• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I'm new, and reading, reading, reading !! But I want to say "hello" also !!

LynnHilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara
I've been reading and studying a lot of information here on the TUG Member website and the TUG Online Discussion Forums website.

But I also just wanted to say "hello", and to feel like part of the TUG group.

I purchased directly from developer in 2019. (Later regretted, and described myself as "bedazzled and hypnotized" by the sales presentation, but I accept full responsibility for my choice)

Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club, Platinum, Studio, Biennial 2,200 Points

However, I'm now attempting to live by and accomplish the following wonderful quotes from the TUG "Timesharing 101" Article:

“If it’s too late to rescind, accept that it’s too late and enjoy your week without regrets. Most TUGgers purchased their first Timeshares from developers, at prices far exceeding resale value, so we know what it’s like.”

“focus towards getting the most out of your timeshare so that you will receive the maximum possible benefits”

“Remember the point of timesharing is for you, your family, and your friends to enjoy better, more satisfying vacations; don’t let yourself get so frustrated trying to work with timesharing that you lose that goal.”

“obtain more value and enjoyment from timeshare ownership”

I'm looking forward to having Internet friends here who understand timeshares in general, as well as possibly having some specifics in common with me.

LynnHilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara
Hello, #1 Cowboys Fan, thank you so much for the welcome !!

I probably know even less about football than I do about timeshares, but here's a little "faking it" football talk to pretend I know something.

I see you're currently in Maine, but a Cowboys fan. Either former Texan, or the Cowboys are still "America's Team". If so, I can understand that, because I grew up in Pittsburgh so I'll always be a member of the Steeler Nation no matter where I live (and of course there is a Steeler Nation local chapter in every state!!). However, the team I'm most fond of would be the 1985 Chicago Bears.

What does "TUG Review Crew: Veteran" mean exactly? Is it similar to being a forum moderator, or does it refer to the number of times you've written reviews about resorts you visited?

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Welcome to Tug and our family. I too purchased my first timeshare from a developer. As I acquired more and had years of enjoyment it averaged out to be a minimal expense as all the future ones I acquired were free or at great prices. Look forward to you joining our discussions.

LynnHilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara
Thank you for the welcome, pedro47. I'm looking forward to getting as much knowledge as I can !!

LynnHilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara
Thank you for the welcome, Panina. I'm looking forward to my first HGV vacations in 2020, and learning whether additional purchases will be a good idea for me, as they were for you.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Welcome to TUG. We really have some great and wonderful HGVC TUG members who are all will to help. So please feel free to ask questions and participate. We all don't have the same options and that is what makes the group wonderful. Because we answer from different perspectives.

pianodinosaur

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
@LynnHilton:

Live long as prosper!!

We will soon be taking our trip of a lifetime via HGVC. Five days at the Rome Cavalieri followed by a 9 day Greek Island Cruise all paid with HHONORS and HGVC points. Timesharing is fun.

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
Welcome to TUG! We bought our first timeshare from the developer also (Starwood/Vistana on purpose, did our research and resale at the time was not much cheaper). We have gone on to buy some resale (Hyatt, DVC, Vistana, HGVC) and some retail (DVC). It's been great for us, and we hope you enjoy your ownership!

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Welcome @LynnHilton

This is the best place to learn how to maximize your HGVC ownership. The members here are very knowledgeable and always willing to help. As said above, there are different opinions from various perspectives, but it’s all great advice.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Welcome Lynn, my first purchase was with HGV direct 18 years ago. For the first 8 years I only booked my home week, knew nothing about point stretching or maint fee ratios, happy as a clam. These past 10 years on TUG its been a full degree in timesharing, learning not only HGV but all the other systems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome to TUG!! Now it's time to enjoy your timeshare/points!

LynnHilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara
Welcome to TUG. We really have some great and wonderful HGVC TUG members who are all will to help. So please feel free to ask questions and participate. We all don't have the same options and that is what makes the group wonderful. Because we answer from different perspectives.

Thank you for the welcome !! I'm looking forward to learning from all those different perspectives !!

LynnHilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara
@LynnHilton:

Live long as prosper!!

We will soon be taking our trip of a lifetime via HGVC. Five days at the Rome Cavalieri followed by a 9 day Greek Island Cruise all paid with HHONORS and HGVC points. Timesharing is fun.

Wow, that sounds wonderful !! Enjoy every minute !!

LynnHilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara
Welcome to TUG! We bought our first timeshare from the developer also (Starwood/Vistana on purpose, did our research and resale at the time was not much cheaper). We have gone on to buy some resale (Hyatt, DVC, Vistana, HGVC) and some retail (DVC). It's been great for us, and we hope you enjoy your ownership!

Thanks for the welcome, Denise !! It's good to know that you enjoy your timeshare !!

LynnHilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara
Welcome @LynnHilton

This is the best place to learn how to maximize your HGVC ownership. The members here are very knowledgeable and always willing to help. As said above, there are different opinions from various perspectives, but it’s all great advice.

Thanks for the welcome, dayooper !! I'll be making good use of all the help and advice !!

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
What does "TUG Review Crew: Veteran" mean exactly? Is it similar to being a forum moderator, or does it refer to the number of times you've written reviews about resorts you visited?
It's based on how many timeshare reviews we have written. You'll get a title like that after you start posting reviews.

I hope you get as much out of Tug as I have. It's helped me tremendously with buying/selling my timeshares and also with lots of other non-timeshare travel.

LynnHilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara
Welcome Lynn, my first purchase was with HGV direct 18 years ago. For the first 8 years I only booked my home week, knew nothing about point stretching or maint fee ratios, happy as a clam. These past 10 years on TUG its been a full degree in timesharing, learning not only HGV but all the other systems. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the welcome, Dave !! I'm only at "day one of freshman year" here, but maybe I'll get a diploma like you after a few years !!

LynnHilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara
It's based on how many timeshare reviews we have written. You'll get a title like that after you start posting reviews.

I hope you get as much out of Tug as I have. It's helped me tremendously with buying/selling my timeshares and also with lots of other non-timeshare travel.

Thanks for the explanation and your positive thoughts about tinesharing and TUG. I'm looking forward to visiting some resorts so I can write some reviews!!

LynnHilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara
Welcome to TUG!! Now it's time to enjoy your timeshare/points!

Thanks for the welcome, Anna !! I'm making plans for some 2020 travel !!

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@LynnHilton welcome to TUG.

Where do you want to travel? You not only have points but there are cash last minute open season and RCI getaways to stretch your points.

LynnHilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara
@LynnHilton welcome to TUG.

Where do you want to travel? You not only have points but there are cash last minute open season and RCI getaways to stretch your points.

Thanks for the welcome, CalGal !!

For 2020 travel I have my eye on the resorts in groups "Florida - Atlantic" and "South Carolina - Myrtle Beach"

Yeah, the last-minute cash Open Season opportunities were a benefit I didn't know, so when I found out about that I was thrilled, as I expect to use Open Season a lot.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Thanks for the welcome, CalGal !!

For 2020 travel I have my eye on the resorts in groups "Florida - Atlantic" and "South Carolina - Myrtle Beach"

Yeah, the last-minute cash Open Season opportunities were a benefit I didn't know, so when I found out about that I was thrilled, as I expect to use Open Season a lot.

My family and I love Myrtle Beach. Ocean 22 is our choice, but any of the 3 are nice with great locations.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@LynnHilton There is also a feature in RCI that are getaways which can be booked up to a year(?) in advance for cash discount. These are often shoulder or off season but worth a try. Note that many of the RCI properties are often Wyndham or independents which are 3.5 stars or below. Not HGVC 4* quality.

You have to call the HGVC RCI desk to do a search so it is a pain but you can book further out for cash. Sometimes there are also HGVCs available, but you have to check the prices vs. renting on Expedia or priceline.