• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is this a good deal?? Wyndham Kingsgate

jojuvan

Reaction score
203,000 annual points at Wyndham Kingsgate for $400 total. Maintenance fees are $103/month. No other fees or costs. Is this a good deal?

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
203,000 annual points at Wyndham Kingsgate for $400 total. Maintenance fees are $103/month. No other fees or costs. Is this a good deal?
You can do much better on the price. Between now and Dec 31st you will find better opportunities. Grand Desert deeds can be bought at less then $100 all in maintenance fees little less at 4.73/1000 plus program fee on resale deed at .58/1000.

Last edited:

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Yes, if your time is worth nothing to you, you can probably find a better deal, eventually. $400 all-in is a pretty good deal and I would jump on it and spend my now free time doing something else.

jojuvan

Reaction score
You can do much better on the price. Between now and Dec 31st you will find better opportunities. Grand Desert deeds can be bought at less then $100 all in maintenance fees little less at 4.73/1000 plus program fee on resale deed at .58/1000.
Where do I find these deals? The cheapest adds I'm finding are on eBay, and it seems these people are fishy or driving up the bid. Other deals I've seen maybe a cheap buying price, but then the buyer is responsible for the closing fees and transfer fee which can get quite expensive.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Where do I find these deals? The cheapest adds I'm finding are on eBay, and it seems these people are fishy or driving up the bid. Other deals I've seen maybe a cheap buying price, but then the buyer is responsible for the closing fees and transfer fee which can get quite expensive.

Check TSN at https://www.timesharenation.com/resort/Wyndham-Points. The offer they have there currently isn’t good. However, I got including closing costs. 58k EY Grand Desert for free. Kingsgate Mf is $6.67/1k. Grand Desert Mf is $5.33/1k or 20 percent less. You just have to be patient, check TSN daily, sometimes multiple times a day.

Another good website is Sumday vacations. http://sumdayvacations.com/timeshare-transfer/search.php?pg=1&stext=wyndham&sprice=&stype=&scat= I remembered seeing a 105k Kingsgate for $30 including closing costs two weeks ago. You can always negotiate with Sumday.

Last edited:

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

To clarify, it will take you 20-30 hours to check TSN multiple times a day, calculate Mf, and reserve two Grand Desert 105k EY to make 210k EY. I attached a good chart of MF by Wyndham resort.

Attachments

• F5F0244D-8E04-4AF2-92E4-ED995EA003D3.jpeg
    F5F0244D-8E04-4AF2-92E4-ED995EA003D3.jpeg
    51.7 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@dgalati are you still giving away your Natl Harbor 105k EY and Grand Desert 105k EY next month? If you give to OP, her Monthly MF and PF goes down from $114/month ($11/month PF) to $89/month. Then she’d have 210k points instead of 203k points. Of course, it would cost OP $1000 total ($500 each) to transfer both deeds to her.

Of course, it would take 2 years for OP to break even on the extra $600 before she starts truly saving $25/month.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
But, if he would pay the transfer and closing costs, that would help her out a lot!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
But, if he would pay the transfer and closing costs, that would help her out a lot!
I know, but it sounds like the kind of deal he looks for!

We all know @dgalati isnt going to do that.

@dgalati are you still giving away your Natl Harbor 105k EY and Grand Desert 105k EY next month? If you give to OP, her Monthly MF and PF goes down from $114/month ($11/month PF) to $89/month. Then she’d have 210k points instead of 203k points. Of course, it would cost OP $1000 total ($500 each) to transfer both deeds to her.

This is a advice forum not the marketplace to try and sell. That's why I gave the advice to look for a deal all in under $100! Between now and Dec 31st is the best time to buy at a purchase price close to $0 cost and no resort transfer and no closing fees . FYI the best time to sell or give away without paying maintenance and transfer fees March -Aug

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score

Of course, it would take 2 years for OP to break even on the extra $600 before she starts truly saving $25/month.
See attached maint fee chart for comparision, as a few have stated it is cheaper over time to pay a few bucks more for a lower maintenance fee deed. I have attached a post from Drepublic it has a good chart to compare costs.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I
Your question seems simple enough and it will get you many different responses on this forum. Everything from a simple yes or no to detailed financial breakdowns that make me want to drink. A lot! It will all be very good advice. There’s only one problem; it is all from our particular point of view! In my initial reply, I told you I thought it was a good deal and I would jump on it. I know that because I am currently closing on a similar deal. I had been looking for about a month, spending hours online every day looking for a deal that would work for me and my family. I’m retired and I have plenty of time to do that. However, it isn’t how I want to spend a lot of my time. So, I jumped on a deal in which the 2 contracts were given to me and I am paying closing costs and transfer fees, $900 total. The MFs are a little above average but that’s a few dollars a month and not anything that is going to bankrupt me or keep me from sleeping at night. In a couple of months, I’ll have my points and more vacation time. Meanwhile, I don’t have to spend hours every day continuing to look for that perfect deal.

i say all this to actually say this; the question YOU have to answer is, “is this a good deal for me”? We can give you all kinds of advice, but we can’t answer that question.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Just play it safe and buy a Grand Desert deed. You can't go wrong with Las Vegas. No natural disasters causing special assessments. Cheap to maintain. I have multiple deeds and I will screenshot their costs. There's two different prices. $4.73 per thousand for tower 1 and 2, and $4.82 per thousand for tower 3. Both are worth it. CWA costs $5.99 per thousand so I save $204 a year compared to 168,000 CWA points.

I paid about $350 for both of these deeds last January.

upload_2019-10-1_14-56-37.png

jojuvan

Reaction score
I would love to buy a grand desert deed. Or the one from Hawaii. But I can't find them anywhere for a at reasonable cost! I don't know where to find these. EBay does have some occasionly, but then they usually come with high fees attached. Like transfer fees and closing costs. And from what I see on the some day site, those are all in the $1000 price ranges.

jojuvan

Reaction score
Just play it safe and buy a Grand Desert deed. You can't go wrong with Las Vegas. No natural disasters causing special assessments. Cheap to maintain. I have multiple deeds and I will screenshot their costs. There's two different prices. $4.73 per thousand for tower 1 and 2, and $4.82 per thousand for tower 3. Both are worth it. CWA costs $5.99 per thousand so I save $204 a year compared to 168,000 CWA points.

I paid about $350 for both of these deeds last January.

View attachment 14421
Where did you purchase these from?

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where did you purchase these from?

I was giving one away and I caught hell for it so I decided to keep it. Join TUG and then you can access the Marketplace. I'd much prefer to do business with a person and not an exit company.

And always remember, most of these resellers get their inventory from elderly people or those who may not be able to afford it and these people have paid them to get rid of their timeshares. And then we don't give it second thought as we send them SSN, driver's licenses, full names and addresses, account numbers, credit card numbers AND a notarized document as a buyer or a seller that can easily be used for fraud. That "cheap comes out expensive" quote can be painfully true.

I plan to hop on a flight to Hawaii next week to try and clean up a mess that a closing company has dumped into my name. I need to get court orders. My next stop will be Orlando to go to the closing company itself.

Be careful who you deal with.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Ebay at the right time of year. People get rid of their deeds when they see a raise in MF at the end of the year. I bought 4 deeds last Dec-Jan for $700, 3 Grand Desert and 1 Towers on the Grove (which has $4.82 MF). I just searched Tug/Ebay until I got a good deal. I'm planning on eventually buying into WorldMark and DVC, but I know not to bother until the MF increase happens.

Always buy from reputable sellers like sumday, tochea, vacationpropertiesforless, seans0302, legacy if you use Ebay. If they dont have at least a few hundred positive reviews, I don't use them.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Several eBay sellers we think are reputable all of a sudden one day become trouble.
Vacationpropertiesforless the last I knew is in bankruptcy.
I’d bought from The Transfer Group then one day they turned to crap

In the last year some of the big TS co have gone after some resellers, that seems to have put a lot of pressure on other resellers putting them at risk of failure.
I’m 10 times more leery on eBay listings than I was a couple of years ago

Last edited:

antjmar

Reaction score
IMO a fair deal. During December you'll probably find it for a bit less however, you wont have the points till spring.
Also the program fee charges a min amount. You will pay program fee for 231k points even if you own less then 231K points. Id buy a 231K point contract since that will also get you an additional reservation transaction per year.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
See attached maint fee chart for comparision, as a few have stated it is cheaper over time to pay a few bucks more for a lower maintenance fee deed. I have attached a post from Drepublic it has a good chart to compare costs.
N
I was giving one away and I caught hell for it so I decided to keep it. Join TUG and then you can access the Marketplace. I'd much prefer to do business with a person and not an exit company.

And always remember, most of these resellers get their inventory from elderly people or those who may not be able to afford it and these people have paid them to get rid of their timeshares. And then we don't give it second thought as we send them SSN, driver's licenses, full names and addresses, account numbers, credit card numbers AND a notarized document as a buyer or a seller that can easily be used for fraud. That "cheap comes out expensive" quote can be painfully true.

I plan to hop on a flight to Hawaii next week to try and clean up a mess that a closing company has dumped into my name. I need to get court orders. My next stop will be Orlando to go to the closing company itself.

Be careful who you deal with.
What you were offering was not that great of a deal! It was a 126,000 odd year deed no points available until 2021 and buyer paid all closing costs $514. Buyer also would of paid maintenance fees after transfer for at least 8 months at $28 per month without use. With only 126,000 points you only recieve one transaction credit also. 154,000 points gives you 2.