• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta Kingdom of the Sun contracts

mosab

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're presently at the GM in Puerto Penasco and were offered to move from a GL 2bdm to a 1bdrm terrace suite in the park, with rights to continue using the Luxxe units. Has anyone on Tug thread had any discussions with Vidanta about the park accommodations.
Thx for any feedback

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Doesn't really sound like an upgrade to me. There are some nice aspects to the contracts they write on those, but some aspects are problematic. For example, unless you get an addendum that allows it, the bonus weeks don't allow use in the parks and there's really only one registered week in the 10-year contract. They act a bit strapped for cash, so it might be worth doing if you rescind and renegotiate for some good benefits, but the Parks keeps getting pushed back for an opening date.

mosab

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was wondering about the one contract week. They said there would be 2 Visa wks and 2 privilege wks, those are listed on the sfx paperwk.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Vida weeks are the same as SFX bonus weeks that you can't use back to Vidanta. Privilege weeks are similar, but you can use back at Vidanta. They only really have value of you want to go somewhere SFX gets a lot of inventory.

I'm assuming they offered you a standard 1+2 contract, which for KoS has the 10 year contract for 1 registered week plus 9 alternate year weeks and the 10 year renewable certificate for Grand sister resort weeks, which you could use out of the Park only. Bottom line is that if you upgraded a GL 2 BR contract to what they offered, all you would be getting is the ability to stay in a 1 BR KoS park terrace unit each year for ten years (once the Parks opens) instead of using your current 2 BR GL with that week, unless you want to stay there anyway. Still a couple years left until it opens, so it amounts to an option on staying in the Parks maybe 8 times plus moving out the beginning of your current don't however many years it's been since you bought. Seems like a very marginal value proposition unless they throw in a lot of benefits you actually want like free golf, free massages, etc. They're building a ton of rooms in there and will have them in II, so I'd give it a hard long think and very likely decline of I were you unless they sweeten the pot in some other way that works for you.

mosab

TUG Member
Reaction score
The main perks as I see it is the 1.5 park entrance fee for 7days entrance. The ability to stay in two bedroom inventory from the Lux down, moving our renewal fee moves from the two bedroom GL to a 1 bedroom patio in the park. All addendums move with the contract such as golf, or sr certificate and add bk the spa messages. We'd have 5 wks which include the Vida a privileges wks.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
.....All addendums move with the contract such as golf, or sr certificate and add bk the spa messages. We'd have 5 wks which include the Vida a privileges wks.

1) I don't think your addendums are usable on Privilege or other similar weeks .
2) also : your addendums may not continue once the initial registered week / 10 year period is completed .

I would rescind / and perhaps have a further discussion with member services regarding these details .

mosab

TUG Member
Reaction score
T-Dot thanks for your input. We've been discussing the contract between us and are leaning towards rescinding tomorrow. We met a second time with the sales rep today he answered a couple concerns we had but a nagging feeling is still there and are beginning to feel this really isn't in our best interest. I want to thank you and Eric B for your advice!

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You’re welcome! BTW, even if you’re interested in the additional benefits, you always do better rescinding and renegotiating with Member Services.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
T-Dot is right about using the Sr. Certs, Golf & Massages. If you use a Privilege week or Bonus week, you do not get to use those. Also if you exchange down, you do not get to use those. When you exchange in there are other fees and you are not treated as well as an owner.

If you still have that nagging feeling - do rescind. there will always be more upgrade opportunities. :)

Since you are at PP, how are they progressing on the large middle building? They have had that under construction for 12+ years. what are they saying it is going to be now? At first it was more MP units, then they added supports to add the larger balconies for GM, but built it in another building.

Last edited:

StructureGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta
I upgraded from a 1 bedroom Junior Suite Deluxxe Club Level unit to a 2 bedroom Loft Park Terrace unit in February 2019.
I got;
=> One registered week for 10 years not renewable. IF the Parks phase 1 is actually finished in February 2022 as some folks predict, then I'll have maybe 7 years to use this unit.
=> Two residence weeks for 10 years renewable every 10 years for a fee of 2 usage fees. These are called "Sister Resort Weeks" and I can't use the residence weeks to stay inside the Parks.
=> Two privilege weeks through SFX. I was told this can be used 2 times total (not 2 per year) to get back into a Vidanta resort. They can not be banked with SFX to go to another resort. The privilege weeks expire in one year but can be reinstated for a fee.

My salesman said that there are only 12 total Loft Park Terrace units planned. But, as always, I can only get in "subject to availability" and I have to wonder how that will work out for me in the 7 or less years I have left.

mosab

TUG Member
Reaction score
T-Dot is right about using the Sr. Certs, Golf & Massages. If you use a Privilege week or Bonus week, you do not get to use those. Also if you exchange down, you do not get to use those. When you exchange in there are other fees and you are not treated as well as an owner.

If you still have that nagging feeling - do rescind. there will always be more upgrade opportunities. :)

Since you are at PP, how are they progressing on the large middle building? They have had that under construction for 12+ years. what are they saying it is going to be now? At first it was more MP units, then they added supports to add the larger balconies for GM, but built it in another building.
The sales rep said it is suppose to be a Grand Luxxe and it should be done in 18mos. I question that 'cause there are very few workers on it since we've been here. He also said the H2O park location has been moved from north of the GM (which would have required moving the golf holes closest to the GM) to north of the MP which will require moving guest check-in to some location I believe NW of the present location. The timeframe given was 2yrs, but no visible action taking place.
As far as resinding, I have a 10:30 meeting tomorrow 4 that purpose.

mosab

TUG Member
Reaction score
I upgraded from a 1 bedroom Junior Suite Deluxxe Club Level unit to a 2 bedroom Loft Park Terrace unit in February 2019.
I got;
=> One registered week for 10 years not renewable. IF the Parks phase 1 is actually finished in February 2022 as some folks predict, then I'll have maybe 7 years to use this unit.
=> Two residence weeks for 10 years renewable every 10 years for a fee of 2 usage fees. These are called "Sister Resort Weeks" and I can't use the residence weeks to stay inside the Parks.
=> Two privilege weeks through SFX. I was told this can be used 2 times total (not 2 per year) to get back into a Vidanta resort. They can not be banked with SFX to go to another resort. The privilege weeks expire in one year but can be reinstated for a fee.

My salesman said that there are only 12 total Loft Park Terrace units planned. But, as always, I can only get in "subject to availability" and I have to wonder how that will work out for me in the 7 or less years I have left.
I guess this is typical, I was told there were no two bdrm terrace units in the park, unless he meant no 2bdrm inventory left-that's not how it was worded. With SFX the new contract had 2 Vida wks for use to go to other locals via SFX but not into Vidanta, and 2 privilege wks that could be used to go bk to Vidanta. No mention these were only two times, they were to be renewable. But there was no mention the addendums could not be used with these wks. We were told we had to book the terrace once by 22 and then we had the sister resort option including all 2bdrm option in the GL down and the renewal fee every 10 yrs would be 1/2 the terrace 1bdm MF for each of our 2wks.

mosab

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just an update, we did follow through and cancel. It took a while with a few adulterations to the original offer being presented. The final offer was to keep the contract $ the same but move from 1bdtm terrace to a 2bd terrace. In the end the total $ was too much. We were given the cancellation ltr and all ended well from our view point.