• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Knee Replacement tomorrow (Oct 2, 2019)

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
After more than thirty years of dealing with severe chronic arthritis in my blown-out knees, (a Service Connected Disability due to my Naval career), I'm having my second one replaced tomorrow morning. The first one was replaced six years ago, and the time has come for the other one to be done. Not looking forward to the recovery process, but I am definitely looking forward to finally ending the non-stop pain I've dealt with all these years. There is nothing good to report about living with a non-stop toothache pain in your knee 24-7 for 30 years.

I'm "rewarding" myself with taking a month off, (thankfully, I have enough sick time at work), so I can get well into my Physical Therapy process, and hopefully be pretty mobile before going back to work. Having been through this before, I'm pretty well prepared. We'll see how it goes. Wish me luck.

I'm sharing this in case anyone is considering knee replacement surgery. If you need it, and it's recommended by your Orthopedic Surgeon, I strongly suggest you give it serious thought. It's worth it. :thumbup:

Dave

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Good luck.

I had surgery a month ago for an ongoing problem I've had for 33+ years. I'm so glad the medical profession finally decided I needed to take care of it.

Great to hear you can take off that much time for rehab.

Aren't you retiring soon? Or am I confusing you with someone else on TUG? If you are awesome that you can get this taken care of now.

Gina

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Aren't you retiring soon? Or am I confusing you with someone else on TUG? If you are awesome that you can get this taken care of now.

Gina

Nope, that's me. Shooting for the end of the year. Might spill over into the first few months of next year, but soon - very soon. ;)

I chose to have the surgery now, while I have the infrastructure to support my recovery.

Dave

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Good luck and wishing you a speedy recovery.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Good Luck Dave!!

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Been thru this was a ex-boyfriend who was a big snow skier.

Got me to do a major weight loss after I visited him post surgery and his home recovery. Lost track of him after his extended vacation to the Philapines and then his permanent move to Thailand.

Do your physical therapy to the letter. No MORE or LESS.

Last edited:

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Best of luck.

lauramiddl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Best to you, Dave. I'm a fellow PNWer, Worldmark owner, Costco shopper, and always enjoy your posts. I know you're not looking forward to your recovery, but this is a good time of year to hunker down and focus on healing. I hope once you're "better than new" you will be able to reward yourself with some pain free bonus time or Monday madness! Maybe even a beautiful Cascades hike! Take good care. Laura

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
Having gone through this once, apparently successfully, you know how important the post-surgery therapy is. In my case my one remaining original equipment knee is pretty bad, but my back is worse after three unsuccessful lumbar surgeries, and I've found that whatever feels worst keeps me from noticing my other pains.

Good luck tomorrow.

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Good Luck Dave. You probably don't need any luck with all of the technology they have now days, but good luck anyway.

Bill

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Hi Dave,

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Richard

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I hope once you're "better than new" you will be able to reward yourself with some pain free bonus time or Monday madness! Maybe even a beautiful Cascades hike! Take good care. Laura

Thanks, Laura. I’m ready for some pain free hiking time. Doing three weeks in Hawaii next Summer! But sooner than that, my post-recovery reward will be going to see Journey in Las Vegas over Christmas weekend. Can’t wait for that!

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Thanks, everyone, for the good wishes. I’m so ready to do this! I’ll report back when I can focus on my screen. :)

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Get well soon. I am in Seattle too if I can be of help.

Thanks. My sister is staying with us for awhile. She’s a retired nurse. I’m in good hands. :)

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I knew it was either this week or next and chatted you up to a woman who got a new hip a few days ago. Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Amigo. You are in my thoughts. For what it's worth, my procedure is healing well. I was glued together and now it's peeling off and itchy as all getout- but it doensn't hurt. I used some Tylenol for a few days and left the prescrription pain stuff untouched. That stuff scares me.

Now that you'll be off and just doing rehab, t well soon.does this mean you'll be on TUG 24/7? Just checking.

Get well soon.

Jim

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Now that you'll be off and just doing rehab, t well soon.does this mean you'll be on TUG 24/7? Just checking.

Get well soon.

Jim

Thanks, Jim. I hope to follow in your recovery footsteps. And yes, I’ll be spending a lot of recovery time laying down, and apologize in advance for the time I’ll spend here. I’ll try to keep my postings under control.

Maybe this is when Brian finally offers me a Moderator’s job. ;)

Dave

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I sure hope all goes well, Dave. I've said a prayer for you and asked that the surgeon is alert and prepared to do a great job and that no infections or post-surgery complications occur. You're one of the superstars of TUG, so we need your continued upbeat and encouraging posts once you're feeling up to it. I'm really glad you can take some time off from work to heal and learn how to walk on the new knee. Just think: you'll be good for another 100,000 miles :)

Gracey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Longboat Bay Club, Disney s Old Key West, Wyndham
Good Luck!

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
Sending good wishes your way for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.