• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interesting Bonnet Creek Owners Update

bryjake

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access, Midtown 45
I finally got a good dose of BC “sales”
1) Per salesperson “as of last week, cwa will no longer be sold”. CWS will be with only way
2) More blah blah blah about how if you own CWA, as I do, you will only see CWA period. No more points are points even within 10 month period
3) CWA my will be going up 8% next year

These are more weasel lies
After calling in the “manager”, it was determined all the above were not accurate, except for cwa mf

They did show me on paper that the estimated cwa mf increase will be about 8% (disappointed about that)

Additionally got $75 gift card and “fly away getaway” promotion
That promotion turns out to be garbage
Get 2 round trip airfares but need 7 day stay at $300 - $400 hotel stay for airfare
Just garbage

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m sure the 8% CWA fee increase was a lie too! Why would you believe that when they told so many other lies?

davejulien

Reaction score
I’ve spoken with Owner Services about the resorts telling that dues will be going up an exorbitant amount. They said the resorts have no way of knowing because even most at corporate don’t know until the dues increases are actually released.

I swear these sales guys make up fake papers to push lies like this for their own agenda. If you remember the name of the person you should call the 800 number and ask for Owner Services and turn them in for spreading lies. This is such BS.

BTW, I have 1m points all CWA. There is one year we saw an 8% increase and I would really not like to see that again. We won’t really know until the increases happen.

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ve spoken with Owner Services about the resorts telling that dues will be going up an exorbitant amount. They said the resorts have no way of knowing because even most at corporate don’t know until the dues increases are actually released.

I swear these sales guys make up fake papers to push lies like this for their own agenda. If you remember the name of the person you should call the 800 number and ask for Owner Services and turn them in for spreading lies. This is such BS.

BTW, I have 1m points all CWA. There is one year we saw an 8% increase and I would really not like to see that again. We won’t really know until the increases happen.
Unfortunately, it may not be far off. They sent the emails out about National Harbor...the MFs are increasing by a healthy %....if I remember correctly, about 8%.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Which weasel in my profile picture did you have? I usually get the one in the middle...

GRapuser

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai Villas, Glacier Canyon, Club Wyndham Access
This is about the time that the resorts release their budgets for next year, and I would imagine someone at corporate would be tallying the ones that make up CWA to get an estimate for the change. Glacier Canyon is increasing MF's by 3.9% on standard points and 2.8% on designated points for next year. I haven't received any report from Bali Hai yet.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Unfortunately, it may not be far off. They sent the emails out about National Harbor...the MFs are increasing by a healthy %....if I remember correctly, about 8%.

When did you get the email? We didn't get an email about National Harbor maintenance fees going up for 2020.

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
I finally got a good dose of BC “sales”
1) Per salesperson “as of last week, cwa will no longer be sold”. CWS will be with only way
2) More blah blah blah about how if you own CWA, as I do, you will only see CWA period. No more points are points even within 10 month period
3) CWA my will be going up 8% next year

That's funny because at a sales meeting a few months ago in Nashville I was told in no uncertain terms that my CWS points there will soon become worthless because everything is going to CWA.

As for the 8% increase in CWA, their MF's are the average of the MF's of their entire inventory so it's not believable to think they already have the information they need to calculate that. Of course they could just be giving you an estimate, but an estimate with no true information is not really an estimate it's just a made up number.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's funny because at a sales meeting a few months ago in Nashville I was told in no uncertain terms that my CWS points there will soon become worthless because everything is going to CWA.

As for the 8% increase in CWA, their MF's are the average of the MF's of their entire inventory so it's not believable to think they already have the information they need to calculate that. Of course they could just be giving you an estimate, but an estimate with no true information is not really an estimate it's just a made up number.
Wyndham math plan and simple. What does everyone think the new Privilege program is about. Daze and confuse. Add more levels to sell more points. It all a brilliant marketing strategy. Same as CWA was to sell more points. Now If you own CWS they push CWA
Im sure marketing laughs how easy it is to hoodwink owners into believing what they say is true.

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
When did you get the email? We didn't get an email about National Harbor maintenance fees going up for 2020.
About a week or so ago...let me see if I can find it...

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Alrighty, here it is...8.57%.

From $4.24/k to $4.60/k.

Email was sent Sep. 14.
090cbf3217f1ad488ea124040b228dd0.jpg

dandjane1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Walk (Platinum UDI) Wyndham Access (Platinum trust), Wyndham National Harbor (Platinum UDI), HGVC Deed at Kingsland, HI, HGV Max (Premiere Plus) Trust
Alrighty, here it is...8.57%.

From $4.24/k to $4.60/k.

That's when I got it too. (14 Sept.) Remember back when Wyn was pushing CWA to "keep MFs low"? HA! BTW, what are "Designated points"? What's with the 33%+ increase in "Grounds & Landscaping"? There are NO Grounds or landscaping except at the entrance! I'm gonna call & complain - can't make the HOA meeting. We are UDI owners, so not sure how our MFs will be affected. (Maybe THAT'S was "Designated Points" are?)

Email was sent Sep. 14.
090cbf3217f1ad488ea124040b228dd0.jpg

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder what "designated points" are too. I'm wondering if those are PR rooms...or something else.

Anyway, big jump here for NH.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I wonder what "designated points" are too. I'm wondering if those are PR rooms...or something else.

Anyway, big jump here for NH.

Thanks for finding this and posting it. Yes, designated points means presidential reserve.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

As far as I know, all National Harbor owners have UDI ownerships. The taxes went up drastically. Likely because subsidies and tax credits that were granted by the county (and possibly state) expired. That’s my guess but I don’t have proof. The second drastic increase is Capital deficit recovery. I have two questions.

1. Why were we not given a proxy ballot for those that cannot attend the meeting?

2. Can we recover a portion of that deficit via the reserve fund and up the reserve fund a little bit to start recouping that cost? If they took half out of the reserve fund, and half from the maintenance fees, they’d have more the enough room to up the reserve fund without going over a 5% increase.

I called the number on the paper and left a voicemail. She called me back two days later and said she would have someone else call me to answer those questions. I’ll let you all know what I find out. I’m not holding my breath. Chances are they want it to pass without opposition, so they likely will wait until last minute to call or won’t call until after the meeting and the budget has been approved. It would be helpful if other owners called. If they get only a few calls, those are more easily ignored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bryjake

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access, Midtown 45
Another bought about the increase in cwa mf...
Perhaps some of the shell proposed are going into cwa or hybrid shell/club Wyndham

It is all speculation until there is documented proof

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
This is about the time that the resorts release their budgets for next year, and I would imagine someone at corporate would be tallying the ones that make up CWA to get an estimate for the change. Glacier Canyon is increasing MF's by 3.9% on standard points and 2.8% on designated points for next year. I haven't received any report from Bali Hai yet.

Just got my Belle Maison info & they're bumping MFs up by about 3% to $5.65/k. We'll need to get a 2020 MFs thread going here pretty soon.

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
Proposed budget for Nashville calls for a 4.3% increase.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
How would number of points per reservation affect the maintenance fees? I certainly don't know, but I would think the average number of points per reservation has increased drastically with the implementation of the new system and effectively shutting down of cancel/rebook. To have our cost to book a reservation increase along with substantial increases in MF feels like we're getting slammed twice.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
All the chatter on TUG and the various Wyndham Facebook groups from owners bragging and sharing about loopholes and ways to beat the system eventually result in Wyndham making changes to the system to stop or at least make things much, much harder. Cancel and rebook was ended and now from what we're seeing reported about the PICs Wyndham is changing that too. Resorts that were accepted as PICs are no longer accepted. The number of points you now need to buy to enroll a PIC seems to have risen. Telesales is only selling CWA points when before it was possible to also buy deeded points from them. It certainly isn't in Wyndhams best interests to have owners continuing to build cheap VIP accounts with PICs thanks to what they learned in TUG and Facebook.

There are one or two other things I can think of that Wyndham has changed or stopped due to what they've learned from us.

Sandi Bo, wouldn't it be interesting to know how many more hundreds of millions of points owners are now using for their reservations with cancel and rebook gone? And how many of those owners bought more points to be able to book the same reservations they were accustomed to getting. I'm sure Wyndham has those numbers. I wasn't in a position to have that many of our points tied for that long to take advantage of cancel/rebook but I've met a whole lot of owners who did it. It wasn't just the owners Wyndham identified as mega renters by a long shot.

Wyndham monitors the threads and some Tuggers and Facebbok group members would do well to remember that.

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
I can speak as the Treasurer for my condo association for the last 25 years. There should be no relationship between MF's and points owned, except for the totals. The MF's, which we here in the northeast call common charges, are based on nothing more than the amounts budgeted for next year's spending. These amounts are based on last year's actual spending, next year's expected increases for those items and that would be balanced by items where the Board can reduce spending.

In the example I posted above for Nashville, I saw that they actually budgeted less next year for a lot of their individual line items, but they have allocated more in other categories. Mostly the Maintenance & Repair Category, and also the Capital Spending category. As a long time Board member and treasurer, I have often told our members at the Annual Meeting each year that not keeping up with those two items, despite price increases, is penny wise and pound foolish.

And yet I will say that the 3 to 5% increases that have been reported in this thread surprise me a little bit. Those are bigger numbers than I would expect since the Federal Reserve Board has reduced interest rates at their last 2 meetings because "the inflation rate is too low" And speaking selfishly, the COLA for my retirement income (Federal) is based on their calculation and is less than 2% for next year.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
And just another reason, IMO, that the timeshare industry itself is so shady. Logic tells me that the amount of money (points) that someone pays for a room should have some relationship to what maintenance fees are for the owner. In 'real life' it does, how much I can charge for rent directly relates to what someone is willing to pay. In the timeshare world, Wyndham sure seems to do whatever they please. Starting with transferring of points (do they or don't they), use year realignment, goodwill credits, and on and on. There's nothing backing the points, no accountability on Wyndham's-side. The great audit/freeze of 2016, proof Wyndham does not nor do they have to have any checks or balances or ability to audit anything.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
And just another reason, IMO, that the timeshare industry itself is so shady. Logic tells me that the amount of money (points) that someone pays for a room should have some relationship to what maintenance fees are for the owner. In 'real life' it does, how much I can charge for rent directly relates to what someone is willing to pay. In the timeshare world, Wyndham sure seems to do whatever they please. Starting with transferring of points (do they or don't they), use year realignment, goodwill credits, and on and on. There's nothing backing the points, no accountability on Wyndham's-side. The great audit/freeze of 2016, proof Wyndham does not nor do they have to have any checks or balances or ability to audit anything.
Wyndham changes the rules to protect their bottom line. Make no mistake believing it is for anyone else's benefit is nonsense. As far as points audits, transfer of points, use year alignments or a negative points balance Wyndham does what benefits them. Anyone who believes otherwise is just a agent of Wyndham. IMHO

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Wyndham changes the rules to protect their bottom line. Make no mistake believing it is for anyone else's benefit is nonsense. As far as points audits, transfer of points, use year alignments or a negative points balance Wyndham does what benefits them. Anyone who believes otherwise is just a agent of Wyndham. IMHO

You mean when Wyndham says they are making system changes to enhance our ownership experience, they don't really mean it? Say it isn't so!