• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

We Tasted 9 Chocolate lce Creams, And Our Favorite Will Surprise You

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
So Publix chocolate came out number one. That is surprising, but I remember their praline ice cream, which was so good.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
The Publix Premium Moosetracks is a favorite at our home.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think Publix is an East Coast- maybe even S.E. regional market. We don't have them 'out west'. So I'll toss my hat in with the Tillamook. Darn good ice cream. We have some local dairies that make small batches for one-location shops that are arguably better, but it's all subjective. The worst chocolate ice cream I've ever tasted was still pretty good. :)

Jim

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I can't bring myself to buy Tillamook, even with a coupon, because it is more expensive than Dryer's which we love and is regularly on sale.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
I discovered Tillamook ice cream
a few months ago. Made in Oregon with local cows. OMG best ice cream ever!! Our local grocery store carries it so distribution is pretty good. Give it a try!
Hi Beachclubmum,

A few years ago my wife and I, along with my son, his wife and their young daughter visited the Tillamook Cheese Factory and Creamery in Tillamook, Oregon. While touring the factory, visitors can observe cheese and ice cream being made. Near the assembly line was an ice cream shop that was selling ice cream that had been made from milk that had been harvested early that morning. Wow! What flavorful ice cream. It was a real treat
and became my favorite ice cream. I highly recomend a visit to the Tillamook Cheese Factory and Creamery.

https://www.oregon.com/attractions/tillamook-cheese-factory.

Richard

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I just love to go to Twistee Treat in Orlando. I think I can pretty much blame that ice cream for about 5 of my pounds I am working to lose currently. :)

Dori

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Our favourite here in Ontario is Kawartha Dairy ice cream. They have the most delicious flavours!

dori

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
My favorite is the Dark Chocolate from the Moo Thru in Remington, VA. A bit out of the way, but along th road to Massanutten for me. They periodically make a fabulous Whiskey Caramel, too, and have a 50% discount for military and first responders.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Publix Chocolate Trinity (chocolate w/ fudge +fudge cups) is my religion.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
I discovered Tillamook ice cream
a few months ago. Made in Oregon with local cows. OMG best ice cream ever!! Our local grocery store carries it so distribution is pretty good. Give it a try!

I think the best ice cream I've ever had was on Guernsey in the Channel Islands...made from the milk of Guernsey cows! High in butter fat and soooo smooth and tasty.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
The best vanilla ice cream I've ever had was in Hakodate Hokkaido Japan. Creamy enough, but so flavorful. Those Hokkaido cows are known for their milk too.

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will take any frozen custard over any of the above. I love Tillamook and was an ice cream fanatic even driving over 200 miles once just to have this special double dark chocolate that was only sold in Dreyers owned shops. Some Dreyer products are reserved for these shops only. This shop was in the town above Palm Springs and we had it two years before. After driving the two hundred miles we found out the day we went is when they are closed each week.
Since that time I was introduced to Andy's frozen custard. Now, when we travel the first thing I research is if any frozen custard stands are in the area. Oh, and I'm not talking about Dreyers frozen custard sold in grocery stores because it just tastes like a substandard ice cream.
Bart

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok ... my ice cream preference. My paternal grandparents had a 'old' farm with dairy cows .. with milk bottles (Strawberry Vale Farm) and paper tabs.. The raw milk was the only milk I drunk til I started school. But milk at home was still from the grandparents' cows .. til I was about 15.

And for every birthday and holiday, they made homemade ice cream. They DID NOT ever buy store made ice cream. And they also made a 'killer' chocolate sauce which was served HOT.

Between my siblings and my 1st cousins (the 10 of us), we all still talk about that homemade ice cream and chocolate sauce at our grandparents' farm at all the family dinners (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter and family birthdays).

The worst of the milk ... when Spring came and cows were put out to pasture .... the milk then 'tasted' funny (grassy like).