• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Knee Replacement tomorrow (Oct 2, 2019)

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Someone reminded me that at one time after knee replacement it was routine to take shots in the abdominal area daily to prevent blood clots

That sounds like a nuisance. They have me on an 81mg aspirin as a blood thinner twice a day for that. I hope that’s enough.

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Good luck with your recovery. I am a home health PT and rehab a lot of knees. One of the keys is to keep the swelling down. If your PT hasn't told you already along with the ice and hourly walking it is the HEIGHT of the elevation that is key when you are at rest during the day. Foot= or above heart level (and in extension) and not just up on an ottoman or straight out on your recliner.

I have pages of PT instructions, including those. Swelling is going down fairly quick. Using lots of ice and elevated placement. Keeping the pain under control has been important. As I said earlier, I’m a wimp for pain. ;)

Dave

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Dave, it's so good to read that you are navigating your recovery like a pro and that it seems to be going well so far! Wishing the best for you!

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like things are going good for you, hope it keeps going! Knee Replacement may be in my future.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Thanks again, everyone, for the well wishes. I’m so glad to finally have had this done. Chronic knee pain had been with me for so long, a combination of joint-injuring accidents, and spending 11 of my 20 Navy years stationed aboard ships. Steel decks, steel stairs, steel-toed boots, no flex in anything, all took its toll. The last thing I did aboard my last ship was an accidental fall down a flight of stairs (a ”ladder” in Navy talk), and I folded both my legs up at the knees - sideways. I spent a long time in rehab, and learning how to walk again. It’s been a struggle just learning how to function, when the joints were so screwed up. I was getting shots under my kneecaps every few months for years, trying to live with it, till I could get to the point of having the joints replaced. They wouldn’t do it till I was old enough that statistically they’d only have to do it once per knee. I’m finally at that point, and this second replacement completes the joint replacements.

My hope going forward is that I’ll be able to do some of the things I’ve been unable to do all these years. There are so many hikes in Hawaii and here in the Pacific Northwest that I’d really like to try doing. My surfing days are behind me, I know, but I’d like to be able to fully enjoy my upcoming retirement.

Stick around, and we’ll learn together how it works out. I’m excited for my future. :)

Dave

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Dave, I too put my replacement off for years, probably twenty. It is so nice not to have the constant pain. There are some limitations,the new knee cannot do many things the old knee could do.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Dave, I too put my replacement off for years, probably twenty. It is so nice not to have the constant pain. There are some limitations,the new knee cannot do many things the old knee could do.

Agreed. Some people have an easier time than others. I’m ready for however this plays out.

Dave