• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is this a good deal?? Wyndham Kingsgate

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
A 126,000 Odd deed is worth $500 if it was fully loaded already. I'd take it if it was the end of 2020.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
To clarify, I wasn’t trying to give @bendadin Hell. I made a very serious $5 offer, knowing that I’d pay MF eight months to one year in advance. This amounts to $224 to $336. Sure, it’s below the $500 that some of you might pay for a fully loaded TS, but we are our own best advocates.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
To clarify, I wasn’t trying to give @bendadin Hell. I made a very serious $5 offer, knowing that I’d pay MF eight months to one year in advance. This amounts to $224 to $336. Sure, it’s below the $500 that some of you might pay for a fully loaded TS, but we are our own best advocates.
A fair deal was $5 and seller paid closing and resort transfer fees. Very generous offer on a deed with no points until 2020. JMHO

Last edited:

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have no idea why so many non-VIP people seem to think that they are so much smarter than people who actually know how to use their multi-million point accounts.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I have no idea why so many non-VIP people seem to think that they are so much smarter than people who actually know how to use their multi-million point accounts.

No matter how much certain individuals try to establish and promote themselves as a dependable and acknowledged sources here on TUG many of us know that you don't become a "go to" person in a few short months. I don't care if they've read and studied the threads, bought a few resales, had a developer purchase, rescinded. Guess what, many of us have done all those things and been Fairfield and then Wyndham owners for a whole lot longer. We are still willing to admit there are things we don't know. Otherwise why would we be spending our time reading the threads. We also know that Wyndham doesn't make it easy for us to learn things they'd rather we didn't know. TUG has been a valuable resource for that kind of knowledge.

Many long time Tuggers are saying the Wyndham threads have become a joke and are pretty much a waste of time to read. That is sad.

The first few years I posted I knew a fair amount about the Wyndham system because we were both VIP and PR and I made excellent use of our points. I joined TUG because I knew that I didn't know everything by a long shot. When people more knowledgeable than I was corrected me I didn't ignore what they said nor get defensive and challenge them. When I got things wrong slightly or on a few occasions wrong big time and was corrected I would sometimes have to ask for more clarification and got it. That was tremendously helpful in building my knowledge base.

I see a lot of people posting about VIP or presidential reserve who never have been nor never will be VIP or PR. Yes they are free to post on those threads but it totally amazes me why they think their posts are pertinent to something they have no experience with, are even remotely helpful or are in any way appreciated by the people who are VIP or PR.

The same type of thing is happening on virtually all the Wyndham threads lately. All these extraneous posts do is make the threads more difficult to wade through to find the information you need when you are new and trying to learn or researching something.

Last edited:

drepublic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VIP Silver, Wyndham Clearwater Beach (326k Developer), Wyndham Bonnet Creek (74k Developer and 269k Resale) Wyndham Ocean Boulevard (220.5k Resale)
203,000 annual points at Wyndham Kingsgate for $400 total. Maintenance fees are $103/month. No other fees or costs. Is this a good deal?

I think a fair question to ask is "What are your goals with Time Share?" or likely "Where do you want to go and WHEN?" as that can make all the difference. Are you specifically looking for low maintenance fees contracts and are cool with where you want to go 10 months out? Do you need ARP anywhere for specific times of the year?

I'm still the new kid here but clearly remember someone somewhere saying buy where you want to go and that stuck with me. I own at Clearwater for ARP and just the ability to go when I want to go and at a point level staying in Presidential Suites and I paid dearly for that contract retail (before I knew about this forum). That said there is not much clearwater on the resale market yet as it is new. I imagine the 10 year loans they typically in the sales office will roll off in time and folks will dump them on the resale market and I'll be waiting...ha ha. It just so happens that maintenance fees are not that bad on Clearwater, but i want clearwater and so I bought there and that was my primary motivator.

Once I stumbled upon this forum and got schooled by the knowledgable and listened all opinions on whether VIP was worth it or not and looked at WHERE I want to go and WHEN. i realized that where I want to go and when many times required ARP to get what I wanted on peak times...for now Spring Break week at Clearwater and Mid Summer at Myrtle Beach in Ocean Front Rooms Ocean Blvd...and soon multi room presidential suites at Bonnett Creek.

I see my family (wife, two boys 11 and 9) taking 3 week'ish vacations per year and maybe wifey and I taking a long weekend in Vegas:
1. Spring Break at Clearwater as it's further south in Florida and warmer than Panama City (popular for us Georgia Folk)
2. Mid Summer at Myrtle Beach because Florida is a hell hole in the summer and I don't go to Florida in the Summer...lol
3. Thanksgiving/Christmas in Orlando at Bonnet Creek as we love the location, amenities, and the ROOMS, and we escape the cold for a week!!

This spreads my vacations out almost evenly throughout the year and keeps my sanity and I have found I'm a much happier person enjoying life going on these trips.

I did spend a lot of time in the forums looking at low maintenance fees cost and made that chart that you see people posting above. I wanted to see how many points I could get per $1000 spend in maintenance fees. That list is no where near a comprehensive list but what seemed to be more of the popular low maintenance fee contracts.

You can see Clearwater on that list and Panama City Beach and Ocean Blvd (or one of the lower fees). I live in Georgia and Panama City Beach, Clearwater Beach, and Myrtle Beach are very drivable distances and attractive to me and just so happen to have reasonable maintenance fees and I let that drive my decision making as now I knew what to look for.

I just had to be patient to see the right contract come out for sale and at the number of points I wanted and I already had these points charts saved. I knew about how many I would need to make a worthwhile family vacation for the type of room I would want. I got lucky on RedWeek seeing the Ocean Blvd (the lower maintenance fee contract) come out for enough points for 4 nights. I may add another Myrtle Beach Contract soon as we LOVED myrtle beach and you can get ARP at other Wyndham Resorts in Myrtle if you own at any which is just a nice bonus to have and that helped my decision making in picking up my first resale contract.

I also have no desire to rent at this time, but if that was goal of mine, and I also had no desire to get to VIP, then I'd look hard at the lowest maintenance fees possible or own at resorts that are easy to rent.

Funny how now I'm looking at one of the higher maintenance fees contract Bonnett Creek as now I want Thanksgiving or Christmas week and multiple room Presidential Suites. I have family in Florida and I would love to have us all together at holiday seasons.

We all equate value differently and I get it. Sometimes it helps to have a perspective or a point of reference. While Bonnett Creek is expensive compared to other Wyndham resorts it's cheap compared to Disney DVC and Deluxe resorts for what you can get for cost of maintenance...ESPECIALLY at Thanksgiving.

So I guess the value comes down to "Where do you want to go and WHEN?" If where you want to go and when is easy to book within the ten month window maybe go for the lower maintenance cost contracts.

I wouldn't spend a ton of energy over $500 spent here or there like whether you pay for the Wyndham Transfer or the seller does or closing costs. After paying what I paid for Clearwater Retail and learning about TUG I could give two flying shits about who pays for the Wyndham Transfer as I'm getting the contract resale on pennies on the dollar compared to retail. Some would say I might have over paid for my low maintenance fee Ocean Blvd Contract (220.5k points at $1500) but for what I'm getting and what I equate value to I was happy to pay that.

Getting feel for where you want to go and when and saving those point charts and studying them and seeing what's bookable in the 10 month window is the best advice I could give you to let that drive your decision making. The kind users here have certainly given me tips on what is typically bookable 10 months out.

Last edited:

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I actually think you’re smart for going VIP. If someone owns Wyndham for at least ten (10) years, VIP is the way to go.

We can advise all current long-term Wyndham owners to go VIP. However, if a TS newbie recently rescinded a contract, I don’t think I can ethically steer them to VIP.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
No matter how much certain individuals try to establish and promote themselves as a dependable and acknowledged sources here on TUG many of us know that you don't become a "go to" person in a few short months.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. This isn’t the distinction that bendadin made in her post, though through a charitable interpretation maybe this is what she actually meant. Taken on its own, bendadin’s post was specifically disparaging “so many non-VIP people,” not a handful of newer members giving advice that sometimes overshadows the advice of much more seasoned owners (whether VIP or not).

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where do I find these deals? The cheapest adds I'm finding are on eBay, and it seems these people are fishy or driving up the bid. Other deals I've seen maybe a cheap buying price, but then the buyer is responsible for the closing fees and transfer fee which can get quite expensive.
TUG market place has a Wyndham Grand Desert 300,000 Points
Maint Fees $132.75

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Attachments

• 22787EB2-EEAC-4C1D-83EE-F80FEA51BCD3.png
    22787EB2-EEAC-4C1D-83EE-F80FEA51BCD3.png
    99.3 KB · Views: 10

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Many long time Tuggers are saying the Wyndham threads have become a joke and are pretty much a waste of time to read.
I've found that liberal use of the "ignore" feature helps keep the threads readable. There are parts I don't end up understanding, but usually I am better off for it.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've found that liberal use of the "ignore" feature helps keep the threads readable. There are parts I don't end up understanding, but usually I am better off for it.
I appreciate learning about Wyndham resale from @dgalati, @bnoble, @paxsarah, @drepublic, and @cbyrne1174. I’m only still relatively knowledgeable about Wyndham and don’t consider myself a Wyndham resale expert.

Last edited:

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Now that's a whole different subject. Lets stick to OP'S question.o_O

When did you get righteous about staying on topic?

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

jojuvan

Reaction score
TUG market place has a Wyndham Grand Desert 300,000 Points
Maint Fees $132.75
Thank you!!! This is more of what I'm looking for, for sure... I emailed the seller... anything else I should do while I wait? Another way to contact him?

antjmar

Reaction score
You can call them :) number is in ad
contact this member at 9032135226

jojuvan

Reaction score
You can call them :) number is in ad
contact this member at 9032135226
Thanks... ya I did end up texting him and he said it was under contract now. I"ll keep my eye out for more like this.. this is perfect!

antjmar

Reaction score
Also focus on where you expect to travel to and season, sometimes saving $120 a year isn't worth it if you arent able to book the vacation you really want... I'm tied to school schedule with my kids. I own Myrtle Beach, Newport and Bentley Brook. None of these are low MF but I can book Presidents week on a ski resort and enjoy Newport and MB in the summer...

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Additionally, I admit being relatively uninformed about VIP. The only things I know about VIP are: 1) it takes about $28k in developer purchases to be a silver VIP, 2) you get 25 percent discount within 60 days, 3) you get free Presidential upgrades, 4) you can use PIC and telesales purchases of $134/1k to credit your resale purchases with VIP.

With VIP, I’d obviously defer to @chapjim, @bendadin, @dandjane1, @Jan M. , @Braindead, and @ronparise

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
The value of VIP changes over time. When the more seasoned TUGgers bought into the VIP system, it was probably a better deal than it is today. Wyndham is trying to sell CWA at $250 per thousand now. I'm going to plug that value into the exponential growth formula assuming a 3% inflation rate so we can see was $250 was 20 years ago.

250 = initial value(1.03)^20

250/(1.03)^20 = initial value

$138.43 = initial value

So $138.43 in 2000 is equal to $250 in 2020 with 3% inflation. Fairfield was much cheaper than $138.43 back then, making VIP more worth it if you bought in back then vs today. Today millennials face more economical challenges than our parents did. In my parents generation, you went to college and could actually pay for it working 30 hours a week in a starter job.

Healthcare for a family of 4 now costs about $20,000 a year. Until we become more civilized like Denmark and all the other countries that don't make education and healthcare something that can be profited off of, I can't justify luxury expenses because I know if anyone in my family had actual health problems, I better have that maximum out of pocket expense always available so my family doesn't lose everything that they do have. When my husband's salary range was $40,000-$50,000, he literally got laid off 6 times in 5 years working in IT. My daughter didn't have healthcare because we were too poor to afford it with my teacher salary, but not poor enough to get government assistance.

Then when he got a few certifications and tried to get jobs within the $50,000-$60,000 range, he was shot down for being "overqualified" even though that's more than most 28 year olds make. You can do everything right, get educated in a good field, be hardworking and good at what you do. This is America. Your job is not a guarantee. It doesn't matter how smart or how hard working you are, if you work for a company, you are expendable. You can be let go for "performance" out of nowhere even though you outperform everyone else because they simply don't want to pay for you anymore, but they don't want you to sue them. I just can't in good conscience recommend anyone who isn't wealthy to buy into VIP because things happen. Your circumstances could change. The economy could change. It has nothing to do with the "benefits" and everything to do with looking out for your family if circumstances change.

Last edited:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
... more seasoned TUGgers ...

.....Today millennials face more economical challenges than our parents did. In my parents generation, you went to college and could actually pay for it working 30 hours a week in a starter job.........

Hi - from a more seasoned TUGer
(this is not a retort .)

You are correct - but your parents had 1980's stagflation and 12% + mortgages .
and likely ate a lot more meals at home as a result.

IMO - today's world economy is a "reverse parallel dimension " of those days -
low interest rates / low inflation / "lots" of jobs -
BUT the income many of these jobs provide does not get you very far -

as you said -"Keep looking out for your family" - that is what matters.