• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Disney tickets - $3.50

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, if it were 1971!

On this day in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort opened in Orlando, Florida and the price of a general admission ticket was $3.50 per person — adjusted for inflation, that would be about $21 today.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/02/how...CTW5xBzDwGXEqscAJrGebm-PB4i9qFhHzshPYaseeNKdk

Crazy, that cost I could probably find with the coins hiding in my car. Today, I buy discounted Disney gift cards all year long to help pay for the tickets to get us into the parks.

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
Well, if it were 1971!

On this day in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort opened in Orlando, Florida and the price of a general admission ticket was $3.50 per person — adjusted for inflation, that would be about $21 today.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/02/how-much-a-disney-world-ticket-cost-the-year-you-were-born.html?__source=facebook|makeit&fbclid=IwAR0NU7eMId31ngg1dMsxRodiYV6_QNMEScy3UqugVtFbKwpuMUYtTJiig_8&fbclid=IwAR1limly9nUo7ZCTW5xBzDwGXEqscAJrGebm-PB4i9qFhHzshPYaseeNKdk

Crazy, that cost I could probably find with the coins hiding in my car. Today, I buy discounted Disney gift cards all year long to help pay for the tickets to get us into the parks.
Pretty sure that back then (as it was st Disneyland) you had to buy the ride tickets separately. General Admission just got in.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I go I want fewer people to be there. Fast passes helped a lot but required planning and more walking.

Maybe a fast pass point system would work better. Certain rides take more points. No need to schedule a time but the allotted points expire after a certain amount of time after entering the park or a percentage does. Why should a ride for a 3 year old use a full fast pass like space mountain or frozen does?

Or continue to raise prices to keep out more people.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
I wish I still had my leftover ride tickets. I used all the E tickets, but not all the rest.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about going to Disneyland later this month, as Haunted Mansion Holiday has been on my to-do list for a while, and I had a work activity in Long Beach, not too far away. Single-day tickets for the day I was able to go (a Saturday in mid-October) were $149, plus tax.

I decided I didn't need to see HMH *that* badly, and I'm going to be at WDW next winter to catch all the Star Wars stuff then.

Last edited:

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It was 4.75 when 7 rides were included. The first all ride ticket was 15 in 1982

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about going to Disneyland later this month, as Haunted Mansion Holiday has been on my to-do list for a while, and I had a work activity in Long Beach, not too far away. Single-day tickets for the day I was able to go (a Saturday in mid-October) were $149, plus tax.

I decided I didn't need to see HMH *that* badly, and I'm going to be at WDW next winter to catch all the Star Wars stuff then.

If all I ever needed was a one day pass every now and then, I wouldn't choke so much about the cost. $150 for an entire day of entertainment (easily 10+ hours) is actually not that bad. Heck, I sometimes pay that for a concert, sporting event, theatre, etc and only get a 2-4 hours of entertainment. The issue (especially for DW) is the multiple days needed to experience most of what is offered. Spending the money, day after day after day in the end makes for an expensive week.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this was only going to be for a half day. I have to be at my event in Long Beach by 4P. So, nah. The week at WDW will be about $550 each. Cheaper than skiing or a handful of Broadway shows.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Unfortunately, the one day pass doesn’t include parking nor food. And food is expensive.
It truly sucks for families w/ young children or special needs children who want to share the Disney Experience.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Many of my college classmates marched in the opening day parade in the Fall, 1971. My private college was a few miles inland from Daytona Beach ... and is the oldest college/university in Florida.

When the school year ended in May, 1972 .. my Dad drove down to pick me up with my 10 year old sister. Seems she had PERFECT attendenace for the school year and our father had to drag her out to the car with her crying her eyes-out. That was til he got to the end of the driveway and said, "I am taken your to Walt Disney World". She stopped crying and said "Give me the map!" And they drove the 1000 miles non-stop to Daytona Beach ... 15 miles due east of my university.

And I took this sister's youngest son to Walt Disney World ... as a reward for his going to (Middle) school. He was a major truant all thru his elementary school years ... his mom spent almost more time in his elementary classroom as a parent helper than he did.

My youngest sister in 1972 lost her Perfect Attendence Certificate that year ... but her youngest son learned what was "acceptable" attendance was.

Walt Disney World ... my youngest sister and her youngest son ... I got to go with them both on their FIRST visits to Walt Disney World ...youngest Sister in May, 1972 and her youngest son decades later in January, 2013.

Last edited: