• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II App Getaway Alert success today

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
For those of you that don't know. On the II app, there is a feature to set up alerts for getaways. In the past I have used this successfully to get LM units since sometimes LM units go out for both exchange and getaway offerings. I usually check AC usage before I secure as a getaway.

The app has been so glitchy I haven't bothered with it, but I was searching for something to do as my kiddo as 4 days off from school in October.

Well today, I happened to catch the notification on my phone (it would be nice if it made a noise, but it doesn't) and was able to secure a 2BR at South Mountain in Lincoln, NH. Prime time, prime resort, and a rare 2BR! Whoohoo!!!!

My car will be taking good ole Exit 32 soon enough!

So, if you are looking for something in II - try setting up the alert, it may work :)

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Congratulations and Thanks for sharing :thumbup:

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I will add this app

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Yes, it's a good feature. I set up a getaway alert in the app for summer in BC and got a notification for a last minute (within a week) 2br in Fairmont Hot Springs in August. This was also available for the $299 AC. That's a steal for high season summer, and within a driving distance.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Hmmm... warning
Once the alert is setup, you can’t remove or edit the alert :doh:

UPDATE: Problem Resolved thanks to jabberwocky’s post below ;)

Last edited:

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
I today successfully booked a Westin Kierland studio platinum week that just popped up as a getaway alert. I have a four day conference in Scottsdale and the nightly rate at the conference hotel/resort was about $419/night after you include the resort fee or just under $1700 for the four nights. Since the dates of the conference are within a major event in Scottsdale, the cheapest hotel I could find in the vicinity was a Residence Inn for $281/night + fees +taxes (so just over $330) = $1320 for four nights.

I had set the getaway thinking that something cheaper might come up and sure enough, with the II Getaway sale discount I was able to book the WKV studio seven nights for just over $1000 including taxes - a rental from Redweek or TUG would have been nearly double this amount based on what I have seen.

Bottom line the accounting team is happy that I'm saving money (we usually aim for $250-300/night hotel rate at most), I'm happy that I get to add an extra three days vacation at the front end at no additional cost. Normally I would have to pay out of pocket I add extra days, but because cost of getaway is below cheapest hotel rate they are giving me the week fully covered.

JudiZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
mdurette: Congratulations on South Mountain - that was a real score. We LOVE that place! Since we use RCI, it is an even rarer bird for us.

jabberwocky: That's awesome! Everyone wins on this one! And lucky you - WKV instead of a hotel room.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
Hmmm... warning
Once the alert is setup, you can’t remove or edit the alert :doh:

if you are in the app swipe left on the alert you want to remove and then click on “remove”. It will be gone! :wave:

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
I love the Getaways and the alerts but for some reason ever since I got a new phone I don’t get the alerts anymore. I’ve checked my settings, even reinstalled the app and still no notifications to my phone. I see the bell alert in the app but I don’t get it sent to me. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Got a Getaway alert yesterday but I was too late.

It looks like once it’s gone you don’t know which resort in your list matched. So I’m revising my alerts to just one resort. :ponder:

Update: The limit is 15 alerts (each has a 90 day search window). You can specify unit sizes as well.

Last edited: