• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Heading to Clearwater and Bonnet Creek: Which offers better "Gifts"

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
The best gift would be the resort that left me alone to enjoy my vacation and didn't even ask about attending any updates, presentations, breakfasts, lunches, or surveys!

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just can't pass up the opportunity to begin my vacation with an extra $100 or more just for listening to a sales person for an hour or two. I consider it as reducing my Maintenance Fee by that amount. But I do completely understand those who feel exactly the opposite.

That's really no different than the boss that always asked me to work for an hour every morning on my vacations. It defeats the purpose and ruins the vacation. I'd rather enjoy my days off without the aggravation.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
The best gift would be the resort that left me alone to enjoy my vacation and didn't even ask about attending any updates, presentations, breakfasts, lunches, or surveys!
Good luck with that thought. The resorts make their money and are built on high pressure sales. Plus where would the resale deeds at $0 come from if they didn't sell developer deeds.

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Good luck with that thought. The resorts make their money and are built on high pressure sales. Plus where would the resale deeds at $0 come from if they didn't sell developer deeds.

I've gotten to the point where I don't even go to the parking pass/sales desks at the resorts where it doesn't matter. And when I go to the sales desk at those resorts where you do need a parking card or pass because the parking is tight and monitored, I announce that "I'm not attending any presentations, owner updates, breakfasts, lunches, or surveys. I will not respond to any further questions about this and will not discuss it any further." They usually respond with "Oh, did you have a bad experience?" At which point I glare and them and say "I just said that I'm not discussing this any further!" Then I don't say another word and they start acting embarrassed and give my my parking pass. Also, if they don't leave me alone, I have been known to start shouting at them that I've asked to be left alone but they keep harassing me. That shuts them up fast.

Also, I have resale, but I know where those come from. So when they're nice, I keep my mouth shut unless someone asks. But when they're rude or don't leave me alone, I have no problems telling the people on the tours that I bought resale for pennies on the dollar compared to what they are being asked to pay. They don't like it when I do that...

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
I've gotten to the point where I don't even go to the parking pass/sales desks at the resorts where it doesn't matter. And when I go to the sales desk at those resorts where you do need a parking card or pass because the parking is tight and monitored, I announce that "I'm not attending any presentations, owner updates, breakfasts, lunches, or surveys. I will not respond to any further questions about this and will not discuss it any further." They usually respond with "Oh, did you have a bad experience?" At which point I glare and them and say "I just said that I'm not discussing this any further!" Then I don't say another word and they start acting embarrassed and give my my parking pass. Also, if they don't leave me alone, I have been known to start shouting at them that I've asked to be left alone but they keep harassing me. That shuts them up fast.

Also, I have resale, but I know where those come from. So when they're nice, I keep my mouth shut unless someone asks. But when they're rude or don't leave me alone, I have no problems telling the people on the tours that I bought resale for pennies on the dollar compared to what they are being asked to pay. They don't like it when I do that...

Those people do have to make a quota and are hourly employees. If you don't want to go you could just tell them you are aware of their quota, but there's literally no chance in hell you would every subject yourself to the torture of a sales pitch at any price and will be unplugging your phone for the duration of your stay as well.

Those people are trained to rebuttle you. They don't like doing it, they just don't possess the skills required for a better job.

As a teacher, I'm not allowed to fail a 16 year old without having made *proper* parent contact. I don't care to be a helicopter over a kid 2 years from being an adult, but I still have to make an "attempt" to communicate even though I have at least 20 grades in the grade book with 10 of them being assessments that the parent can access at any time. Contacting these kids parents have NEVER prevented the kid from failing. The fact that the kid has a 7th grade math level should be indicative enough that they're going to fail Chemistry.

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Those people do have to make a quota and are hourly employees. If you don't want to go you could just tell them you are aware of their quota, but there's literally no chance in hell you would every subject yourself to the torture of a sales pitch at any price and will be unplugging your phone for the duration of your stay as well.

Those people are trained to rebuttle you. They don't like doing it, they just don't possess the skills required for a better job.

As a teacher, I'm not allowed to fail a 16 year old without having made *proper* parent contact. I don't care to be a helicopter over a kid 2 years from being an adult, but I still have to make an "attempt" to communicate even though I have at least 20 grades in the grade book with 10 of them being assessments that the parent can access at any time. Contacting these kids parents have NEVER prevented the kid from failing. The fact that the kid has a 7th grade math level should be indicative enough that they're going to fail Chemistry.
These parking pass positions are all part of the sales team. They are trained to convince as many unsuspecting prospects as possible to attend whatever they call it that given day. Some may eventually work their way up to a sales position making 6 figures selling developer points.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
I don't think these salesmen make 6 figures. I'm pretty sure its 40k to 60k for like 90% of then with really high turn over.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think these salesmen make 6 figures. I'm pretty sure its 40k to 60k for like 90% of then with really high turn over.
Wyndham sales representative: Salary
Based on 27 salaries
Year
Month
Week
Hour
$140,000
/ Year
The average Wyndham Sales Representative salary in USA is $140,000 per year or $71.79 per hour. Entry level positions start at $62,563 per year while most experienced workers make up to $156,750 per year.

Median
$140,000
salarygraph.png

Low
$62,563
High
$156,750
Wyndham sales representative salaries

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
Damn if only I didnt have a conscience....

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Damn if only I didnt have a conscience....
I don't care of how much money they paid I couldn't do that job. I compare it to Selling your soul to the devil. Every time I go to a resort and I see the young couples being paraded off to the sales Meeting it's just hard for me not to Tell them they could buy a resale deed for pennies on the dollar.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
They were more predatory when I had my husband and 4 year old. They tried to guilt us into "providing for" our daughter. I said she had my math sense and would find a way to get everything cheaper than everyone else just as her mother does. Now I just say I'm unmarried, solo it, and use the gift cards to pay my Verizon bill. I haven't had to make a payment since June lol.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
My uncle is on the do not invite list and yesterday he decided to accept a invitation to a owner appreciation presentation. No $ gift involved. The sales person was going to update him on the new Privileges program but instead tried to sell him a additional 105,000 points at a bargain price of only $23k. Of course there was some Wyndham math involved to daze and confuse. Turn in the existing 315,000 points that are grandfathered in at VIP Silver and buy a new ownership of 420,000 points still silver VIP but at Champion Level in the new privileges program. They would credit the initial purchase price cost of the 315,000 points and only charge $138/1000 on the total of the 420,000 purchase. The math works great for Wyndham seeing Uncle paid $80/1000 on the initial 315,000 points- subtract 25k. The sales member said he wouldn't need to take a commission on this deal - subtract another 10k. The Wyndham math on this deal is a purchase price of 23k or $219/1000 on the additional 105,000 points resulting in no additional VIP benefits. I have been told Wyndham does help owners but this is plan old Wyndham math at its finest.

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
Wyndham math is worse than Enron math.