• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Does Vistana grab good weeks when banked to rent?

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
the reason I am asking is I plan to bank a Harborside week today and wonder if anyone might be interested to try to grab it?
Just not sure if it goes directly to available for another owner to grab as soon as I do it or if they will put in rental inventory?

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't think it works that way. We own fixed week 27, which often includes the US and Bahama independence days/celebrations, and it never seems to show up in Vistana or Interval inventory. What week are you giving up?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
The only weeks that are actually deposited at the direction of the owners are true fixed weeks (that have no float options) and are not a part of SVN. All other deposits are controlled by Vistana. Vistana and II have a back room deal that Vistana just has to deposit the equivalent value of what ever owners deposit not even necessarily at the same resort. Who knows exactly what Vistana does with the actual release of specific weeks or weeks within a season. Do they keep in in SVN substituting weeks or resorts and weeks with less demand (but perhaps the equivalent in terms of star options in some cases maybe bulk depositing multiple off season weeks for each peak season? Do they rent those weeks out or use them with Explorer type promotional packages?

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Since Marriott took over we were told that more go to the explorer packages for marketing and they dont promote rentals,

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
The only weeks that are actually deposited at the direction of the owners are true fixed weeks (that have no float options) and are not a part of SVN. All other deposits are controlled by Vistana. Vistana and II have a back room deal that Vistana just has to deposit the equivalent value of what ever owners deposit not even necessarily at the same resort. Who knows exactly what Vistana does with the actual release of specific weeks or weeks within a season. Do they keep in in SVN substituting weeks or resorts and weeks with less demand (but perhaps the equivalent in terms of star options in some cases maybe bulk depositing multiple off season weeks for each peak season? Do they rent those weeks out or use them with Explorer type promotional packages?
by the way, does anyone know how I can buy a promo package for WKORN (N)?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
by the way, does anyone know how I can buy a promo package for WKORN (N)?
Call the Vistana line directly. They will sell one to you if you not been to one for the past 24 or 12 months, I have fogotten if it is 12 or 24 months. Our friends extend their Hawaii trips regularly that way, for both Vistana and MVC.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Call the Vistana line directly. They will sell one to you if you not been to one for the past 24 or 12 months, I have fogotten if it is 12 or 24 months. Our friends extend their Hawaii trips regularly that way, for both Vistana and MVC.
Thank you. Is there a specific department selling these?

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is through their marketing department and I don't have the number. You can call the regular line and they should be able to connect your call to that department.
Thanks again