• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Club Melia Puerto Rico Now a Hyatt Property?

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Noticed that Sol Melia vacation club in Puerto Rico has reopened as a Hyatt property? Any idea of the changes to the ownerships with sol melia vacation club points?

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
Noticed that Sol Melia vacation club in Puerto Rico has reopened as a Hyatt property? Any idea of the changes to the ownerships with sol melia vacation club points?
I was trying to find that out as well.

From what I have read on TripAdvisor, the timeshare ownership has been transferred to a 3rd party (coco beach something or other). Many of the owners are upset that they lost their ownership in the Sol Melia club as they had reservations canceled and can no longer make new ones. The Club wont even respond to their questions.

We stayed there right before the hurricanes hit and we loved it. The resort needed some maintenance, but it was really nice. Plus they had free beer and wine in the lobby. Plus free breakfast buffet on the weekends. We are thinking of taking a cruise out of San Juan next year and then spending a week in PR. I was hoping to stay there again, but it doesn't look like it will happen.

Joe

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! That is crazy and terrible. How is that legal?

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was trying to find that out as well.

From what I have read on TripAdvisor, the timeshare ownership has been transferred to a 3rd party (coco beach something or other). Many of the owners are upset that they lost their ownership in the Sol Melia club as they had reservations canceled and can no longer make new ones. The Club wont even respond to their questions.

We stayed there right before the hurricanes hit and we loved it. The resort needed some maintenance, but it was really nice. Plus they had free beer and wine in the lobby. Plus free breakfast buffet on the weekends. We are thinking of taking a cruise out of San Juan next year and then spending a week in PR. I was hoping to stay there again, but it doesn't look like it will happen.

Joe

I received a match through RCI for an April week but now I'm not sure what the status of the resort is. The phone number listed on RCI for the resort is no longer working. I haven't been able to find out anymore online.

Were you able to find out any more info?

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received a match through RCI for an April week but now I'm not sure what the status of the resort is. The phone number listed on RCI for the resort is no longer working. I haven't been able to find out anymore online.

Were you able to find out any more info?

No, however, last time I checked, it was no even available for exchange.

Please let me know how it works out.

Joe

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
No, however, last time I checked, it was no even available for exchange.

Please let me know how it works out.

Joe

FYI I was able to book the exchange for April. It is no longer a Melia property and is now Coco Beach Resort Vacation Club. The timeshare is now open and they sent me pictures of the unit. I couldn't figure out how to paste it here. So PM me your email address if you want them

clip_image001.jpg