• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Tuna class action lawsuit Get $25 cash or $50 tuna

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
For those who got the coupon, but haven't yet cashed it in, you have to buy at least 3 Starkist items then the $5.03 is taken off your total grocery bill. At my neighborhood Kroger outlet those pouches are $1.00 each and 6 oz cans of chunk light in water are $.95, so you still pocket about $2.00 net. A fur piece from $50! Hope the lawyers choke on their tuna (JK).

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
For those who got the coupon, but haven't yet cashed it in, you have to buy at least 3 Starkist items then the $5.03 is taken off your total grocery bill. At my neighborhood Kroger outlet those pouches are $1.00 each and 6 oz cans of chunk light in water are $.95, so you still pocket about $2.00 net. A fur piece from $50! Hope the lawyers choke on their tuna (JK).

Thanks for the tip! I was wondering exactly how it works.

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Hey, remember this? I (finally) got a coupon for $5.03, good if I use it to buy 3 cans/envelopes of tuna. OK, so it isn't $50, or $25, or even a check, but it is SOMETHING. And didn't cost anything to apply. And it only took 4 YEARS! Sheesh!

Jim

Yep . . . got ours earlier this week too . . . same $5.03 coupon.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I always buy Kirkland solid Albacore and didn't give a thought today to which 3 Starkist products to buy to cash in my coupon (wouldn't want them to run out of money). So I went cheap and put the 'Chunk Light' in my basket. DON'T DO THAT. The stuff is virtually pureed! I suppose you could dump it in a seive for a while to drain and solidify it some, but my remaining can is going back. It's AWFUL! I've seen more appetizing cat food.

Jim

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I always buy Kirkland solid Albacore and didn't give a thought today to which 3 Starkist products to buy to cash in my coupon (wouldn't want them to run out of money). So I went cheap and put the 'Chunk Light' in my basket. DON'T DO THAT. The stuff is virtually pureed! I suppose you could dump it in a seive for a while to drain and solidify it some, but my remaining can is going back. It's AWFUL! I've seen more appetizing cat food.

Jim

Agreed . . . solid white is the way to go.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Resurrecting this thread to report I just received a colossal check for $2.38.

Cheers

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
and to think they probably spent another .53 cents to mail each one! (not including the cost of printing and envelope stuffing)

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
My check for $2.38 arrived today too. I wonder how much the law firm got!

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I'm still waiting for my check.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't recall the terms of the settlement agreement, but I'm curious why some of us got the coupon for $5.03 off a purchase rather than the $2.38 check? I'm happy with what we got and used, just curious.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did anyone get BOTH the $5.03 coupon AND the $2.38 check? I wondered if it is an either/or situation. Not that it comes anywhere close to the carrot they dangled in front of us at the outset- or makes anyone's Christmas any brighter.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't recall the terms of the settlement agreement, but I'm curious why some of us got the coupon for $5.03 off a purchase rather than the $2.38 check? I'm happy with what we got and used, just curious.

My recollection is that we made the choice when we filed. It was one or the other...

George

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Not that it comes anywhere close to the carrot they dangled in front of us at the outset- or makes anyone's Christmas any brighter.

Actually it does for me since this is the first time I’ve gotten anything positive from a lawyer:D

Cheers

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually it does for me since this is the first time I’ve gotten anything positive from a lawyer:D
Being married to one, I get LOTS of positive stuff from at least one lawyer. Sure beats arguing with 'em. I lose every time.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Today, I received that big check $2.38. I guess we didn’t eat enough of Charlie tuna.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Since the free tuna option was $50 and the check was for $25, it seems that those that got coupons got about double the value of those that took checks.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Since the free tuna option was $50 and the check was for $25, it seems that those that got coupons got about double the value of those that took checks.

Thanks! What I could have done with $50 worth of tuna! LOL

We did get the $5 worth, however and enjoyed it too :)

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
you could google the settlement fees, - probably about 1/3 of $12,000,000
Not to wish them bad luck or anything, but I hope they got coupons for $4,000,000 in tuna. :)