its not far at all to the clubhouse and main pool, 5 min walk or you could take your car and park near the clubhouse. There are smaller pools also, one near newer bldg 23/24 and between 2/3 in phase 1. The shuttle would not be convenient for going to the clubhouse, it starts its route there, picks up at several of the outer buildings then goes to Kohala, Bay Club, the hotel, Kings Market then Queens Market before returning.

I’ll be there in 2 weeks as an owner and I booked a phase 2. I actually prefer being across the street from the clubhouse and I don’t bother calling to request a room. All the Kings Land units have golf course views except some of the newer 1 br face parking lot, even that is not a bad view since its nicely landscaped and the cars are not right up to the building.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

mentalbreak

TUG Member
Reaction score
#1 you are correct, the phase 2 units are 950sq ft for 2br.

#2 units are assigned about 2 weeks before arrival, you could try calling the resort and put in a request but its been my experience RCI exchanges are put in the outer buildings.

#3. its not far at all to the clubhouse and main pool, 5 min walk or you could take your car and park near the clubhouse. There are smaller pools also, one near newer bldg 23/24 and between 2/3 in phase 1. The shuttle would not be convenient for going to the clubhouse, it starts its route there, picks up at several of the outer buildings then goes to Kohala, Bay Club, the hotel, Kings Market then Queens Market before returning.

I’ll be there in 2 weeks as an owner and I booked a phase 2. I actually prefer being across the street from the clubhouse and I don’t bother calling to request a room. All the Kings Land units have golf course views except some of the newer 1 br face parking lot, even that is not a bad view since its nicely landscaped and the cars are not right up to the building.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you SmithOp, that is all reassuring and I’m not going to bother calling. I was worried based on some other comments.
2.5 weeks to check-in for us!

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My experience is that RCI GETS a lot of Plus and some Premier units as HGVC members do not pay for those units. The last time I stayed here on an RCI exchange I ended up with a Premier unit.